Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

This was being used as an advert outside and old style store in the Barossa Valley Tyneside

Stands well! nmp

coomsey:
Stands well! nmp

Was there no market for a similar chassis in the UK? I would have thought it could have been a competitive option at the time.

In Belgium, a tipper.

Primrose converted a few Bedfords into 6 wheelers, maybe Merriworth too. I have seen one 8 wheeler. But Bass used to run Chinese Six TK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dipster:

coomsey:
Stands well! nmp

Was there no market for a similar chassis in the UK? I would have thought it could have been a competitive option at the time.

According to form Dipster quite a few were converted. It was cost effective, but whether you’d want to drive one for a living is another matter altogether. :open_mouth:

s-l300-1.jpg

The A model is mounted with a meter prover, for calibration of metering equipment

5thDragoon:
The A model is mounted with a meter prover, for calibration of metering equipment

A bit unusual, a first generation A-model with the sidelights set into the front corners of the wings. Most of the pics we see are of the later type with sidelights mounted on the tops.

Just found this,

FB_IMG_1576312929409.jpg
Stands well, mind I’d sooner look at her than drive ! Nmp

Livestock transport in France.

coomsey:
Stands well, mind I’d sooner look at her than drive ! Nmp

My father owned two identical KH’s to the one in the picture-both of ours were ex Vauxhall fleet and gave very good service-22 ton gross ,14 ton payload with a 30 foot single axle trailer-got very fond memories of this lorry indeed!!

FB_IMG_1576597102060.jpg
This old gal had a 290 ■■■■■■■ with a 13sp fuller in her :unamused: nmp

coomsey:
This old gal had a 290 ■■■■■■■ with a 13sp fuller in her :unamused: nmp

I’d drive it!

FB_IMG_1577034069892.jpg
Giving it some welly !

Far away

Just saw this 60 years ago coming up nmp, Buzzer

86493585_802021210318467_4883187325162487808_n.jpg

Nmp

Here is a couple more to add to the list.