Cruising speed

90 kph on the dash but going by the amount of folk I pass my 90 kph must be a bit more than everyone else’s :laughing:

truckertang:
I wonder if all these drivers saying they sit at Tesco speed are the ones that let it roll downhill so you can’t get past then back down to Tesco speed again on the flat…
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
Or the ones that are following you for miles then decide to overtake near the top of a hill…
Seeing more and more of these absolute cretins…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ooh, truckertang! Are we getting under your feet ducks?

TiredAndEmotional:

truckertang:
I wonder if all these drivers saying they sit at Tesco speed are the ones that let it roll downhill so you can’t get past then back down to Tesco speed again on the flat…
Or the ones that are following you for miles then decide to overtake near the top of a hill…

Ooh, truckertang! Are we getting under your feet ducks?

Uh dunno what that even means…

Dr Damon:
Before limiters when I did a lot of night driving I would sit at 65 - 70 when the road was exceptionally quiet.Pushed a new Roadtrain up to 85 one night to see what she would do! There was more left.
These days I very rarely use cruise unless the road is very quiet but my speed as always has been predicted by other traffic and road conditions.
How many realise the 2 second rule is a MINIMUM traveling distance for cars (with an alert driver in good conditions) A rule that is generally ignored these days.
Oh and a loaded truck needs more traveling distance than a car!

One of the many things I don’t like about adaptive cruise is that even on the maximum separation setting, it’s closer than I would choose to follow. So if it fails, I’ve got to realise it’s failed then react all in less space than I would choose myself. I do use it through the M6 roadworks as the distance is about right at that speed, but I still have to step in and knock it off when it’s letting the truck close in too much to slowing traffic because instead of using the exhaust brake, or braking gently and early, it will let you run in to a certain point and then BANG drop the anchors. :unamused:

On the limiter all day, sat bolt upright hands grasping wheel at 10 to 2 position with white knuckles, nose pressed to windscreen wearing baseballl cap wrong way round, sitting up everybody’s arse waiting for a chance to teararse past them.

It’s the way forward man. :sunglasses:

And for some reason my face always goes like this when I get behind the wheel.

robroy:
On the limiter all day, sat bolt upright hands grasping wheel at 10 to 2 position with white knuckles, nose pressed to windscreen wearing baseballl cap wrong way round, sitting up everybody’s arse waiting for a chance to teararse past them.

It’s the way forward man. :sunglasses:

:laughing: except for the cap :laughing:

Depends on whether I’ve qualified for this month’s MPG bonus or not…usually its proper old codger speed at the start of the month followed by foot down flat out towards the end of the month. :laughing:

robroy:

Beaver (The back stabbing barsteward) tells me that is a vast improvement on what you look like when you are not behind the wheel. :laughing:

On the limiter all the way there and back. Tin hat on and ready for the incoming flak from the usual to the letter of the law posters but 100kph. ‘Long haul’ spec has the power house turning over at 1250rpm…

truckertang:

I love laughing at these clowns, watching them jobby themselves when they roll to 60 and then stamp on the breaks, terrified to get an overspend as I doodle past at a gentle 75.

Note to cretins, trying to hold out motors with a proper limiter means you will be made to look silly.

A.

123smith:

robroy:

Beaver (The back stabbing barsteward) tells me that is a vast improvement on what you look like when you are not behind the wheel. :laughing:

Beaver’s looks are so dubious that he only appears in public with shinkwrap wrapped around his swede,… so he should keep his gob shut. :smiley:

Is that really you Rob? Only you said you were 8 stone wet through…you look more of a chunker than that mate… :stuck_out_tongue:

slowlane:

Dr Damon:
Before limiters when I did a lot of night driving I would sit at 65 - 70 when the road was exceptionally quiet.Pushed a new Roadtrain up to 85 one night to see what she would do! There was more left.
These days I very rarely use cruise unless the road is very quiet but my speed as always has been predicted by other traffic and road conditions.
How many realise the 2 second rule is a MINIMUM traveling distance for cars (with an alert driver in good conditions) A rule that is generally ignored these days.

One of the many things I don’t like about adaptive cruise is that even on the maximum separation setting, it’s closer than I would choose to follow. So if it fails, I’ve got to realise it’s failed then react all in less space than I would choose myself. I do use it through the M6 roadworks as the distance is about right at that speed, but I still have to step in and knock it off when it’s letting the truck close in too much to slowing traffic because instead of using the exhaust brake, or braking gently and early, it will let you run in to a certain point and then BANG drop the anchors. :unamused:

Good post.
Ive used ACC and found it wanting. Discounting any failure, it relies (on my vehicle, as on yours) on service brakes when too close to the vehicle in front. It doesnt simply back off the gas when approaching the chosen separation distance, it gets too close then uses the service brakes. Another great idea . . . .that simply doesnt work as it could and should. And that doesnt apply only on maximum separations, so the gear is capable of “seeing” the preceding vehicle.

robroy:

123smith:

robroy:

Beaver’s looks are so dubious that he only appears in public with shinkwrap wrapped around his swede,… so he should keep his gob shut. :smiley:

That explains the national shrinkwrap shortage then he must use 10 rolls at a time to wrap a head that big :laughing:

AndrewG:
On the limiter all the way there and back. Tin hat on and ready for the incoming flak from the usual to the letter of the law posters but 100kph. ‘Long haul’ spec has the power house turning over at 1250rpm…

Nevermind a lorry doing a hundred on the flat sticks out like a sore thumb anywhere in Europe, the facility that did the calibration will shortly only be calibrating the ox pulling the wooden cart that Pablo Esteban uses to collect cow dung from the fields.

Also the first bus with Gendarmerie written on it will be glad to relieve you of at least €4000 when it compares the CMR to the distance driven, looking at a 10% discrepancy.

But hey, keep her lit! You are surely missed in the Euro forum though, with your expertise on Iberia and all. :laughing:

Franglais:

slowlane:

Dr Damon:

Good post.
Ive used ACC and found it wanting. Discounting any failure, it relies (on my vehicle, as on yours) on service brakes when too close to the vehicle in front. It doesnt simply back off the gas when approaching the chosen separation distance, it gets too close then uses the service brakes. Another great idea . . . .that simply doesnt work as it could and should. And that doesnt apply only on maximum separations, so the gear is capable of “seeing” the preceding vehicle.

Food prep always goes flying if you forget the ACC is active…spuds rolling around the floor can be a right pita…

AndrewG:

Franglais:

slowlane:

Dr Damon:

Good post.

Food prep always goes flying if you forget the ACC is active…spuds rolling around the floor can be a right pita…

Quite so.
Thrown me out the bunk before now. Nearly woke me up once!

milodon:

AndrewG:

Nevermind a lorry doing a hundred on the flat sticks out like a sore thumb anywhere in Europe, the facility that did the calibration will shortly only be calibrating the ox pulling the wooden cart that Pablo Esteban uses to collect cow dung from the fields.

Also the first bus with Gendarmerie written on it will be glad to relieve you of at least €4000 when it compares the CMR to the distance driven, looking at a 10% discrepancy.

But hey, keep her lit! You are surely missed in the Euro forum though, with your expertise on Iberia and all. :laughing:

Im overtaken by all and sundry so no, 100kph hardly sticks out like a sore thumb, you have to remember, its only 10kph or a paltry 6mph over. Tarrants with their R560’s have them at 110kph.The Gendarmerie really have better things to do. As for the ‘facility’ that did the calibration…keep up at the back :grimacing:
And yes…i will keep it lit…4K eur…pah…its change… :stuck_out_tongue:

Your research is way off - even at 94 you’d be overtaking everybody all the bloody time. Here’s your “paltry 10 klicks”, 80 vs 90: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWPa1hzESiU

Noone in their right mind would let their trucks run at 110, even the coaches don’t. If you’d have a clue about actually running a lorry, you’d know about the increase in drag, therefore decreasing the fuel mileage like it’s going off a cliff. No diff ratio is going to matter running at 110. Or at a 100 for that matter.

Here’s your often mentioned Tarrant 560, going at it, don’t think 110 is the right number. Or 100 for that matter. The Iveco is going at 92-93 prolly. With a light load and a MAN limited to 94, I was overtaken by a total of two lorries on the way from Pescara to Udine once,
the italians have a firm grasp on the real world as well. https://youtu.be/hhbIBjYlrZg?t=16m12s

The Gendarmerie would like nothing better, than to catch a Spanish truck going 10 over the limiter all the way. There would be champagne. Not for the driver though. I have seen the fines, I don’t think pulling tatty old tilts pays enough, even in lala land.

Adonis.:

truckertang:

I love laughing at these clowns, watching them jobby themselves when they roll to 60 and then stamp on the breaks, terrified to get an overspend as I doodle past at a gentle 75.

Note to cretins, trying to hold out motors with a proper limiter means you will be made to look silly.

A.

This is the title for the next topic “when rolling down hill, how fast is too fast”

Would be interesting to know the real results of roulette.

Anyone have a link to that supposed irish scania that got pulled in france a few months back doing 130kmh.

Portugese boyos, livestock/horses and every renault magnum, will get past me running light between calais and barcelona.