Does anyone listen to podcasts while driving?

Bino10:
Joe Rogan podcast, all day!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Good shout!

Would listening to podcasts swallow your data like watching Youtube does?

ArcticMonkey:
Would listening to podcasts swallow your data like watching Youtube does?

If you stream them they’ll use a bit of data but nothing like as much as watching videos. However, I tend to just download four or five at the start of a shift which takes a couple of minutes and uses minimal data.

Catching up on indinite monkey cage at the moment. After that will find something :wink:

As for data, it does use quite a bit but as said nothing as much as youtube does.

App i use is tune in radio. Also good for internet radio

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bino10:
Joe Rogan podcast, all day!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Drive by Day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

Thanks guys, was just wondering if most trucks have AUX cables or bluetooth or basically anything other than Radio (cant listen to the radio, it drives me insane)

If not, ill just get a bluetooth speaker and put it on the seat next to me or on the dash.

If anyone’s into NFL, you need to check out ‘Gladiator’ by the Boston Globe, its about Aaron Hernandez, one of the best TE’s who was currently playing the game and revolutionising the way offences set up using TE’s.

He got arrested in 2013 for the Murder of Odin Lloyd and then ended up commiting suicide in prison but it goes into his past and everything. Brilliant listen for anyone interested.

If you like true crime, listen to ‘They walk among us’ and ‘casefile’. Both have been around for ages so you’ll have hours to listen to.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stubz:
Athletico Mince - Bob Mortimer & Andy Dawson, So funny, wont be for everyone but i love it!

As a fan of R&M since Big Night Out started, I’m a huge fan of this!
They always brighten up a long drive and never fail to have me in tears.
I was listening to the overheard meat ordering conversation in the restaurant on Saturday and nearly had to pull over, I was laughing so much, that has to be the funniest one they’ve ever done :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Warhammer! :grimacing:

Beau Nydel:
What’s a podcast?

My thoughts exactly. Some of the content mentioned could interest me but as I haven’t got a clue what a podcast is this thread’s gone straight over my head.

It’s basically a modern version of a radio show, on demand to listen to whenever you wish, by downloading it first or just streaming.

Wikipedia describes it as:

A podcast or generically netcast, is an episodic series of digital audio or video files which a user can download in order to listen to. It is often available for subscription, so that new episodes are automatically downloaded via web syndication to the user’s own local computer, mobile application, or portable media player.

Yeah I read the Wikipedia description, just waiting for the English translation.

I gave you one in the first part of my post

Essentially a radio show which anyone can record and post online available to anyone who wants to listen to it for free.

Basically allows anyone their own broadcast platform free from editorial constraints of the BBC or commercial interests.

im a comedy fan so listen to joerogan experience, joey diaz, church of whats happening now, the fighter and the kid, your moms house podcast, tiger belly…the list goes on! if i run out of them, its backto the good old two mikes podcast (talksport and on the record). there are more i listen too but too many to carry on :unamused:

Basically for anyone who is interested in podcasts and wants to know what they are, i see them as a radio show of your choosing.

Whatever genre you are interested in, there’s a podcast for it. If you like fitness and health, there are shows that cater to that, If you like comedy, if you like learning things, if you need motivation, If you like history, there’s Dan Carlin’s ■■■■■■■■ history (a personal fave) where he goes into explicit detail about certain times of history which take him roughly 6 months each to make.

If you like literally anything, there’s a podcast for it.

Certain times of the day I will put on a podcast or audio book

I just download onto my PC at the weekend and transfer them to an MP3 player

I like to listen to stand up comedy it helps when tired as well because you realease some endorphins and feel energetic :smiley:

Robots For Eyes. Two guys discuss crimes,murders,aliens,disappearances etc . If you find that kind of stuff interesting.

As a fan of pre 2010 pro wrestling, I find Something To Wrestle With by Bruce Pritchard a pretty interesting listen.