Delivery van driver gets shafted

I was talking to a bloke who does work for Amazon in larkfield and he recons they pay £125 per day per van you take all the running costs out of that and you are will down on £12 ph .

Personnel Today reporting UKXD who contract to Amazon are settling claims brought by GMB union concerning false claims of self employment. Up to £20k in back pay too.
Someone care to check and put a link up?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Personnel Today reporting UKXD who contract to Amazon are settling claims brought by GMB union concerning false claims of self employment. Up to £20k in back pay too.
Someone care to check and put a link up?

There you go.

The GMB seem to be going for these companies, it was them that supported the Uber drivers case.

If all these drivers have to end up being properly employed, I wonder what the next dodgy scheme these companies will come up with?

chester1:
I was talking to a bloke who does work for Amazon in larkfield and he recons they pay £125 per day per van you take all the running costs out of that and you are will down on £12 ph .

That would be beyond stupid. Let’s say he’s working ten hours a day , so at minimum wage he needs to clear £72.00, van + maintenance you would normally say £30.00 ish, insurance is a bit of a guess £10.00 (insurers don’t like couriers), then again guessing, half a tank of fuel?, £30.00…I’m seeing a problem. How’s his holiday pay, sick pay/insurance and pension going. How is he doing on getting a replacement van. There is a bit of guesswork going on there, it’s the opposite of what we do.

I understand people are desperate for some money, but desperation doesn’t make the figures stack up.

Edit: interesting Franglais ( if only because I find myself agreeing with a union).

albion:

chester1:

That would be beyond stupid. Let’s say he’s working ten hours a day , so at minimum wage he needs to clear £72.00, van + maintenance you would normally say £30.00 ish, insurance is a bit of a guess £10.00 (insurers don’t like couriers), then again guessing, half a tank of fuel?, £30.00…I’m seeing a problem. How’s his holiday pay, sick pay/insurance and pension going. How is he doing on getting a replacement van. There is a bit of guesswork going on there, it’s the opposite of what we do.

I understand people are desperate for some money, but desperation doesn’t make the figures stack up.

Edit: interesting Franglais ( if only because I find myself agreeing with a union).

If you ever quit as a boss maybe you’d make a good union rep?
Poacher/game keeper?

LOL maybe, as long as I didn’t have to join one myself, which might not work for them… :wink:

muckles:
Apparently the company aren’t expecting him to pay for the parcels, but say it’s in their employment contract that the final weeks pay is held back, until they vans have been checked over for damage and the money is then paid after damages have been paid for.

Last paragraph.

An Amazon spokesmen said “Our delivery providers are expected to ensure drivers receive a minimum of £12ph before deductions excluding bonuses, incentives and fuel reimbursements”

I wonder how often Amazon check their van operators are paying the correct money?

Cheeky ■■■■■■
I know a lad who started for them before Xmas 2016.They sort you a van and you pay for the priveledge.He took his to a garage and they wanted 7ton to make it roadworthy.