Bobtail actros on A1m extracts £100

yorkshire terrier:

jakethesnake:

yorkshire terrier:
Must admit I don’t wear mine,
I know I should I know it’s law but I hate it and if I get caught then Iv only my self to blame,

Or if you go through the windscreen (or worse) you will only have yourself to blame. I just don’t get people like you one bit.

I understand what your saying,
In my car it’s on before I even start the engine but in my truck I can’t stand it and I know it sounds silly but I don’t feel comfortable and safe wearing it,

Yep and I understand what you are saying. I know a few that feel the same but in reality it may not feel comfortable but it’s definitely safer wearing it than not.

I think I’ve been “cured” of my bad habit.
Since being relieved of £100 I mostly remember to clunk click.
It’s only bearable by clipping the thing to stop the massive tension pressing on my collarbone.
Why truck seatbelts are like this,is a mystery to me.
I dont know that I have one on in the car.
Also, in the car, a honda, a nice voice goes on and on if i forget, in the truck a Merc, there is a bit of frantic beeping,then it’s over.
I would prefer it to go on until I stuck it on, but that’s just my preference.
I lost a lot of respect for the police on the day it happened, three cops and two vehicles seems a lot of resources to me.
I know it’s cynical, but, as i committed a crime, does this mean that they solved it?
If so, there is the actual reason.
Statistics and detection rates.
I dont disagree with compulsory wearing of seat belts btw, but this ■■■■ is off the scale.

robroy:

Winseer:
I don’t even reach to re-tune my radio - when I’ve got something coming up alongside me in my mirror. :bulb:

Seriously ? :open_mouth: :laughing:
Relax man, you’ll be fine.
Just remember to wear this with your hi viz, and then (and only then) …‘‘They can’t get to you’’ :bulb: :bulb:

youtu.be/ycQV62iNSrs
:laughing: :laughing:

What’s all this nonsense about “wearing your high viz at the wheel” is as compulsory in law as “wearing your seatbelt”?

Actually, when I’m busy keeping my hands on the steering wheel, and a tractor/combination is coming up fast…

Nine times out of ten, it’ll be a TNT or Stobart driver passing me doing 50 through the roadworks - and he’s on his bloody phone!

You’re right… I “needn’t worry” huh?

ROADRANGER:
I think I’ve been “cured” of my bad habit.
Since being relieved of £100 I mostly remember to clunk click.
It’s only bearable by clipping the thing to stop the massive tension pressing on my collarbone.
Why truck seatbelts are like this,is a mystery to me.
I dont know that I have one on in the car.
Also, in the car, a honda, a nice voice goes on and on if i forget, in the truck a Merc, there is a bit of frantic beeping,then it’s over.
I would prefer it to go on until I stuck it on, but that’s just my preference.
I lost a lot of respect for the police on the day it happened, three cops and two vehicles seems a lot of resources to me.
I know it’s cynical, but, as i committed a crime, does this mean that they solved it?
I dont disagree with compulsory wearing of seat belts btw, but this [zb] is off the scale.

“I always used to wear my seatbelt officer!”
“Well, how come you stopped then sonny?”
“It was that nasty character in the clunk click adverts. My Dad said I should disregard everything the bloke ever said, so I don’t believe that Concierto de Aranjuez ever got to number one in top of the pops during the 70’s either…”

ROADRANGER:
I dont disagree with compulsory wearing of seat belts btw, but this [zb] is off the scale.

Seat belt offences, in common with the vast majority of traffic offences, are not included in any of the Police recorded crime/detection statistics. Only the more serious ones (e.g. drink-driving) are included in the stats.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

god knows why.
But I received a letter from Durham police recently, notifying me that I am to receive a refund of my £100 fine.
I would love to know why.

ROADRANGER:
god knows why.
But I received a letter from Durham police recently, notifying me that I am to receive a refund of my £100 fine.
I would love to know why.

I’m no legal expert but if I had to take a punt as to why you’re being refunded I’d guess that someone else who was fined employed a smart lawyer who discovered some small procedural error by the police which rendered his conviction unsafe, thus all others could be deemed to be unsafe too.

No seat belt?..

Kiss any compensation claim if you’re involved in an accident, you might have had right out of the window. Your inusurers and the other parties insurers will just giggle at you.

All that money you could have had…gone.

Cash cheque. Ask no questions .
Lesson learnt? Then carry on.

muckles:

mardybum:
Received a NIP through the post, apparently a van caught me without one.

Got offered an online course for £36 instead.

Can’t say I’ve worn one in a wagon since I passed my test. If I can see a nasty accident unfolding before my eyes, where I’m going to come off worse than I’d like, I’ll be out of the door. Presumably like the gent on the M1 I went by a couple of months back…

I’m not trying preach, as far as I’m concerned you’re an adult you know it’s illegal and it’s your choice.

Just going to question the logic, if you see a nasty accident unfolding and have time to exit your truck surely you have time to react in a more positive way such as braking or steering out of trouble?
Also don’t you think it’s highly risky to leap out of a truck doing enough speed to hurt when it ploughs into another vehicle, if the leap doesn’t kill you what about the other traffic around you who are now avoiding a driverless truck and a truckless driver who has just appeared on the road? :wink:

Been watching too much Ice Road Truckers.

yourhavingalarf:
No seat belt?..

Kiss any compensation claim if you’re involved in an accident, you might have had right out of the window. Your inusurers and the other parties insurers will just giggle at you.

All that money you could have had…gone.

You can still claim compensation if you were not at fault, however insurers will consider not wearing a seatbelt “contributory negligence” in regard to any injuries so will make deductions from your pay out accordingly.

If I ended up cabbaged due to my head going into a windscreen, i’d want my family getting maximum benefit from an insurance claim personally.

I’ve been 'cured of my bad habit since this.
I will confess to clipping the belt, to stop it digging into my collarbone.
I’m puzzled as to why truck belts are like it, but there it is.
Keep calm and carry on.

There are different departments of Police for different jobs, there are obviously far too little police on our roads if someone can not wear a belt for 45 years, I don’t think anyone who was carrying out a knife crime 5 days a week for 45 years would go undetected…

And for people to come on here and moan about being caught and fined once after doing it every day for years you are lucky there ain’t much detection going on or you would be skint…

I has a non belt wearing mate who went thru the windscreen and ended up with a huge ugly scar up the middle of his forehead after a few weeks in hospital, guess what? he continued to not wear a seatbelt, he was killed in his next accident 5 years later…

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk