Charles Poulter/ Davis Bro's

pollystag:
My uncle john poulton worked for poulters in the late 60’s
here’s a photo suprised there are no more.

Only 5yrs late,lol.

Pollystag, so did my dad! Ask your uncle if he knows the name Rocky or Charlie? He may have even driven that exact bullnose Mercedes. My dad was short, he put blocks on the pedals of those bigger bonneted lorries. Woods2. :smiley:

Hello All, My dad worked for Poulter’s in the 60’s and I was often in the yard (off The Highway) or in the lorry with him. His name was Charlie, aka Rocky. Does anyone recall him or his daughter? :smiley:

Hello Hopey, I know you posted in 2014, maybe you’re still a member of the group? My dad might have driven this actual lorry. He worked for Charles Poulter in the 60’s and I often accompanied him on the road or in the yard. I remember it being a tiny, narrow street off The Highway. How the drivers ever managed to get artics up that lane and right turn (if I recall) into the yard I’ll never know. His name was Rocky or Charlie. Those were the days when he could bring his lorry home, he used to park up, fully laden down next to my school and it was always safe. He left strict instructions with the local kids and they took notice. I’d love to hear back if there’s anyone out there! Woods2. :smiley:

Woods2:
Pollystag, so did my dad! Ask your uncle if he knows the name Rocky or Charlie? He may have even driven that exact bullnose Mercedes. My dad was short, he put blocks on the pedals of those bigger bonneted lorries. Woods2. :smiley:

Hi,
Sorry cant ask him now as his been gone about 30yrs,ha.
I used to go with him on school hols around 1968, usually up to Fords halewood.
There was always a Poulters Merc parked near where I lived in Manor Park.
Cheers.

Pollystag, Sorry to hear about your dad, mines gone too. We lived near you, we were in Ilford, down Ilford Lane! When he brought the lorry home (with or without trailer) he would park it next to my school, near to Howards/Laporte in Uphall Rd. I don’t recall going to Halewood with my dad, it was usually local runs as i was quite young then and still had my mother. After my mum died I spent a lot more time “bunking off school” naturally wanting to be with my dad all the time. No "bereavement support " in those days, I was told off by the school for truancy! Thanks for replying. Woods.