Does this annoy anyone else?

robroy:

4yorks:
Yep… This is why I don’t move over to lane 2 anymore, whether it be for another lorry or a car. Its not my job to change lanes it’s their job to merge correctly and it’s as simple as that really… They need to back off and merge in behind me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’s all about old style driver courtesy for me, I always pull over to let another truck out, and flash them out (when safe that is)
If I stopped being courteous to other truckers because of the dicks with no manners, that makes me as bad a driver as them I reckon…but that’s just my way of thinking.

Same here, shame some drivers don’t seem to appreciate being let out

If this sort of thing is an annoyance to you, just get into the habit of setting your cruise control a little bit lower than the limiter on your lorry. Then, if you move over to let another lorry merge and he does the speed matching bit, leaving you “hung out” in Lane 2, wait until your speeds have equalized, then simply press the loud pedal and off you go in front of him. Once you have moved back into Lane 1, ease back onto cruise in front of him and let matey boy sort himself out…

Spot on Roymondo.

I tend to run at 52/53 all the time now, can’t be arsed with the constant tailgating pushing and shoving of the limiter crowd, so let em all go by, when i come up behind someone doing 50 or so can nip up to limiter to get past promptly and back in then resume, makes for a much more pleasant day.

These hang you out bods don’t annoy me, they ain’t lorry drivers and never will be as long as they have a hole in their arse, so it doesn’t reflect on our industry, i tend to drop back and let 'em go cos i prefer steering wheel operatives in front where i can see 'em.

4yorks:
Yep… This is why I don’t move over to lane 2 anymore, whether it be for another lorry or a car. Its not my job to change lanes it’s their job to merge correctly and it’s as simple as that really… They need to back off and merge in behind me

This is the way of things now is it?
How sad.
The way I see it, we have enough ■■■■ to deal with, without acting like pricks to each other.
In case you have not noticed joining a motorway in a loaded truck is not the same as in a car, you can’t accelerate in the same way.
So, that’s why most professional truck drivers act in this way.
Likewise, when a bunch of cars all come down the slip together, I move over for them, as they can’t do the same as one car can do in the same situation.
Old school you see.

robroy:

4yorks:

It’s all about old style driver courtesy for me, I always pull over to let another truck out, and flash them out (when safe that is)
If I stopped being courteous to other truckers because of the dicks with no manners, that makes me as bad a driver as them I reckon…but that’s just my way of thinking.

^^^^^^^
=1 THERE FOR ME ALSO.
il never pull out for a car to merge,but always for a truck.
unless its a mad paddy on the wire,then mostly i can usually just ■■■■ all over anyone else that thinks of keeping me out… :slight_smile:

Never move over from lane one, cars need to get the foot down and out accelerate us wagons idiots

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ROADRANGER:

4yorks:

How sad.
The way I see it, we have enough [zb] to deal with, without acting like pricks to each other.
In case you have not noticed joining a motorway in a loaded truck is not the same as in a car, you can’t accelerate in the same way.
Likewise, when a bunch of cars all come down the slip together, I move over for them, as they can’t do the same as one car can do in the same situation.
Old school you see.

I always move over for a truck IF I can. If I can’t then I can’t he’ll have to deal with it. His problem I’m afraid. If a line of cars come down all bunched up to other then ■■■■ em. Why are they all so close to each other when they can a truck in a lane 1? Nah I leave em and 2 normally can get in front and the others have to slow down to come behind. Teach em for just coming down a slip road so close to each other. How do they expect to all join like that if other traffic can’t move over?

DickyNick:

Roymondo:
If this sort of stuff annoys you, you’re in the wrong job :slight_smile:

Well maybe annoyed is a bit strong…

What’s the way to put it?

Mildly irritated by it? Can’t understand why another professional driver wouldn’t just let you back before going to his limiter? Find it a lack of courtesy? Maybe that’s it. I’m not annoyed by it, Im just making an observation about lack of courtesy. That better eh?

You’ve made a dangerous assumption there.

DickyNick:

ROADRANGER:

4yorks:

How sad.
The way I see it, we have enough [zb] to deal with, without acting like pricks to each other.
Old school you see.

I always move over for a truck IF I can. If I can’t then I can’t he’ll have to deal with it. His problem I’m afraid. If a line of cars come down all bunched up to other then [zb] em. Why are they all so close to each other when they can a truck in a lane 1? Nah I leave em and 2 normally can get in front and the others have to slow down to come behind. Teach em for just coming down a slip road so close to each other. How do they expect to all join like that if other traffic can’t move over?

A couple of reasons that cars may be bunched up.
One, traffic lights at the island on top of slip, or Muppet in car at the front of the bunch.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s irritating if you move over for a car when it looks like if you don’t they will run into you, and when you do,they remember what the pedal on the right is for,but, most of us expect/hope that whatever is in lane one moves over for us.
I works both ways.

whisperingsmith:
Never had that problem before speed limiters - but we were all in it together then
& what a mix: Atkis that couldn’t get over 50 & F12s that could cruise at over 90 (mph)

Ha , remember these days well. :smiley: and if my memory serves me well, roadtrains could spank an F 12 . :laughing:

Those were the days my friend.

Mr German car…

Driver, frequently sporting M or S line badges who is actually in front of you by half an inch on the slip but decides he can’t make it so slams all on and no doubt makes a vulgar gesture at you. Here’s the best bit, once he’s got out into the traffic behind you, without fail, he’ll show you just how ■■■■■■■ fast that badged up German flagship car is by blasting past you like a drag racer.

Funny old world innit.

yourhavingalarf:
Mr German car…

Driver, frequently sporting M or S line badges who is actually in front of you by half an inch on the slip but decides he can’t make it so slams all on and no doubt makes a vulgar gesture at you. Here’s the best bit, once he’s got out into the traffic behind you, without fail, he’ll show you just how [zb] fast that badged up German flagship car is by blasting past you like a drag racer.

Funny old world innit.

To have got out in front of you would have required him to be A aware of someone else on the road :unamused: , B to make some rough calculations as to where at the current speed/direction each vehicle would be at the end of the acceleration lane :unamused: , C to make some minor variance in said speed/direction in order for said vehicles not to be alongside at the end of said acceleration lane :unamused: .

However we have enough bods behind lorry wheels who seem just as unaware, and when both of these muppets meet :neutral_face:

robroy:
If I stopped being courteous to other truckers because of the dicks with no manners, that makes me as bad a driver as them I reckon

+1