BRIDGE STRIKES.

if he had drove the van on he would have cleared the bridge, by reversing on he has put it higher than it needed to be…i.m.h.o… i await juddians opinion…

don’t give what anyone think, when you pickup a trailer, look at the height of it and update the marker in the cab, easy enough, yeah?

bbez:
don’t give what anyone think, when you pickup a trailer, look at the height of it and update the marker in the cab, easy enough, yeah?

You’d think that…

Wouldn’t you but, try telling that to the ex employee of a good friend of mine who flat-packed a double decker some years ago just outside Elland road footy ground. According to him, it’s the last drivers responsibilty to ensure the height is correctly displayed in the cab.

I kid you not.

bbez:

Oh dear , it’s no wonder bridges get hit , just set your cab - indicator to the height of the trailer , No you don’t just set it to the height of the trailer , I’ve got a xet tri on today that’s marked up at 13 ft 1 inch , my unit with air deflector up measures at 13 ft 5 inches ( measured with a height stick ) , I also add 3 inches on for the midlift , you should be setting your height marker to the highest point of unit / tri combination
Get your height stick out and check your unit height , every driver should know it , if I change units it’s the first thing I check ,not Surprised though as 99 % of drivers don’t have a height stick to measure anything , bloody poor , first thing I invested in when I started driving , good advice from a old hand