C + e traning booked looking for advice

Then i took a shunt forward to cone b and it went the same not sure how i managed to get there in the first place i was struggle with the reverseing on the course and thjs morning i cracked it then on the test bugged it annoyed at myself now

When I started the reverse I had in mind I was going to take a shunt so I just set the trailer up in such a way that made it easy when I took a long shunt forward.
I dunno if that makes sense as it was a while ago but I know a lot of people fail due to not taking a shunt or taking a small shunt. When I took my shunt I used every inch of space available.
I could of probably done it without it but I just wanted to play it safe.

That was my plan but couldnt even see the cone i took my shunt guess it was a bad one as i took it to cone be instead of a

adam277:
When I started the reverse I had in mind I was going to take a shunt so I just set the trailer up in such a way that made it easy when I took a long shunt forward.
I dunno if that makes sense as it was a while ago but I know a lot of people fail due to not taking a shunt or taking a small shunt. When I took my shunt I used every inch of space available.
I could of probably done it without it but I just wanted to play it safe.

Yep , I took a shunt on Monday as I was coming to close to the n/s side of box , got 1 minor because but at least I passed l
P/s it did help that driving school had some tape on head board [emoji6]

Yeah the driving school had some paint so u knew when to turn and i still coukdnt get it right god knows what am doing wrong thinking of giving up on it now

Don’t give up, I know how stressful training can be but you will 100% regret it.

Its just the reverse i cnt seem to get into my head you turn the wheel right it goes left and you left it goes right the the trailer just runs away from me no matter how slow i do it i can do everything else

Try out Euro truck simulator. Principles are exactly the same.
eurotrucksimulator2.com/demo.php

What helps me is to just use your mirrors.
If you see the trailer in the left mirror steer into the left mirror to get rid of it.
If you see the trailer in the right mirror steer to the right to get it out of that mirror.
With this method all you are doing is reacting to what you see in the mirror no messing about trying to think to yourself I need to go left so I have to turn right.

I dunno if I explained it well but it does work.
An example of using this method is reversing in a straight line. All you have to do is steer into whichever mirror is currently showing a bit of the trailer.

Do you mean the back of the trailer or the front of it ?the reverseing is picking my brain i didnt think it would be this hard i trying that demo out see how i get on thanks

Dougie2016:
Do you mean the back of the trailer or the front of it ?the reverseing is picking my brain i didnt think it would be this hard i trying that demo out see how i get on thanks

What I’ve always worked with is, if you want the trailer to go left, the bottom of the steering wheel goes left, if trailer to the right, bottom of the wheel to the right. To straighten steer as normal to whichever side of the trailer is the largest in the mirror.
Been running my arctic about 2 months now and the difference in confidence after just a week out on my own was incredible. Don’t forget the back of the unit sticks out from under the trailer when your turning. Took a car door out that way last week. (The shame!!, I’m still embarrassed, blindsided the trailer perfectly but forgot about the unit)

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk

Its just hard to get ur head round it all i cant get it at all i thought if u want the trailer to go right u turn left if u want the trailer to go left u turn right i do that and still cnt seem to get it in the bay for testing

Dougie2016:

If you see the any of the trailer in the mirror you steer into that mirror to get it out of the mirror which puts it into the other mirror.
This method is best shown then explained on forums. Although easy to replicate on Eu truck sim

Ahh i get you know if i see the trailer back end in the mirror turn the steering wheel towards that way to strighting back up

Passed my class one today

Well done :smiley:

Dougie2016:
Passed my class one today

Congratulations! All the best for the future. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks i think i need to get some practice doing reverseing before i look for a job