Dodgy deliveries

peirre:
I lost count of the number of cages and pallets I’ve lost over the end of the tailift, several of which ended up on car bonnets. These where at Wilko stores and the cars belonged to the shop managers who would park their car in the loading bays to save on town centre parking fees. But despite requests to move their car, would be too busy to come and shift it. A heavy pallet or cage falling off & landing on the bonnet generally got their attention and encouraged them not to ignore the request for them to shift it. My piece de resistance was in the Frenchgate shopping centre at Doncaster, which required a double blindsided reverse in the underground delivery area, the manager had left their car tucked in the side of the gloomy bay, I managed to squeeze the car up against the concrete wall with the trailer and write the car off

Makes you sound like a right ■■■■ tbh, would be better to not deliver unless it’s moved!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1. It shouldn’t have been there
  2. It’s a double blindside reverse at the bottom of the ramp
  3. It’s dark and gloomy down there
  4. $h! t happens

peirre:

1. It shouldn’t have been there
  2. It’s a double blindside reverse at the bottom of the ramp
  3. It’s dark and gloomy down there
  4. $h! t happens

Crunch!!! very much the motto.of Wilko work seeing all the battlescars on the sides of the trailers. Think if I remember right Liverpool store was the same good side reverse down the slope to the loading dock… just need to miss that big lump steel hanging out as you go around the corner and down.

Yes it was Leeds Trin. My time was when they in the middle of building the new part of the shopping center. What fun!

I just worry about Chicken Farmers jumping out in the dead of night going “boo”! arses :wink:

Doing 3x Lee circle deliveries in Leicester on a Friday was interesting too, as the 2nd & 3rd runs where after 6pm the drunks would regularly throw beer bottles at you or the truck

Wilko Halifax…tight blind reverse uphill with a very tall and solid wall on the drivers side a complete sod if at all wet also staff trying to be helpful but not really experienced in banksing

When i was green :grimacing: and on milk tankers… i was sent out in ‘the shed’ one evening, the pump was known to have computer issues… got halfway through a farm collection and the pump stopped with the message ‘tanker full’. :open_mouth:

Policy was that we weren’t to climb up on the vehicles and open the lid, except with assistance at the dairy. Elf n safety etc. I certainly wasn’t doing it in the middle of winter, in the dark, in a deserted farmyard. Totalled up all the tickets of what i’d collected so far, plus the partial collection in progress… should have been about 2000L ullage to spare, called the boss… yeah yeah just override it and restart the pump…

About 30 seconds after restarting it, raw milk starting ■■■■■■■ out of every orifice and the tanker overflows, and all over the yard. Suffice to say, on this occasion, the computer was correct, the tank was indeed full and by the time i’d stopped it again, it’d spewed about 500ish litres all over the farm yard, which of course was on a downhill sope, so it spread out like ■■■■■■■ oil all down the yard, driveway, etc.

Took about an hour to clean the mess up, in subzero temps, and I still had to go and offload to a reload tanker then come back for the rest :imp:

God i miss that job :laughing: :laughing:

God i miss that job :laughing: :laughing:

I bet it don’t miss you chris… :wink: :smiley: