Class 2 Love it or hate it

Offer a young child a toy rigid.

Then offer them a toy artic. I guarantee the rigid will get chucked. Crappy oversize vans with a turning circle bigger than a container ship.

[zb]…

boltonboy:
Did however manage to squeeze through Menai Suspension Bridge with one mirror tucked in… :blush:

Should’ve stayed on the A55, takes you over the proper bridge and around to the store better. None of that fannying around with mirrors!!

boltonboy:
Clipping corners and getting the wrong gear…Can’t wait to get back in Class 1… :smiley:

Sounds like you need to go work for the coop in Nottinghamshire.

There you get the best of both worlds some days with first run in a manual artic which of course has a wrecked 4x4 box, then second run in a 26T rigid manual with overhang the size of beyonce’s ■■■■! And as EB implied, they have the turning circle of a small planet.

200 miles of cage multidrop swearing at the gearbox. Oh and they Scania so no seat bounce.

Do you want me to put your name forward as they need drivers…? :smiley:

Do you want me to put your name forward as they need drivers…?

I do get the text message from the Notts office for offers of doing work for Co-oP…J26 springs to mind.

Now that you have explained it…I may as well stick pins in my eyes… :neutral_face:

Depends what sort of class 2 work you’re doing and if it suits your home/work life style.
I have had my class 1 for 12 years but for the last 7 years been driving class 2 vehicles all with manual boxes ( hate auto boxes
not fit for purpose on a hgv ) its just seems like most new drivers can’t hack or use a manual gearbox correctly these days.

Been on class 2 multi drop for 4 years now delivering pet food. The job varies from customer to customer never been hassled about delivery times though. Just get back to he yard hopefully before 5 so they can clear off and load for next morning. Get a lot of very early starts though.

I do miss our 6 legger though as our daf cf’s are 6 speed gearbox and have very little pull on large hills. Want to do my class 1 just haven’t found the right time to do it.

Class 2 multi drop - hate it. But I have done the same sort of runs in a class 1 vehicle and that is even worse. You get sent in to businesses that are down tiny lanes with no chance of turning. Block lanes and have angry road users abusing you. So I suppose if I am doing multi drop I would prefer class 2 but overall I prefer class 1 work. Much can be said about the modern transport manager (or the computer they use) but drivers should take a look over their run and ask if they can alter it if you think its not time/ fuel efficient.