British road Services

oxford

TAG171 "JOCKS " roadtrain .

Oxfords Diamond T ,driven by the late Tex Cobles .

D88HFB , new to Ivor Parry ,on the Much hole trunk on Edmunds Walker contract on nights .

Johny Wallkers birthday .

oxford.

Oxfords rental fl , at Fleetwood , just collected a trailer as ivor was short back for the trunk .

traffic office being built .

JAKEY:
D88HFB , new to Ivor Parry ,on the Much hole trunk on Edmunds Walker contract on nights .

Hi Jakey,

Nice to see your pics of Oxford trucks and depot , although since my time (1950/55) i have fond memories of Oxford ,BRS was the best haulage company that i ever worked for --those were the days!–toshboy

Thank you Toshboy , did you know jim cooper on Brs oxford ?

JAKEY:
Thank you Toshboy , did you know jim cooper on Brs oxford ?

Hi Jakey, no mate. i can’t place a Jim Cooper - tell me are Hoppy or Colin Gardiner still about .cant imagine they would be -time marches on !

Hello Ivor , I would of thought them too would of been gone a while now ,Colin Gardiner was the engineer was he not ? , Bernard Woodwards was a long server of 50 years and Ivor parry did 39 years .

Not read all this thread, only just found it, mainly because I never worked for BRS. Nearly did though, when I came back from Oz, probably '69, I applied at Nottingham. The manager asked me ‘how would you get from here to Manchester?’ Because I’d been away and had forgotten I said ‘Err’. Didn’t get the job. Just as well found another with a privateer the next day which I am sure was better, remembered my way to Manchester by then too. :laughing:

Going back through the thread I noticed some old Southampton hands posting and wondered if anyone knew my ‘Uncle’ George Bunce. He was only an uncle because he was my Dad’s best friend from schooldays and ran his own haulage company on the IoW. Taken over by BRS in '46, I suppose he stayed on as manager and refused to budge from what he must have seen as an easier way of life after de-nationalisation, I think he ended his working days in the job. Before that though my Dad drove for him in his holidays, no need of a licence in those days of course.

The last time I saw him was back in the '80s when we visited the island for a petanque competition and called in for breakfast on the way home.

Oxford .

E843CVO ,Bernards Woodward’s Daf from new ,later to become Terry Mcguinnes.

E842CVO , from new this was Andy Shaws motor then Phil houseman had it ,then Martin Halstead .

E845CVO , Dave mace had this one .