Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Evening Buzzer

Back home for a weekend of rest and recuperation… I wish, but after a busy week it’s nice to get home and spend some quality time with Alice.
As usual it’s raining and still there is no sign of any hay weather, at this rate we will not get any hay this year and will have to make it into silage which is not ideal for feeding our horned gimmers through winter.

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty you must have special routes when carrying gear that high, anyways spent all day Thursday topping the rented council ground to tidy it up a bit ready for winter, them dam brambles keep coming back and I am not allowed to spray them, they also have been allowed to encroach the edges of the fields so I had a good go at beating them back into submission, suppose if I keep doing it they may give up but all in all was well impressed with me new topper. Off to market Tuesday as some more steers from the same farm that some I already have going for sale so interested to see what they make as they were good things, cheers Buzzer.

Photo0819.jpg

Photo0821.jpg

Morning Buzzer

Looks like a tidy job your new topper makes, it’s pity you can’t spray them and get rid of them for good. But as usual it’s someone in an office miles away making up the daft rules, who don’t have to live with em and deal with em.
Busy weekend up ere getting some 2nd cut while the sun shines, been a while since we’ve had two dry days never mind sunny ones…
Those grain dryers are awkward things to carry and yes it was only a motorway route up to carlisle, although I did trim a few trees on the last few miles to the farm…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170812_004.jpg

WP_20170812_006.jpg

Wrighty think you may be rolling that up for silage mate, having sat through most of boring country file mainly to see the week’s weather forecast, it went on the blink not to be recovered and no replay either but the beginning said there was rain on the way from Balders in Ireland, having said that we have had a splendid day of sunshine here and it has been really warm almost like summer, Buzzer.

Good morning all
Tipping alongside Mr Bar this morning in Newcastle
IMG_9674.JPG
IMG_9676.JPG

Afternoon all…

Nice to see some shots of DIT looking good… And Pulleyns … Thanks Andrew.
Is Silly Keith still on there■■?

Sadly, John and Wrighty , I can’t send any good weather.
August has been awful… Torrential rain I’m afraid.

On a different note…
A lot of news today about the old Pirate radio stations…, Caroline , London etc.
Who remembers them? Pre Internet and iPhone… Johnny Walker et al…

Charlie one. Got your wave! Thanks hope you and Rose are well.

On an agricultural note…
Was the old birds Birthday so got her a John Deere… Saves her a lot of work with the push mower…
Note the furry slippers. Proper Class that one :open_mouth:

Funny, I had that mower shipped from Oz…

Baldrick1953:
Funny, I had that mower shipped from Oz…

Gave it the JD flip .

Baldrick1953:
Afternoon all…

Nice to see some shots of DIT looking good… And Pulleyns … Thanks Andrew.
Is Silly Keith still on there■■?

Sadly, John and Wrighty , I can’t send any good weather.
August has been awful… Torrential rain I’m afraid.

On a different note…
A lot of news today about the old Pirate radio stations…, Caroline , London etc.
Who remembers them? Pre Internet and iPhone… Johnny Walker et al…

Charlie one. Got your wave! Thanks hope you and Rose are well.

On an agricultural note…
Was the old birds Birthday so got her a John Deere… Saves her a lot of work with the push mower…
Note the furry slippers. Proper Class that one :open_mouth:

Only silly Keith I know is mappo not Tony his brother Keith reckons he’s the original mappo even though he’s younger■■?

Balders my man. How’s it hanging? Yes thanks. Rose and myself are well.

She is in remission for the first time in nine years. Happy days.

Is it ok for Mappo and myself to have a few drinks and send the bill to

you? It would mean so much to us old pensioners. Many thanks in advance .

Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:

Charlie I wish you would stop pleading poverty & now you are trying to implicate Mappo as well, we all know you got a stash acquired by dodgy dealings with R&A’s DKV card. By the way old Balders only went to Ireland to become a forward weather man and he is not doing too well at it either just ask poor old Wrighty.

Andrew the silly Keith they are referring too drove the blue & whites before your time, never seen him angry ever not even when ■■■■■■■

Balders I don’t know how you can call your missus the old bird she looks like she could give you a year or three, me & Wrighty have written to the weather center telling them that you are failing in your duties, not so much for me as I don’t mind a bit of rain as it keeps the grass growing so if you can, like it always said on my school report could do better and must try harder so see to it will you, Buzzer.

h_58.jpg

Thanks for the pic Robert, looked good even though we ran it in the 90’s all over Europe and in a private collection now I believe. Today went to Salisbury market and it took us one and a half hours to get there then we found out an old chap had stepped out in front of a cattle truck on its way to unload but we deviated but it should normally only take 45 minuets. anyways the day got worse as the cattle I was interested in were not forward so became less interested after that but we watched 25 beef bred weaned calves sold and only 2 to 4 months old and out of the New Forest not renown for big cattle reference the poor grazing. Absolutely astounded what they made under the hammer and a lot went straight up the road to Penrith if they survive the journey. Then on to the bigger store starting with some very well fleshed Sussex cows & calves and there red Angus Bull and outfits regular making £1250’s but stonking calves and been back to bull, they also had ten 10 steers at 15 mo and I was tempted as they were cracking things.
Road still blocked we deviated to the A303 past Stone Henge and down the A34 home, a bit longer route but we had no stop starting at all but disappointed to come home emty handed yet again and here ends todays farming report.

Hi Buzzer,
is one of your Scania toplines forsale at EM Rogers looked a livery just like Davies fleet LHD 6x2 looked very tidy, cheers Alan.

One for Buzzer ! me driving a pair of nice 'osses from the IOM on a side road south of Kendal. And the second shot is of a Victorian Park Phaeton I owned for a while and this was a shot taken at Appleby decked out to take Diane Slack to her wedding in the Town , Diane drove our pacers for a while so it was a pleasure to “do the honours” for her wedding, far better than riding in Micky Wilcox’s RR which did the “distance mileage”. Our then retired Pacer My Birthday pulled the Phaeton and it created quite a stir in the Harness racing mad Town of Appleby as he “paced” in the shafts especially past the crowds lining the route, he would just be waiting for me to give the “get go” !! Cheers Dennis.

noddy360:
Hi Buzzer,
is one of your Scania toplines forsale at EM Rogers looked a livery just like Davies fleet LHD 6x2 looked very tidy, cheers Alan.

Yes Noddy 360 it is one of ours and all our second hand trucks lately have gone to him, he does not even come and look them over as he knows just what he is going to turn up. He is a very straight business man and dealing with him you get exactly what’s on the tin, Buzzer.

Buzzer:

charlie one:

Charlie I wish you would stop pleading poverty & now you are trying to implicate Mappo as well, we all know you got a stash acquired by dodgy dealings with R&A’s DKV card. By the way old Balders only went to Ireland to become a forward weather man and he is not doing too well at it either just ask poor old Wrighty.

Andrew the silly Keith they are referring too drove the blue & whites before your time, never seen him angry ever not even when ■■■■■■■

Balders I don’t know how you can call your missus the old bird she looks like she could give you a year or three, me & Wrighty have written to the weather center telling them that you are failing in your duties, not so much for me as I don’t mind a bit of rain as it keeps the grass growing so if you can, like it always said on my school report could do better and must try harder so see to it will you, Buzzer…

Reply From Balders…
A proper " Spesh " old Keith …

Will try and do better with the weather…
My old Headmaster always said " your best is always good enough… Anything less and you’ve failed "
A handy one with the cane though as I recall…

My Dear Charlie… I have a certain sympathy as I will be an official pensioner this year…

By all means take Mappo out, buy him and yourself a slap up meal at Weatherspoons , Guildhall Walk… Plus … ( I don’t mean anything by that Charlie , just a turn of phrase…) :laughing:
A coke for Tone and a Stones Ginger Wine for yourself… The final bill shouldn’t be more than 25 quid and Dennis from Oop North has said he’ll pay it… ( full medical team on standby )…

By the way are you still doing the odd Saturday night turn at the Alton Social Club? " Charlie , and a Bridge too Far… " ■■ Tickets Available??

:laughing:… Cheers… baldrick

Buzzer:

noddy360:
Hi Buzzer,

Yes Noddy 360 it is one of ours and all our second hand trucks lately have gone to him, he does not even come and look them over as he knows just what he is going to turn up. He is a very straight business man and dealing with him you get exactly what’s on the tin, Buzzer.

Hi Buzzer, cheers for your reply, & info thanks Alan.

Evening Buzzer

A couple of photos from the weeks adventures so far…parked up near Wigtown tonight.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170817_005.jpg

WP_20170816_003.jpg

Wrighty you never told us if you made your hay or weather you wrapped it up as haylage, suspect Alice had to deal with that as you are so busy on the truck. My merc goes for test next Wednesday so hoping for no problems there, cheers Buzzer.