Digicard, first use.i

sammym:

steviespain:
PC keeps locking up, at random. I had typed up ALL about my day out, like I do :smiley:, including about the tacho and veh. HUGE Merc! :smiley:
Then PC locks up and I lose everything I´ve typed.
Three times I´ve typed my usual crap up then lost it. Gonna wait until later to do it again.

Hmmm, van…hmmmmmm. It was BIG effin van if it was :open_mouth: :laughing:

If it was a 7.5ter mate is must have had a tacho unless it was out of the museum and have paper tachos which I have been reading about in the history books.

Either way - hope you enjoyed it!

Irony is, I’m actually quite good with paper tachos, it’s what there was when I started. My dad never could figure them out. He goes back to the good old days, the days of the log book… the book of lies!

yawn
03:15.
Here we go again :smiley:

Ok ok ok, it was a van. I can dream, can´t I? :blush:
:laughing:

steviespain:
Ok ok ok, it was a van. I can dream, can´t I? :blush:
:laughing:

I’m in a 26t rigid tonight.

Much much much harder to drive than an artic. So apply the same logic and give yourself a pat on the back. As long as you get paid don’t worry about nothing else.

:slight_smile: Thanks sammy and good luck on that rigid :smiley:

Day 2 was much better than day 1.

Day 1, on any job, is always a bit nerve wracking. Sure, I got the job done, made a few executive decisions (correctly, luckily :slight_smile: ) but I was learning how to do everything all at the same time. How the delivery notes worked, which ones were C.O.D., what the collection notes were, how the van was loaded, how the packages were marked, how to drive a van :smiley:
I was a bit of a sweaty mess tbh.
Oh, the loading guys? What a effin waste of frikkin space, and a total bunch of thick ■■■■■■■■■
The plan is, and I´m sure this is what happens everywhere, is that I get a delivery note marked with a big “1”. This coincides with a parcel that also has a big “1” marked in black felt tip on it.
Easy enough so far, sounds good.
Loading guys mark the package and THEN load it, they don´t care that you can´t actually see that “1”, on the package, from the back of the van.
I spent more time searching for numbers than I did driving. And how is this “X” supposed to be a number 4!! Or the number 10 actually looks like 16!!! I had to go through all the delivery docs to find the part number that matched, took me a good 25 mins.
This what happens when you guys whose first language is arabic writing english numbers. No, not racist, not me, not at all.
The TM said “Haha, yeah, we tell em everyday about marking correctly and making it viewable from the back of the van”
I kept quiet.

Anyways, 7.5t for Jewsons next week, Tues-Fri, Oxford. I´m heading for the bigtime :slight_smile:

Phone call: Back into me van the week after Jewsons. Nice :slight_smile:

You must have done something right! I hate multi drop with a passion, still, one mans meat is another mans poison :open_mouth:

I must have been, jbaz , they´ve just promoted me to their 7.5t. I´m a gonna miss my Merc van, and my loyal customers on me own little route :smiley:
Still, a couple of weeks on 7.5 will stand me in good stead for when I get me Cat C back, or for when I go visit Peter.

Bummer. Had to cancel the Jewsons job. It was in OXford and my Oyster (free travel) won´t take me that far.
I tried to work it out for cheap day returns etc but the cheapest I could find was 40 quid a day. No, not gonna happen.
Agent wasn´t pleased but, to be fair, he was ok about it.
He phoned this morning with another 7.5 job on Tues and Wed.
Then Mon-Fri back to me little van, sorry…BIG van, job :smiley: but on their 7.5t. Which, I think, is a run to Milton Keynes and back. allowing 2 hours each way probably 2 runs.

Still no word from DVLA, getting a bit edgy.