Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

Thanks Kempston!, few more… I’m not sure if i miss the cold Mornings and 4.00am starts or not… :slight_smile:

Good photos Shunt1986 keep them coming. Used to drive for Rogers of Bedford for about 12 months decent firm but like a prat never took any photos

Cheers Elsa lad, running out of pics, Dad has loads more and i have put in a request!
another couple of Cole’s from 90’s…

Prat of the year competition!.. a mate of mine realizing that he should have pulled the plow back to the headboard before loading approx 10 ton of gravel on the wrong side!!
I cant help but laugh everytime I see it! i wont name any names, lets just call him Mr. Angry for now and hope that he sees it posted on here!
All credit to Mr Ashwell for the pics!

A couple from Winton Haulage…

elsa Lad:
Good photos Shunt1986 keep them coming. Used to drive for Rogers of Bedford for about 12 months decent firm but like a prat never took any photos

A few pics of Rogers, nmp, always ran a very tidy fleet.

3DAEC004-183D-46E3-9685-6CDC2F6F8BE2.jpeg

72F686A6-83AC-4130-82D8-673992658865.jpeg

91CFD56C-6AD1-4A38-A05D-42E69254268D.jpeg

Old mans MAN waiting @ Woolwich Ferry…

SHUNT1986:

That brings back some memories shunt, used to love getting my sea time in on the ferry plus it usually meant I had a nice easy day.

Kempston:

SHUNT1986:

That brings back some memories shunt, used to love getting my sea time in on the ferry plus it usually meant I had a nice easy day.

Only crossing the Thames so no time for duty frees!

One of Woodcocks of Ampthill just came past on my ciggie break! - Always smart livery & nice blues

SHUNT1986:

Kempston:

SHUNT1986:

Only crossing the Thames so no time for duty frees!

One of Woodcocks of Ampthill just came past on my ciggie break! - Always smart livery & nice blues

I worked with Brian Woodcock at W.H.Allen, after redundancy he went to drive for his brother, he was seriously injured, he got out of the cab on the hard shoulder and was hit by a passing lorry.

H.E.Payne always runs tidy looking motors.

payne beds.PNG

EHullFodenS80.jpg

NMPs

A few more of Payne’s here Dean. Been around for many years too. Nmp

35D5A490-2BAF-48BF-81A6-5635648D8A7F.jpeg

3118717F-A889-4751-AD2F-E1273AF905FD.jpeg

47F69DE1-28A4-406F-B5BE-E2CC4AEC9C16.jpeg

1C1A3496-C78D-4FF5-8D6F-510CA5FBD762.jpeg

Kempston:
A few more of Payne’s here Dean. Been around for many years too. Nmp

Great looking motors Kempston ! :wink:

DEANB:

Kempston:
Probably upwards of 200 lorries in the marston vale plus subbies,here’s a photo of the ridgmont depot which has particularly fond memories for me, as a child I used to go out at every opportunity possible with my dads mate who drove there, best paying job around Bedford by a mile and great memories for me. You couldn’t go past a transport cafe anywhere around the south without there being at least half a dozen brick lorries in there.

Nice pics “Kempston” I wonder what a typical days production of bricks was to keep a fleet that large going ■■

It must have been an unbelievable amount Dean, the photo you posted is the actual lorry I used to go out in with my dads mate. Here’s a few more photos (not brilliant) I took myself on a pretty crap camera. I’ll also post the AEC Mammoth Major he drove before having the Foden. That one isn’t my photo.

Some great pics in this thread- I work for a firm in Arlesey.
Nice to see some familiar places and lorries.

Me well and truly stuck in Thomas Bros ,Clophill.

Same place on an earlier occasion…believe it or not,I wasn’t actually stuck in this picture-managed to get out unaided. :sunglasses:

Thanks to Kempston for the HEP motors, I have a Theory about them too…
Although they do not have the largest fleet around i see one wherever i go! Always well turned out.

andrew.s:
Me well and truly stuck in Thomas Bros ,Clophill.

I know how you feel about going in there Andrew, luckily only went in there the once to load an 8 wheeler sloppy aint the word!!!