Digi card print offs

You don`t have to print off at anytime in normal situations.

Personnelly however as an agency driver, I print off 2 copies at the end of every shift.
1 prior to ejection of my card, the other on ejection of my card (this has the total Kms).
1 goes into a tacho wallet, the other is stuck into a diary against the relivant page. So should there be a dispute about my wages/timekeeping, I have a paper record of my timekeeping that I can present to the agency should I need to. As most agencies don`t have the facilities to read digi cards in the office. A paper copy is probably the only proof I have if theres a timekeeping dispute

julian.dale:
you only need to print off from a digi card on these occasions.
(1) when you are waiting for a replacement from DVLA, ie damaged, lost, etc.
(2) when pulled in by VOSA, Police etc and they require a print out.

You also need to take a print out IF you need to make a manual entry during the course of your working day,

i.e,
going over your driving /working time due to unforeseen circumstances.

peirre:
You don`t have to print off at anytime in normal situations.

Personnelly however as an agency driver, I print off 2 copies at the end of every shift.

Which is why I always take the roll out of the machine and lock it away whenever I leave the unit in the yard. if I don’t the bloody agency drivers use all the roll and leave me to get new ones. :wink: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
Which is why I always take the roll out of the machine and lock it away whenever I leave the unit in the yard. if I don’t the bloody agency drivers use all the roll and leave me to get new ones. :wink: :laughing:

that wouldn’t bother me as I’d only go back to the office and get another one.
If there isn’t a roll in the head & 1 spare in the cab the truck doesn’t leave the yard as it’s a part of the daily checks to ensure there’s 2 rolls :stuck_out_tongue:

besides I carry spare rolls in my bag, and if need be I will put my own roll in and
aquire another roll ( to replace the 1 I donated) somewhere else or from the office before I leave the yard

peirre:
If there isn’t a roll in the head & 1 spare in the cab the truck doesn’t leave the yard as it’s a part of the daily checks to ensure there’s 2 rolls :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe the wording is; “The driver must carry sufficient supplies of type approved print roll on board the vehicle so that a printout can be produced at an enforcement officer’s request”

Type approved means having the EU type approval number on the paper roll that matches the VU e number

Just a quick one in line with this thread, do i have to take my card out when sleeping out?
I’ve only just started using digi as well
Thanks

Giddy:
Just a quick one in line with this thread, do i have to take my card out when sleeping out?
Thanks

It’s your choice Giddy, some drivers leave the card in and some take it out, it’s legal either way but if you leave it in you must remember to change to rest mode and put the end of shift location (Country) in.

Personally I’ve always taken my card out at the end of the shift.

Giddy:
Thanks

I put my card in last Sunday morning at about 04:45 and it stayed in until about 20:30 tonight. Much easier to leave it in and takes just a few seconds to switch the mode and enter the end country when finishing and begin country when starting. It also keeps it safe should your cab be broken into, we had one person on here who had his card stolen while it was out of the machine while he was away. Your average thief won’t know how to eject the card and I think the ignition has to be on when ejecting the card anyway.

Your average thief won’t know how to eject the card and I think the ignition has to be on when ejecting the card anyway.

Indeed, this caught me out earlier this week, wondering back to the office after having finished, checked my wallet - no digicard.

Legged it back to the truck, and pressed eject. Mild panic washes over me as “the card must not be in there”.

Brain cogs slowly turning… Oh ignition :blush:

Was a fairly long shift just to offer some kind of defence to my daftness.

I still don’t entirely trust digicards, have some misguided worry that the machine with eat my card like a disgruntled ATM. :laughing: