Cyclist

chester:
Would you like to hear my findings?

Not even in the slightest.

nomiS36:

the maoster:
I quite like the idea of Karma; a cyclist runs a red light and gets killed under a lorry I don’t care, a drunk driver hits a tree head on and dies I don’t care, a burglar is stabbed to death by a homeowner, again I don’t care. But the idea of deliberately attempting to harm somebody who has done me no harm and represents no threat to me is abhorrent tbh. I can’t quite grasp the mentality.

Good post, pretty much sums up my thoughts on this.

Mine too.

TheUncaringCowboy:
I saw this the other day and couldn’t remember laughing so hard at a video before.

Oh, go on then, I’ll watch it again.

Lets hope that he can still support his family after such assault … I hope that the perpetrators are caught and do their porridge …

Don’t come on here too much nowadays but as a driver and a cyclist I felt compelled to comment on this particular issue. I decided to buy a bike in my early forties mainly to shift some bodyweight and to get fitter but it truly saddens me some of the comments from so called “professionals” on this forum regarding the actions of these mindless morons that perpetrate these acts. Its even worse when others actually think its funny and take pleasure out of seeing these actions perpetrated against innocent people. Some have openly stated their contempt for cyclists not just in this thread but others too, with sweeping generalizations and instead of calling out for what they are, are in fact condoning and not exactly discouraging these kinds of acts. I wonder if these “professionals” ever rode a bike or if any of their immediate or extended family do? Did they find the incident in London several months ago, involving a pedestrian who was pushed onto the rode by a jogger narrowly avoiding being run over by a bus funny? There’s no doubt the actions of some cyclists, a minority, bring rightful condemnation and scorn by other road users and the public at large, but these kinds of incidents are tantamount to attempted murder or at the least GBH where the perpetrators should be severely dealt with by the law.

i think its relevant to point out that theres more than 1 type of cyclist.
theres miss marples,and blokes going to and from work which to me are just part of the everyday irritation.
then theres the new generation of lycra clad,oiled up vegetarian whale kissing tree hugging attitude brigade with helmet cams and the outlook that they should rule supreme disregarding the highway code and pedantically referring to it as and when it suits them with the outlook that every other road user should be aware of them and give them their prioritised wide berth.
the similar horse riding mob have a somewhat similar attitude of self importance.
for that brigade,then i have nothing but utter contempt and love seeing them come to grief on youtube ad the likes. :slight_smile:

hipsway:
Don’t come on here too much nowadays but as a driver and a cyclist I felt compelled to comment on this particular issue. I decided to buy a bike in my early forties mainly to shift some bodyweight and to get fitter but it truly saddens me some of the comments from so called “professionals” on this forum regarding the actions of these mindless morons that perpetrate these acts. Its even worse when others actually think its funny and take pleasure out of seeing these actions perpetrated against innocent people. Some have openly stated their contempt for cyclists not just in this thread but others too, with sweeping generalizations and instead of calling out for what they are, are in fact condoning and not exactly discouraging these kinds of acts. I wonder if these “professionals” ever rode a bike or if any of their immediate or extended family do? Did they find the incident in London several months ago, involving a pedestrian who was pushed onto the rode by a jogger narrowly avoiding being run over by a bus funny? There’s no doubt the actions of some cyclists, a minority, bring rightful condemnation and scorn by other road users and the public at large, but these kinds of incidents are tantamount to attempted murder or at the least GBH where the perpetrators should be severely dealt with by the law.

You say minority, I say its a majority.

I say majority because out of all the ones I see, the majority of them are pricks.

The two previous posters clearly and quite blatantly bring this profession into disrepute with their attitudes, I do hopefully pray they are among a tiny minority.

it is what it is.
some see them as complete pricks,whereas others are quite happy to sit crawling along behind them for miles when there out and about 2 abreast ignoring cycle lanes and doing their best to create rolling roadblocks.
personally the only positive thing about them is the number of youtube videos showing them being the fannys that they tend to be and coming to grief.
however,its a forum for opinions and views,so,each to their own… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
it is what it is.
some see them as complete pricks,whereas others are quite happy to sit crawling along behind them for miles when there out and about 2 abreast ignoring cycle lanes and doing their best to create rolling roadblocks.
personally the only positive thing about them is the number of youtube videos showing them being the fannys that they tend to be and coming to grief.
however,its a forum for opinions and views,so,each to their own… :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY

Never gets old. 1:18 in particular. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: