Don’t know how well looked after they are!

sorry conor I don’t understand what you are implicating :neutral_face:

nightline:

robroy:
I have a mate on Stobarts (it aint nightline btw :slight_smile: ) he tells me he gets paid for it,.a meal and refreshments included…, and in works time.
So looks like you’ve got it wrong bud.

Sure why would they not pay for it
It could be part of their wages as they say it’s all build into one
Ok mate or is it bud

I keep telling you, but you don’t listen :unamused: …You are my special mate, buddy… or any other term of endearment,… you know that.
In fact when your name comes up the word ‘‘special’’ always springs to my mind. :wink:

Like getting your licence in the first place, it’s your responsibility to get it, and keep it up to date and valid. Some companies pay for that, some don’t. But nobody is responsible for your licence, or is required to pay for it. You are. It’s your licence. Not theirs.

As a driver you should not ask your employer to pay for that course. You should ask( nay, expect…) them to pay you a wage that pays enough to be able to pay for your licence requirements yourself. You should not be beholden to your employer to be able to do your job.

Conor:
Downside of places like that Is all it needs is just one random spot visit by one of the inspectors who turns up part way during when the course is supposed to be taking place and finding names on a list who aren’t there and then everyone who had training there gets their credits revoked.

Ok, I understand what you are saying and, I hate to admit it, but you’re right.

The thing is, I’ve been stopped countless times across Europe and not once have I been asked for my CPC card. So even if it is revoked I’ll take the slap on the wrist for dodging 35 hours of boredom thanks.

Conor:
Downside of places like that Is all it needs is just one random spot visit by one of the inspectors who turns up part way during when the course is supposed to be taking place and finding names on a list who aren’t there and then everyone who had training there gets their credits revoked.

It would take a very deceitful & evil person to add the names at the end of the day to the list rather than at the start.

My company puts us on cpc, don’t pay a penny for it, get paid for the day whilst doing it. Only clause is if you’ve been with the company less than 3 months then leave before you reach 3 months you pay the full course cost back. Once you’ve been there over 3 months you could do your cpc, leave the next day and won’t pay a penny back.

There’s one driver that still chooses to not take the company up on this offer and goes and pays for his own and does it on his days off.

Rowley010:
My company puts us on cpc, don’t pay a penny for it, get paid for the day whilst doing it. Only clause is if you’ve been with the company less than 3 months then leave before you reach 3 months you pay the full course cost back. Once you’ve been there over 3 months you could do your cpc, leave the next day and won’t pay a penny back.

There’s one driver that still chooses to not take the company up on this offer and goes and pays for his own and does it on his days off.

That sounds fair enough to me, and the way it should be imo.
Ok as someone said, the firm aint committed to pay for their driver’s cpc, but if they do, it does show that they think something of their employees, a rarirty these days in this job.
As for the guy you mention :unamused: …why tf would you even do that?
Drivers eh? :unamused:

We go in on Saturdays unpaid, employer pays for the trainer (quite a good one, actually) and they also pay for for food and drink.

robroy:

Rowley010:

Ok as someone said, the firm aint committed to pay for their driver’s cpc, but if they do, it does show that they think something of their employees, a rarirty these days in this job.

I know a bloke who pays for his own cpc,even though the company pay for it.
Apparently he knows"a man that can"

robroy:

Rowley010:

In contrast to that I worked for another company briefly and their deal on cpc was:

Less than 1 years service you paid for the course cost yourself either upfront or out of wages and you had to book it in with them on your day off unpaid.

1-2 years service they paid for the course but you still had to book it in on a day off and come in unpaid.

2 years or more and finally they paid the cost and you got paid your normal for coming into to do it.

Can’t remember what the time frame on paying it back if you left as well.

dave docwra:
It would take a very deceitful & evil person to add the names at the end of the day to the list rather than at the start.

All details are required to be recorded at the start of the session, not the end. So inspector turns up an hour or so after kick off time, asks to see the list, sees more names than people actually there.

Conor:

dave docwra:

All details are required to be recorded at the start of the session, not the end. So inspector turns up an hour or so after kick off time, asks to see the list, sees more names than people actually there.

Presumably recorded electronically, at session start, with a time stamp?
A note book and pencil wouldn`t be immune to “revision” at session end.

Conor:

dave docwra:

As I’ve sat in a CPC session (for a blue chip company) and had the trainer ask us if anyone was good at faking autographs because they cocked up on the day before I don’t think it’s immune from messing with.

Secondly all the trainer would need to do is say the bloke/blokes left as they didn’t feel well or he asked them to leave because they were disruptive.