Brewery Lorries

Chinese 6 ERF with the early LV cab. Chris

Scan0001.jpg

DEANB:
Theres a few here Ray. :wink:

Click on pages twice.

Like the pic of the old Morrell’s Brewery Oxford Leyland. i used to work for Flitwick Oil/Esso out of the old Oxpens Depot (Cattle Market) in Oxford just round the corner from Morrell’s, we used to deliver fuel (can’t remember but was probably Gas Oil) to them, you used to fill the tank, then while you went off to get a signature somebody, never knew who, used to put 2 bottles of Beer on your Driver’s seat :smiley: . nice little perk that I bet very few get anywhere nowadays :unamused: . Chris

Let’s walk the dog!

S&N brewery 5.jpg

S&N brewery 2.jpg

Thornycroft - Robinson’s, Stockport - (YC1176):

Volvo FL6 - John Smith’s - (T832RCF):

Foden - Newquay Steam Brewery - (TW4207):

Foden - Joseph Dovey - (UU1283):

Marstons Brewery 6 wheeler M.A.N. delivering to the “Swan & Railway” pub in Wigan, 23/7/2018.

Marstons.jpg

Thomas Fawcett M.A.N. lorry delivering what looked like bales of hops to a Micro Brewery in Wigan.

Fawcett.jpg

Fawcetts had this beauty back in the fifties.

fodenway:
Fawcetts had this beauty back in the fifties.

I agree, This 1949, S 18 Foden looks the part, But of course Fodens were one of my fave, wagons, Regards Larry.

Part of the H & G Simonds of Reading fleet, later Courages. Pic taken in the yard of Vincents garage, the Austin dealership and coachbuilders (well known for their horseboxes etc) on station approach Reading. I remember the eight legger still running in Courages livery in the late 60’s. Pic taken from facebook.

Pete.

Proper horse power. :smiley:

Click on pages twice to read.

A Commer of Walkers Brewery, Warrington, delivering bottled beer somewhere in Liverpool.
Walkers became part of Tetleys Brewery in Leeds. Ray Smyth.

This scene is late 50s or early 60s. Walkers Brewery ERF delivering to one of their pubs
at Parkgate on the Wirral Peninsular. The land seen across the River Dee is Flint & Holywell
and Mostyn on the coast of North Wales. .Ray Smyth.

parkgate.jpg

By the heck, that’s an unusual pic. The area where the waves are breaking is now completely silted up and the water is about half a mile away. Apparently Parkgate used to be quite a busy port until the authorities decided that Mostyn, on the opposite bank, was a better proposition.

here’s a photo of a recently restored brewery lorry.

old photo of holes brewery

Matthew Brown’s Lion Brewery, Blackburn - Preston Corporation Leyland Atlantean - (URN172Y):

Tetley’s Brewery - Leeds Corporation Leyland Titan PD2 - (UUA207):

Wards of Foxearth had 30 pubs in West Suffolk and North-east Essex. Another brewery that had an excellent water supply. They stopped brewing beer to concentrate on soft drinks some time between the World Wars. The beer was then supplied through various alliances by Taylor-Walker, Ind-Coope, Watneys and Bass-Charrington. Archie McPherson was the driver of there dray for many years and also ran Ward’s off-licence in the nearby village of Bulmer Tye.

Pete.