Dickheads on the phone

Remember - " Think of the children "

Was that Stanley Baker in the Dodge/Leyland ?

Bloody tippermen in their fancy Dodges and.Leylands, haven’t got a minute to spare.
Somebody should phone and report the ■■■■ s.
:laughing:

pete smith:
One or possibly both of these drivers apparently on the phone,

The wire probably tangled around the steering wheel :smiley:

OVLOV JAY:

pete smith:

Plus in those days it was 2 hand operated and drive with your knees. :smiley:

So how the hell did you write down messages when driving like we all errr like some do.
(Sorry Uncle Albie :wink: )

robroy:

OVLOV JAY:

pete smith:

Plus in those days it was 2 hand operated and drive with your knees. :smiley:
So how the hell did you write down messages when driving like we all errr like some do.
(Sorry Uncle Albie :wink: )

During the war…

pete smith:

Should’ve read the instructions. They were both clearly marked “Dodge”.
Bernard

Wound up, far from it.My blood pressure is perfect.
Always has been.
All that has been confirmed in this thread is how some of today’s truck drivers are arrogant fools and standards have slipped dramatically over the years.
God help us all.

Uncle Albie:
Always has been.
All that has been confirmed in this thread is how some of today’s truck drivers are arrogant fools and standards have slipped dramatically over the years.
God help us all.

I struggled to read that going round a roundabout :stuck_out_tongue:

OVLOV JAY:

Uncle Albie:
Always has been.
God help us all.

I struggled to read that going round a roundabout :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: Pmsl :laughing:

Uncle Albie:
Always has been.
God help us all.

It’s called ‘‘Having a sense of humour’’ mate. :bulb:

(Although I do agree with some of your points, it’s your style of delivery that attracts derision. :bulb: )

peterm:
Was that Stanley Baker in the Dodge/Leyland ?

no,it was patrick mcgoohan who got caught,and done for t,hence how he ended up as " the prisoner"… :wink:

Uncle Albie:

Yeah mate, that’ll be it… :wink:

OH BOLLOX, JUST MISSED MY TURN OFF! :open_mouth:

Uncle Albie:
Always has been.
God help us all.

I think you underestimate the skill of today’s drivers fella. I managed to find Dunfermline yesterday without ever being there before, and not only did I get no infringements or any damage to the truck, I managed to peel a tangerine on the M8 even though it’s full of camera’s.

Skilled to the max Brother :wink:

Uncle Albie:
Always has been.
God help us all.

Thats not a fair conclusion to come to, theres many very professional drivers out there, many on this very forum…

AndrewG:

Uncle Albie:
Always has been.
God help us all.

Thats not a fair conclusion to come to, theres many very professional drivers out there, many on this very forum…

Come on then… name one and just to be fair, don’t mention me.

peterm:

Well… our old Uncle Albie does things by the book and seems to abide by the highway code at all times so i nominate Uncle Albie, also for driver of the year…

Maybe I’m missing the context here but my biggest gripe is the regulation of these offences. HGV/ PSV drivers are easier to regulate because we 're few in number. Car drivers on the other hand are generally not regulated so can literally get away with murder. With the dwindling number of police cars on the road (traffic) the chances of a car driver driving dangerously being punished are low.

AndrewG:

peterm:

Well… our old Uncle Albie does things by the book and seems to abide by the highway code at all times so i nominate Uncle Albie, also for driver of the year…

:smiley:

mazzer:

pickandmix:
Same as smoking in the truck. Nobody gets prosecuted for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardly in the same league of crimes really considering the damage that a numpty on the phone can do

What about non smokers who then have to drive the truck … the stake smoke gets in the lungs of non smokers fact. You can’t pick and choose laws to suit. … mobile phone offences should be a 6 month ban no excuses no exceptions at all.