Brexit and the driver shortage

Franglais:

Stanley Knife:
If you’re a student you can get a free trip to London to support the march, paid by the NUS from a donation from the EU Commission.

All in the name of democracy you understand. :unamused:

Excellent.

We wouldn’t want the biggest shouts just to come from the richest, such as big business, would we?
We wouldn’t want just the old establishment to have the ability to be heard would we?

All open and above board.

I doubt a student or any other twenty-year old would give up a Saturday to go on a protest march in return for a free bus ticket. I surely wouldn’t have at that age!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

What time is the bus home? Might be sold as a free day out in London so long as you go wave a flag and walk down a street for a couple of hours.

I know plenty who would do that if so

What better day for London Bus Drivers to go on strike… .bearing in mind that Khaaan’s dad is/was a bus driver… :neutral_face: :bulb:

“How does one get to be a professional driver?” (20th Century) - Train, and get a licence.

“How does one get to be a professional driver?” (21st Century) = Ask TfL to give you a job.

TfL don’t care if you don’t hold a licence, don’t speke English, don’t know your way out of your own street of residence without a satnav, and don’t look like the rest of us physically or culturally.

Meanwhile, the media will big up any singleton “white” taxi crime committed (Whorbouys) whilst brushing under the carpet the daily occurance of women of all cultures being routinely treated with sexist contempt by drivers that are illegally employed on below minimum wage, get more tax credits as a result, and are accountable to no one - not even their own peer group. :imp:

Britain’s former top spy says Russia only dared to mount the Salisbury novichok attack because they thought the UK was ‘weak and isolated’ after voting for Brexit
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … rexit.html

Franglais:
We wouldn’t want the biggest shouts just to come from the richest, such as big business, would we?
We wouldn’t want just the old establishment to have the ability to be heard would we?

It must part of the Remain psyche that can be at ease with a foreign unelected body interfering in the politics of a nation state, deliberately undermining the social structure, in order to foist its own beliefs on a country whose people have voted to leave that unelected body. Whilst at the same time insisting that it is the right of those who disagree with the result to have a voice in the proceedings at least equal to the old establishment they fundamentally agree with whilst completely ignoring the voice and wishes of the majority who voted to leave.

hkloss1:
Britain’s former top spy says Russia only dared to mount the Salisbury novichok attack because they thought the UK was ‘weak and isolated’ after voting for Brexit

Breaking news - Establishment Remainer reveals it’s only the EU that can keep us safe. :unamused:

Stanley Knife:

hkloss1:

Breaking news - Establishment Remainer reveals it’s only the EU that can keep us safe. :unamused:

Picture the scene when all those remainer student types get their call up papers for the eastern front after May and her EU allies have kicked off WW3 to take back Crimea from Russia and make it a part of the EU.

hkloss1:
dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … rexit.html

But it would appear that despite Brexit, Britain isn’t isolated on the World stage when it comes to security issues, we are not leaving NATO, which really is what holds the security of Europe together, I doubt the USSR and Warsaw pact Countries would have found the EEC much of a deterrent during the cold war.

And surely as this situation proved, the other EU countries understand it benefits all of us to continue to cooperate with the UK on security issues, in the same way that no doubt we and they cooperate with many non-EU countries on security matters.

Actually Theresa May and her Government responded very strongly and forcefully to the Skripal attack but it was only because we were able to carry our European partners, the Americans and others, with us.
‘It was through engagement with others that we were able to push back and have a credible response to the Skripal attack.’

But Britain and more than 20 allies around the world expelled more than 100 Russian diplomats as they hit back at the Kremlin over the brazen attack.

And MI6 have been known to be economical with the truth in the past to please the government or to promote their own agenda.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/p … 07754.html

The first cracks within the British intelligence community over the Iraq war have emerged with claims that MI6 passed inadequately checked information to Downing Street to bolster allegations on weapons of mass destruction.

Officers at MI5 and military intelligence maintain that MI6 was so eager to please the Government over Iraq, and to preserve its jealously guarded access to No 10, that “short cuts” were taken.

Harry Monk:
Yes, I don’t understand it myself. Hauliers refuse to pay drivers £10 an hour, so nobody will work for them, so they end up paying £18 an hour to an agency to get bums on seats. Where is the logic in that?

£10 an hour paid to the employee costs the employer about £12.50 when you add the employer’s NI contributions and holiday pay - sick pay and compulsory pension contributions take it higher still.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Beetlejuice:
Paying agencies is a tax right off iirc :

As is employing your own workers…

Roymondo:

Beetlejuice:

It is not the same tax relief,It costs more to employ full time either way .

Beetlejuice:

Roymondo:

Beetlejuice:

Yes it is the same. Not that it’s really a write-off anyway - it’s just another allowable expense just as diesel and vehicle maintenance costs are.

Roymondo:

Beetlejuice:

Roymondo:

Beetlejuice:

Yes it is the same. Not that it’s really a write-off anyway - it’s just another allowable expense just as diesel and vehicle maintenance costs are.

Ok pal :unamused:

Carryfast:

Stanley Knife:

hkloss1:

Picture the scene when all those remainer student types get their call up papers for the eastern front after May and her EU allies have kicked off WW3 to take back Crimea from Russia and make it a part of the EU.

I often wondered "Where do these pacifist EU-sell-outs run away to - when that day comes?

The EU as a poltiical entity - needs to be brought down peacefully, before it brings us all down in a war of aggression akin to the ■■■■ Occupations in the late 1930’s.

EU-■■■■.jpg

Meanwhile, there is a rumour going about that Hilary Clinton is hiding in Blighty, and won’t return to America - unless the Democrats win the two seats they need to win to take the senate.
If they LOSE - then “Is she going to claim political asylum in Britain” I wonder?

The world-wide political shenanigans of the Left - are building up to a nice boil, ready to be ejected all over one’s proverbial mirror…
We don’t do “lancing” here. It is just a decent squeeze that is needed - to unravel their entire legacy built over this century so far… :smiling_imp:

Juddian:

chrisdalott:

Juddian:

What did you used to have the freedom to do that you’re not allowed to do today?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

We’ll never return to those times of course, and i’m not suggesting we should because that was then and now is now, i’m just thankful to have been born then, those born later won’t ever know what it was like and i’m sorry for them.

I laughed as I was reading that. I could have written it word for word - and I do mean literally. Those were the days alright.

Juddian:
‘IF’ we get a Brexit worthy of the word, (which looks increasingly unlikely so cheerio fake tory party), the difference will be we the electorate have the ability to sack those who would ruin out country.
Yes OK its ruined already to a great extent and the demongraphic (not a typo) time bomb is primed and counting down, but again ‘IF’ the electorate have the sense, and stop listening to the MSM spouting the propaganda of the likes of the CBI various bought and paid for politicians and other vested interests, then whats coming can be delayed for a few generations more.

Breath not held.

Even if we get a Brexit worth the name, it will take several years, and possibly several general elections before the necessary changes can be effected, but there is something looming which is going to throw the mother of all spanners into the works, and that is the coming downturn, which is coming whatever happens.

Our problem this time is a totally unmanageable welfare state, sizeable benefactors of which are a rapidly increasing number who will never be the nett contributors to the country’s piggy bank that those on the left asserted would be the case.
The welfare state and those it attracts by the hundreds of thousands is the great elephant in the room, and few have the guts to stand up and say what must be said let alone anyone with the power to alter things, so the elephant grows at an exponential rate.

We haven’t touched on the way these elephants have altered the very fabric of this country, something else that has massive costs which again are not to be spoken of, and not just in monetary terms.
Only history (unfortunately written and edited by those in power, the victors, at any given time) given the benefit of time will be able to see what was our best option, whether we will fare the next great recession better on our own or we should have stayed under EU (German) rule and gone down with the rest of the Euro ship, will be debated for generations to come.
That debate sadly will be quite academic, because the damage to this country which will yield what is coming is irreversible, Nu Labour Blair and his henchmen are the main culprits, but followed by a pointless demi son in the form of Vanished Cameron and another pointless EU shill in May.

As Peter Hitchens oft quotes, it’s only the obituary of the country that is now being written.

Brexit or no Brexit, this country will never revert to the once free Jerusalem i was fortunate enough to grow up in, that has gone, politicians both here and elsewhere have destroyed it (and without a shot being fired in defence) the future for our children will not be about petty things like wages due to peaceful genuine working people being imported, it will be about our children’s children survival in a country still worthy of the name.

Our problem this time is a totally unmanageable welfare state AND rapidly increasing personal debt used to counteract totally unecessary long term austerity.

Carryfast:

hkloss1:
Brexiters sleeping in the same bed with Russians?

Thats me and my missus then :wink:

YARDDOG:
Our problem this time is a totally unmanageable welfare state AND rapidly increasing personal debt used to counteract totally unecessary long term austerity.

Don’t forget the Corporate Debt nightmare which is just around the corner.

Stanley Knife:

YARDDOG:

Don’t forget the Corporate Debt nightmare which is just around the corner.

Corporate Debt just gets defaulted, when the crunch comes. The banks end up carrying the can, and they in turn try to re-coup the money by calling in other debts - such as their unsecured debts to individuals in particular.

What if the individual says “no” at this point though?

A corporation going ■■■■-up - merely puts people out of work.
A bank going ■■■■-up - merely makes getting a mortgage a whole lot harder in future.
A mass of individuals going ■■■■ up though?

That’s yet to happen.

Labour and the Left have refused to advocate “strategic defaulting” as a means of getting out of debt by the impoverished individual. Why’s that? - Because the entire mainstream - are all working for the banking system before they work for the individuals that elected them - that’s why.

Once the public wakes up that "debts need no longer be paid back, if there are no real consequences of default. You don’t go to hell any more for not paying your debts… (a moneylender’s bit of folklore there that has persisted for centuries, but no longer…)

If individuals working their zero hours contracts, barely making ends meet, and becoming professional tightwads over 40m strong - one day learned to “live without expensive credit” - then it is a case of “Quo Vadis?” for the entire banking system. In the last ten years since the credit crunch - we’ve seen banks lend a whole lot less to homeowners, and a whole lot more to people that shouldn’t be borrowing money at all. The next wave will have banks not being ABLE to lend - because there simplly won’t be any banks left.

The cash society revival? :bulb:

Seems a lot more likely to me than this notion we’ll all carry around electronic wallets which can be emptied by a passing magnet FFS:unamused:

Winseer:
Corporate Debt just gets defaulted, when the crunch comes.

Non payment of debt is like throwing a pebble into a lake, the size of the pebble determines the size of the ripples and the extent to which they travel. It’s not that debt, of any kind, can be defaulted, it’s who picks up the tab at the end of the line.

Due to the extended period of benign credit many companies have borrowed and the percentage of highly leveraged companies is greater than 2008/09. Interest rates are only going in one direction and as the payments rise the defaults will increase when the next period of broad economic stress eventually arrives. The pebbles will slowly increase in size, larger ripples will reach deeper, who pays the price?

Was it Getty that said

“If you owe the Bank everything you have - you have a problem. If you owe the Bank everything they have - they have the problem!”

Fractional Reserve Banking means that every bank you can see - is technically BUST already. Like a dead man walking - the bank doesn’t topple over, until depositors get cold feet and pull their money out.

Did Northern Rock go under because of the “Run on the Bank”? - or did it fall over because it’s entire asset and balance sheet - was worth less than the outstanding mortgages on it’s books?

Northern Rock - was just the tip of the iceberg. How many building societies are we left with now?

The systemic problem was caused by lenders telling and believing their own lies - in the form of paid-for “valuations” of people’s properties with hardly any equity in them - so that home “owners” could borrow down very cheap long term debt that put them into a permanent state of negative equity, meaning the bank stays vulnerable to a “debt walkaway” for the entire length of that borrower’s mortgage.

“Secured Lending” ain’t much good - if your house is worth less than the outstanding mortgage- and STAYS that way due to Interest Only mortgages, especially those at very low rates that discourage people from paying it down early.

That problem - has not gone away. Look to the mid-2020’s before it does, and this time around - it will be people’s pensions that get looted rather than their bank savings - to bail out the system again. :bulb:
I also predict that the so-called "£80,000 saver’s guarantee - will quietly be defaulted next time around by a government that says “Your country’s need is higher than yours right now - It’s your savings needed - or we’ll have to go cap-in-hand to the IMF who’ll demand we re-enter the EU and adopt the Euro”.

Barclarys Bank, on it’s knees during the credit crunch - chose to borrow expensively from the Saudis rather than borrow cheap “Strings attached” money from the government bail-out fund.

I don’t trust our banks nor our government to serve any members of the public at all - not even their own savers/voters.

They, like the Remainer deep-state (unaccountable civil servants run by the EU, and won’t act agains the EU) - will easily throw not 17.4m people - but 74m people under the bus in a deal that will only benefit the 1% this time around - if that. :open_mouth: