Cumbria companies

Unusual to have a pusher axle

ERF-NGC-European:

Same unit coupled to the low loader on a “Lets get rid of some ERF 's day” !

Bewick:

ERF-NGC-European:

Same unit coupled to the low loader on a “Lets get rid of some ERF 's day” !

:laughing: :laughing:

Back to Scania

hodgeturbo:
0Back to Scania

Is thoo ■■■■■■ or wat Hodge :blush: Ah’d let Wife post thy shots if thoo can’t han’el new tech eh ! Bloods gone to mee heed trying to sken this new motor eh ! So come on have you screwed Ken’s Lads doon till’t last penny thoo tight wad eh ! Ken was allus decent wid me ( Colin wasn’t so keen !) I say live and let live but West ■■■■■■■■■■ Marras hev a different outlook on life ----- skin a flea for it’s hide eh ! Anyways Paul hope your keeping busy ----you must be if your buying new Scanias eh ! Regards Dennis. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
0Back to Scania

Is thoo ■■■■■■ or wat Hodge :blush: Ah’d let Wife post thy shots if thoo can’t han’el new tech eh ! Bloods gone to mee heed trying to sken this new motor eh ! So come on have you screwed Ken’s Lads doon till’t last penny thoo tight wad eh ! Ken was allus decent wid me ( Colin wasn’t so keen !) I say live and let live but West ■■■■■■■■■■ Marras hev a different outlook on life ----- skin a flea for it’s hide eh ! Anyways Paul hope your keeping busy ----you must be if your buying new Scanias eh ! Regards Dennis. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Dennis Works not bad at the moment Carlisle bypass has started so it’s going to get busier Cheers Hodge

6 months since anything on this thread :open_mouth:
Bump.

youtu.be/6GW_oVWxlHI?si=Dl-Gvc2XoyTgbZP5

Maybe the main cause of the demise of the ■■■■■■■■ thread RR is that most if not all of the many colourful Characters that populated the ■■■■■■■■ haulage world are now in the Big Cafe in the sky although one or two could be “down below” stood by the fire :wink: So sadly there is only Hodge and me left and Hodge now has his own site on Tik Tok eh " The daily problems of a Tar Tipper Driver" :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :wink: Cheers Bewick

Bewick:
Maybe the main cause of the demise of the ■■■■■■■■ thread RR is that most if not all of the many colourful Characters that populated the ■■■■■■■■ haulage world are now in the Big Cafe in the sky although one or two could be “down below” stood by the fire :wink: So sadly there is only Hodge and me left and Hodge now has his own site on Tik Tok eh " The daily problems of a Tar Tipper Driver" :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :wink: Cheers Bewick

Aye mebbys you’re right Dennis.
I ain’t on FB myself, but my Mrs is, so I sometimes view the ‘■■■■■■■■ Hauliers and Drivers site’ on there.
It seems fairly active, have yourself a look.
I think your old (or young) mate is on there as a driver now, who’s TN username escapes me, …the young boy who was a big Stobart fan and called everybody ‘marra’ on here. :smiley:
All the best mate anyhoo.

robroy:

Bewick:

I ain’t on FB myself, but my Mrs is, so I sometimes view the ‘■■■■■■■■ Hauliers and Drivers site’ on there.
I think your old (or young) mate is on there as a driver now, who’s TN username escapes me, …the young boy who was a big Stobart fan and called everybody ‘marra’ on here. :smiley:

. IIRC His name was ■■■■■■■■ Gill. :question:

robroy:

Bewick:

Larry recalled his name “■■■■■■■ Gill” and what that sixteen year old didn’t ken about the business you could write on the back of a stamp. :blush: He was going to kick off, when he was old enough, running half a dozen motors no O/D slog for him ! Straight to the top with his mate “Fast Eddie”. I believe when he did get a start he got a dose of reality and he swapped jobs a time or two so I’m not sure what he is up to nowadays. ! If he sees this post he might stoop to come on TN and enlighten us to what he is up to nowadays but then again he might be flipping burgers by now at Maccys in Wigton :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Larry will know :wink: All the best for 2024 cheers Dennis.

Well IIRC He got a driving job at Jenkys. :question:

Lawrence Dunbar:
Well IIRC He got a driving job at Jenkys. :question:

That would be his third job Larry because IIRC he kicked off at D A Harrisons and then got a start at Thompsons in Maryport ! Must be trying them all before he decides which one to buy out eh ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

robroy:

Bewick:

Larry recalled his name “■■■■■■■ Gill” and what that sixteen year old didn’t ken about the business you could write on the back of a stamp. :blush: He was going to kick off, when he was old enough, running half a dozen motors no O/D slog for him ! Straight to the top with his mate “Fast Eddie”. I believe when he did get a start he got a dose of reality and he swapped jobs a time or two so I’m not sure what he is up to nowadays. ! If he sees this post he might stoop to come on TN and enlighten us to what he is up to nowadays but then again he might be flipping burgers by now at Maccys in Wigton :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Larry will know :wink: All the best for 2024 cheers Dennis.

Ay up, have you seen their new wagin?

1bdfe6797dc14cc64cf940606000f0ca--irish-pictures.jpg

SEEING HOW WELL THE DEVON COMPANIES HAS GONE I WONDER IF ANY MEMBERS HAVE PHOTOS FROM THIS AREA

IE

T BRADY AND SON LTD
RAY STEEL HAULAGE
BEWICKS TRANSPORT

AND ANY OTHERS

Not as far up but close
Ernie Moores–Nether Kellet–tippers
Transmore—Carnforth–I think this was something to do with Ernie Moores.
Freddie Edmondson—Morecambe
J M Gory—Morecambe
No Photos yet but hopefully find some.

like the athersmith they where brought out buy bradys later on great start

Hi Stravaiger
Some nice pictures. My father owned that s20 foden LHH572 after robsons of Carlisle sold it on and he used for a few years then he sold it to a showman in yorkshire. I have pictures of it in our livery and also came across a picture when it was in showland. I will try to scan the pictures and post then on.

Small World :laughing:
Cheers Al