Collecting vehicle from workshop

I take it the rules have changed in the last 9 years then?
Usual info required for a chart, onto a-n-other sheet of paper and Bob’s your auntie. :confused:

A few kms down the road and no harm done, could have told the office in the event of being stopped (unlikely) you were taking it for repair to get back up if DVSA wanted to ring them, DVSA dont need to know what workshop it was being taken to and even if said workshop was shut you were just leaving outside and posting the keys. My place regularly moves trailers from the yard to workshop and never bothers with the tacho…

should you??.probably not in todays perfect world of ott rules and regs…
could you??..why not if its a decent co your working for.(Tosco and the like do not fall into that category)
if its some beancounting co that wants you to regimentally adhere to rules and regs when it suits them…then no.
get the boss to cover your bum with the same story and crack on…or even a txt etc…why make a drama out of nothing.

AndrewG:
A few kms down the road and no harm done, could have told the office in the event of being stopped (unlikely) you were taking it for repair to get back up if DVSA wanted to ring them, DVSA dont need to know what workshop it was being taken to and even if said workshop was shut you were just leaving outside and posting the keys. My place regularly moves trailers from the yard to workshop and never bothers with the tacho…

A few kliks down the road and maybe a kid steps out in front, or a drunk falls off the kerb, or a car pulls out of a side road? Your “few kliks no harm done” is out the window then. The odds are against it, sure, accidents are rare after all, but how can you know today aint THE day? Doesnt matter how good you are if a car drives into you, then you will have a lot of explaining to do. I think the odds of an accident are low, but the consequences are too great.

nickb67:
I take it the rules have changed in the last 9 years then?
Usual info required for a chart, onto a-n-other sheet of paper and Bob’s your auntie. :confused:

it’s like football only started in 1992! When the premier league started. :grimacing: transport only started in 2006! :unamused: when digi tachos first came out! :open_mouth: Lol. :laughing:

I would be surprised that the truck in question didn’t have any analouge tacho cards in it, since it is the operators responsibility to make sure they are available.

weeto:
I would be surprised that the truck in question didn’t have any analouge tacho cards in it, since it is the operators responsibility to make sure they are available.

Common sense would say leave a box of discs in cab. But theres always some one who takes that box home with em. Never know when they`ll need an emergency supply, after all.

I’ve done this in the past.

All i did was print of the tacho from the first vehicle, then mark the details of the truck change on the back and make manual trace showing the return to base journey. kept the print out for 28 days then handed to TM.

Franglais:

weeto:

Common sense would say leave a box of discs in cab. But theres always some one who takes that box home with em. Never know when they`ll need an emergency supply, after all.

By the looks of the cab, said box of spares had been wasted by mr regular as plenty in there but none I would of been able to use. :unamused:

Needless to say I’ve now replenished my personal supply should (in the very unlikely event) I need them again then they are there with my spare rolls :smiley:

Franglais:

AndrewG:

A few kliks down the road and maybe a kid steps out in front, or a drunk falls off the kerb, or a car pulls out of a side road? Your “few kliks no harm done” is out the window then. The odds are against it, sure, accidents are rare after all, but how can you know today aint THE day? Doesnt matter how good you are if a car drives into you, then you will have a lot of explaining to do. I think the odds of an accident are low, but the consequences are too great.

You have a good point and i realise that but ive always done it and never had a problem, im probably going to be eating my own words now… :wink:

AndrewG:

Franglais:

AndrewG:

You have a good point and i realise that but ive always done it and never had a problem, im probably going to be eating my own words now… :wink:

Sevrral years ago 3 of us dropped our trailers at a tip. Cards out. We couldn’t offload until the next day, and a drunk did step into into the road before my mate. He did stamp on the brakes and no harm done. . . But it was a wake up. I’ve never run without a card etc since. With a card you can prove you were doing a sensible speed. Without one you’re looking guilty even before anyone accuses you of doing a million miles an hour.
Chances are you’ll be fine. Chances are you’ll never win the lottery, but someone does every week.
In my book it’s risking a big loss for a little gain.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk