Becoming Class 1 driver

If any ZB one of my ZB 4 sociopathic kids move home, I am ZB off immediately and ZB the consequences.

SouthEastCashew:
It’s what you make it mate, do you really wanna be parked up in a lay by sweating your ■■■■■■■■ off whilst your Mrs is being shagged by someone else.

Point taken. Although at the moment we don’t see each other very often as she is in hospital and I in ambulance lol. Shift work is a ■■■■■■■■ Anyway tramping is not considered at the moment. Frankly I would be happy with nights Monday Friday etc. I did drop email to maritime. Assuming they replay will go from there.

Just out of curiosity. My CPC is running out in November. If I do not so refreshed is that means I will have to pass module 2 and 4 again ? Or just refresh “my self” ?

Learner driver…

A manager says “Go,” a leader says “Let’s Go” - John Maxwell

Yep, a refresh. Do the 35 hours and you´re good.

Plenty of people like the job, they just don’t tend to post about it, it’s always the negative that gets talked about.

albion:
Plenty of people like the job, they just don’t tend to post about it, it’s always the negative that gets talked about.

My thoughts exactly… thank you. Is just not very easy to change completely what you doing. Especially when spend in my last field over 20 years :frowning:

Learner driver…

kalim:
Just out of curiosity. My CPC is running out in November. If I do not so refreshed is that means I will have to pass module 2 and 4 again ? Or just refresh “my self” ?

You only do mods 2 and 4 tests once - after that it is all 35 hours attendance

If you let it lapse then simply do the 35 hours to get it back

ROG:

kalim:

You only do mods 2 and 4 tests once - after that it is all 35 hours attendance

If you let it lapse then simply do the 35 hours to get it back

That is great. Thank you. I have done my class 2 and CPC about 5 years ago but never got round to it. But now with class 1 it seems there is bit more possibilities.

Learner driver…

If needing 35 hours then train CE using a company that gives you some of those hours for doing it such as the forum sponsor

Better still if you can find such a training school that does 2 to 1 on CE over a full 5 day course because you can then get 28 hours of the 35 for just a little more added to the course price :bulb: :smiley:

albion:

Exactly.

I really enjoy driving. I can honestly say if I quit my PhD and got a proper job I’d really miss driving and would still try and do some shifts even though I’d have zero financial need to. However I wouldn’t start a thread saying ‘had am amazing day driving a truck today’ unless is was something out of the ordinary*.

Once you get past the beginner nerves, and then realise that everything is not your problem I find it pretty relaxing actually. I can often drive and just totally relax and think about things. I chose to do types of work that allows that - but the beauty of road haulage is there is loads if different types of work and you can find what you enjoy.

*Although I did have a fantastic day dropping and swapping bonded trailers for Sainsburys on Sunday. Really really enjoyed it. If you search supermarket work on here you wouldn’t read that though.

sammym:

albion:

Exactly.

I really enjoy driving. I can honestly say if I quit my PhD and got a proper job I’d really miss driving and would still try and do some shifts even though I’d have zero financial need to. However I wouldn’t start a thread saying ‘had am amazing day driving a truck today’ unless is was something out of the ordinary*.

Once you get past the beginner nerves, and then realise that everything is not your problem I find it pretty relaxing actually. I can often drive and just totally relax and think about things. I chose to do types of work that allows that - but the beauty of road haulage is there is loads if different types of work and you can find what you enjoy.

*Although I did have a fantastic day dropping and swapping bonded trailers for Sainsburys on Sunday. Really really enjoyed it. If you search supermarket work on here you wouldn’t read that though.

Precisely, I can look back at days when things went like clockwork, helpful people off-loading, the sun shone, birds tweeted; likewise I can remember being broken down on the M1, lashing down with rain, after I’d done heavens knows how many hours and it didn’t feel great that day!

Look at Luke Vernon’s youtube channel, switchlogic on here, you can see he still loves driving.

I can say my drivers like the job, they keep telling me they do and since I’ve got three on 20 years plus, and several others been here 15+ years, I’m pretty sure they do. Yes, you will struggle unless you are very lucky, to get a great job to start, but that’s the same the world over. After a couple of years, you’ll have a clearer idea of what shift patterns you want to do, whether tramping is good for you or not, and more of an idea of who you would like to work for. And a big part of landing a decent job is as much about how you present yourself. Someone comes to me for a job, I don’t just look at experience and driving license; someone with a chip on their shoulder, the personality of a piece of wood and 20 years driving experience is going to come second to someone articulate, smartly turned out, pleasant and two years driving experience. From your posts, you don’t come across as an idiot :wink:

albion:

sammym:
Exactly.

albion:
Precisely, I can look back at days when things went like clockwork, helpful people off-loading, the sun shone, birds tweeted; likewise I can remember being broken down on the M1, lashing down with rain, after I’d done heavens knows how many hours and it didn’t feel great that day!

Look at Luke Vernon’s youtube channel, switchlogic on here, you can see he still loves driving.

I can say my drivers like the job, they keep telling me they do and since I’ve got three on 20 years plus, and several others been here 15+ years, I’m pretty sure they do. Yes, you will struggle unless you are very lucky, to get a great job to start, but that’s the same the world over. After a couple of years, you’ll have a clearer idea of what shift patterns you want to do, whether tramping is good for you or not, and more of an idea of who you would like to work for. And a big part of landing a decent job is as much about how you present yourself. Someone comes to me for a job, I don’t just look at experience and driving license; someone with a chip on their shoulder, the personality of a piece of wood and 20 years driving experience is going to come second to someone articulate, smartly turned out, pleasant and two years driving experience. From your posts, you don’t come across as an idiot :wink:

Thank you for kind words. I do understand that especially on the beginning I will have to swallow a lot and probably put up with geniuses I normally will try to avoid. To be honest in my personal experience every company (regardless of profile) will have prons and cons. I currently work for ambulance service and to be honest you will be surprised how much “pre school” behaviour is present in people who “do safe lives”, it in my case unfortunately I was attack one time to much and I think I decided I will not risk life ever again for someone who does not want to be saved. That is why I am thinking to have class 1 job were I will be on my own without people begging me to take them to hospital because they need excuse not to go to work lol

Learner driver…

The reason they’re unhappy is mainly down to the fact it’s low paid, unskilled labour. It just takes some of us more time to realise it.

You may feel you’ve achieved a lot by passing your class1 but believe me, these licences are two a penny. For instance, in the 1970’s they were given away to anyone who wanted them and are now being purchased in Europe for peanuts.

Honestscott76:
The reason they’re unhappy is mainly down to the fact it’s low paid, unskilled labour. It just takes some of us more time to realise it.

You may feel you’ve achieved a lot by passing your class1 but believe me, these licences are two a penny. For instance, in the 1970’s they were given away to anyone who wanted them and are now being purchased in Europe for peanuts.

To be honest I am to young to remember give away of HGV licenses. Done my car licence only in 99. (Probably to open can of warms about CE) I can assure you as I am what you call foreign (Polish) I do not believe I would be able to buy license in Poland as all the test vehicles are fitted with cameras in all angles etc. It is not like here that you go with vehicle you are training on. Test centres they have there own vehicles which are utilised for tests. And there is unfortunately bit more unfortunately on reversing area than just reversing.

As an example (obviously only if you interested)

youtu.be/0Yf7irKcXEg

Learner driver…

kalim:
As an example (obviously only if you interested)

youtu.be/0Yf7irKcXEg

Learner driver…

If that’s still the Polish test CE reversing then looks much better than basic UK one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:
If that’s still the Polish test CE reversing then looks much better than basic UK one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you have 4 manoeuvres in reversing area. Driving on bend forward and backwards. Then reverse parking in angled parking space. Then parking forward and reversing from parking space. Also hill start is done in Poland on reversing area as Poland does not have to many hilly roads especially in towns. After that you go to drive into town. There is no such things as stoping on the side of the road etc as this is on Highway Code were and when to stop, as in Poland Highway Code is A law and not is just advisory. When back, decouple. And hope for the best result:)

Hope that this make sense:)

Learner driver…