Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Hi Buzzer them there shallots have caused me to beak cover for a quick post,i enjoying reading all the posts on all topics ,
I would have but money on “SNAPPER” RETURNING i was exactly the same, here today ,gone tomorrow ,however if it makes him feel right its right for him …certainly a asset, all though i have never met him or any of you ,from where he just come from ,speaks for its self, good luck this time Andrew.

i bet the pieces of pie never got shared fairly?..dbp

DBP wondered when you would creep out of the wood pile but nice to see you are still drawing breath, Andrew has a long way to go before he can claim the most times returned as there are a couple in front of him on that score. As for the shallots I like em much better than onions and they stay crisp, only talking to the chap I get straw from and he is just on the last givings of a half gallon jar he had in February and says they are still crunch, they was a good batch this year with only four or five chuckers in the whole batch, usually French sourced which grates me to say but hey ho. Keep on popping in PDB as we will get travel pics for sure now “snapper” has returned, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Dean that was in the late 70’s had two of those F88 240’s and that shot was taken at my dad’s farm where I was born, was my first operating centre and we had a diesel tank there just me and one driver back then. Them first 88’s had little tanks on so we always got top tanks made which held more than the main truck one which I think IIRC was 66 gallons. the two trucks were nick named The Incredible Hulk & Yanky Doodle Dandy, remember coming out of Italy over Mt Cenis with gas oily spewing out the lid of the top tank just slowed signalling T2 bung out 40 ■■■■ and gel on over the steps stop at the top in the cool out of the mozzies for a kip, Mary Hopkins moments them, God that fuel was cheap back then.
Any ways now “Snapper” Morison is back you should all get more truck pictures of his travels to appease the wanting fans.

kerbut nice to see we have a Davies spotter club going, cheers for that, Buzzer.

Great motors “Buzzer” unlike all this modern crap with too much electrics,poxy sensors and auto boxes ! :imp:

A few interior shots to bring it all back !! :laughing:

Thanks for the kind words all
Started a day early & Horry washing my trl before I shipped out can’t go out dirty especially on your first trip lol(his words) long may that continue (my words lol)
Anyway off to Portugal we went not bad for a first trip & the sun still shines on the righteous lol

Delivery in Portugal anyone?

Underneath Faro airport

Handball shop deliveries so all the expats can have good ol British bangers still won’t be as good as J D’s

Good to see some pics of the truck fleet out and about again.

Frome market today with three big consignments of 6 to 8 month old calves made stupid money the one’s in the picture £840 even heifers knocking on the door of £800 far too dear for my pocket so home empty handed once again, try again next week, Buzzer.

Good to see you back in a blue and white motor Snapper, looking forward to pics of your far flung travels…

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:
Good to see you back in a blue and white motor Snapper, looking forward to pics of your far flung travels…

Cheers Wrighty.

Thanks Wrighty I will,your new job looks interesting good bit of variety too!!
Cheers Andrew

Buzzer:
Frome market today with three big consignments of 6 to 8 month old calves made stupid money the one’s in the picture £840 even heifers knocking on the door of £800 far too dear for my pocket so home empty handed once again, try again next week, Buzzer.

Now come on Buzzer give us a clue, what is your top limit on this cattle buying spree you keep embarking upon and then maybe we could get a bit of “crowd funding” going for you !! Cheers Dennis.

Dennis its not like transport you know when you give a quote and its a yes or no to get the job, I always think it would be better if cattle were sold in a Dutch auction where the first man to press the button gets the lot. Good Cattle always makes the money ask Wrighty, an old fella I knew who sadly is no longer with us used to say “you cant make rats out of mice” so buy the best and leave the rest. Me I would rather buy them private of the farm that way you walk round look at the stock then haggle, this is where you would come in handy as I bet you were good at that because at the end of the day your the man with the Wonga, let your eyes be the guide and the money the last thing you part with and all that.
Got a bunch of ten more private a bit later and another of eight. At the moment I have neither truck or trailer to transport any from market so have to use third party’s for transport which aint so easy, if I had a trailer it is far easier to buy one’s and two’s rather than when say a bunch of ten are in the ring, every one wants a nice even batch so not so easy to get these. Nice of you to offer financial assistance in my effort to secure some stock any monies will be greatly received and a pack of my famous sausages would wing there way North.
Just give me the nod if you want to join in, Buzzer.

Morning Buzzer

They look a real bunch stood there eating nowt better than watching cattle tucking into their grub, and like you say good’ens allus mek good money and it’s not really worth bothering wit poorer quality stock. As we say up ere “you can mek a good un better but you can’t mek a bad un into a good en”.
Off now to get the horned tup lambs in to see if we can whittle them down in number, the best will be kept to sell this time next year but if they are not of good enough quality they will go as fat.
The rest of the day will be spent dressing our tup shearings ready for sale later this week, then a nice roast dinner to finish the weekend off before we’re back to it on Monday.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20171005_001.jpg

Had this little old quad for a while now with the intention of using it to carry a bit of cake down to the cattle but cant believe how hard it is proving to get it Ag registered but today I finally got some light at the end of the tunnel. Got in touch with Yamaha UK and a very helpful woman has given me hope, I had to send a picture of the machine and of the chassis number and pay fourty qwid to get a letter to prove the year of manufacture and that the full import tax was paid on entry to the country. Just cant let some little busy body in Swansea stopping me in my quest to get it legally on the road, we shall see if it works second time of trying.
Off to Frome again tomorrow as they have a suckler sale and a lot of the calves will be sold of separately so hoping to bag a few, cheers Buzzer.

Andrew Morrison:
Handball shop deliveries so all the expats can have good ol British bangers still won’t be as good as J D’s10

Lost the fly swatter Snapper? Back on home turf eh?

short walk:

Andrew Morrison:
Handball shop deliveries so all the expats can have good ol British bangers still won’t be as good as J D’s

Lost the fly swatter Snapper? Back on home turf eh?

Hi short walk yes back on home soil again & still got fly swatter just not on show,yet lol
IMG_0623.JPG
IMG_0641.JPG a couple on way back Spain last week notice all the traffic again lol
Cheers Andrew

Waiting for the ferry in Caen with a couple of local ish boys lol

Good ol London too tight to back in yard just park there drive no problem we’re have ya done in no time & they did lol
IMG_0647.JPG

Funny where we find ourselves sometimes lol
IMG_0649.JPG