Cumbria companies

Brathy Quarry Ambleside

hodgeturbo:
Brathy Quarry Ambleside

How many different kind of motors do they run Paul? any Scanias ? Cheers Dennis.

Colin parker loaded with concrete panels at ■■■■■■■ concrete products carlisle

IMG-20160717-WA0002.jpg

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Brathy Quarry Ambleside

How many different kind of motors do they run Paul? any Scanias ? Cheers Dennis.

No Scania’s Dennis,they have DAFs MAN Hino and Renault

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Brathy Quarry Ambleside

No Scania’s Dennis,they have DAFs MAN Hino and Renault

Cheapo second raters eh! Paul :blush: :wink: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

■■■■■■■ concrete products

Ian ridley loaded with concrete barriers at ■■■■■■■ concrete products Carlisle

■■■■■■■ concrete products MAN mixer wagon which was sold on a few years ago

■■■■■■■ concrete products

Screenshot_2017-10-13-22-43-24-1.png

Handy concrete

Handy concrete

20171014_155100.jpg

There is one Carlisle based firm that I have never seen mentioned on this thread and it is Gibsons who’s main work was running coal out of West ■■■■■■■ I believe. They ran 4D’s as well as the odd 8 wheeler and their colour scheme was similar to that of Browns, red and grey. I’ve mentioned Gibsons because as a Lad living in Ireby Gibsons had a Driver living in the village, his name was Ted Hall and he came home in his 4D every evening and I also recall him having an 8 wheeler for a while, could have been an Octopus but not too sure and it wasn’t in Gibsons livery either. Anyone have any info ? Cheers Bewick.

Dennis I can remember Gibsons, their yard was at the far end of Lancaster St (where Grahams the builders merchants is now and parallel to the railway.) and yes their livery was mainly grey with red wings I think. Joe Gibson was the main man and the only lorry springing to mind was either a Comet or a Beaver flat with mouth organ style cab. I think they hauled plaster out of British Gypsum at Cocklakes sometimes.
Cheers, Leyland 600

8ee107cbc113ef950c9bda5894355298.jpg

Leyland600:
Dennis I can remember Gibsons, their yard was at the far end of Lancaster St (where Grahams the builders merchants is now and parallel to the railway.) and yes their livery was mainly grey with red wings I think. Joe Gibson was the main man and the only lorry springing to mind was either a Comet or a Beaver flat with mouth organ style cab. I think they hauled plaster out of British Gypsum at Cocklakes sometimes.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Thanks for the info Gerald, as I said all I can recall was the Gibson medium WB 4D tipper that was driven by Ted Hall who lived in Ireby and it was either m/t or loaded with coal which probably came from St. Helens colliery. Cheers Dennis.

coomsey:

Can I help you “coomsey”? or is there something else you would like me to add to this shot of a couple of K.Fell’s motors which was taken before I bought them out. Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

coomsey:

Can I help you “coomsey”? or is there something else you would like me to add to this shot of a couple of K.Fell’s motors which was taken before I bought them out. Cheers Dennis.

When I find summat stick em on n hope for the best, all info good Dennis

coomsey:

Bewick:

coomsey:

Sorry Coomsy I should have said check The Bewick thread and that shot of the two fell’s ERF’s is on there with an explanation. Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

coomsey:

Bewick:

coomsey:

Sorry Coomsy I should have said check The Bewick thread and that shot of the two fell’s ERF’s is on there with an explanation. Cheers Dennis.

Will do cheers Paul

On second thoughts will not do, me lifes too short to trawl through 240 pages :smiley: