Badge Snobbery

robroy:

paulypaul:

TiredAndEmotional:
There’s more than a few who sacrifice the money to have some gaffers bling under their arris…

And by the way…leave my half closed curtains alone, they all go with my ‘‘Mysterious trucker’’ persona, and I look real cool peeking round them in my shades. :sunglasses:
:wink: :laughing:

You never worked for Ronnie Woods did you■■? the Scania crew who all ran with their curtains half drawn to muffle the sound of the twin eminox :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

halewood:
Always been a fan of the vulvas meself

Boom tish :smiley:

paulypaul:

robroy:

paulypaul:

TiredAndEmotional:
There’s more than a few who sacrifice the money to have some gaffers bling under their arris…

And by the way…leave my half closed curtains alone, they all go with my ‘‘Mysterious trucker’’ persona, and I look real cool peeking round them in my shades. :sunglasses:

You never worked for Ronnie Woods did you■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No I was never in The Stones… or The Faces mate. :smiley:

robroy:

paulypaul:

robroy:

paulypaul:

You never worked for Ronnie Woods did you■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

No I was never stoned in The Faces mate. :smiley:

ftfy :wink:

I once had a trip out in my bosses pride and joy, because my regular lorry in the workshop after an unfortunate incident that resulted in a total rewire. The F12 was ok but I couldn’t wait to get the Eurotech back.

i’m agency i drive all makes good or bad some brand new some 15 years old all much the same really

A lot of drivers I notice slate Ivecos.
I think they are a good looking truck, and I would have one,.given the opportunity, over my Merc (well tbh anything over my Merc :smiley: )
They seem to cater for the driver with little touches like the chair and table conversion in the bunk area for example, ideal for being weekended or whatever (not that I am anymore)

The last experience.I had on one was the Eurostar, on demo, in the late 90s, which was not a bad truck imo,.and a good cab to live in. Even the Eurotech was not too bad that I had for a fortnight.

Before that I had a 190.30 in the 80s (which I owned) with very few problems, (apart from a few electrics) and a Turbostar, which was wayyy ahead of anything else in the late 80s, elec mirrors, elec blinds etc etc.
I reckon that it’s a classic case of the o/p’s point…Badge snobbery.

robroy:
A lot of drivers I notice slate Ivecos.
I think they are a good looking truck, and I would have one,.given the opportunity, over my Merc (well tbh anything over my Merc :smiley: )
They seem to cater for the driver with little touches like the chair and table conversion in the bunk area for example, ideal for being weekended or whatever (not that I am anymore)

The last experience.I had on one was the Eurostar, on demo, in the late 90s, which was not a bad truck imo,.and a good cab to live in. Even the Eurotech was not too bad that I had for a fortnight.

Before that I had a 190.30 in the 80s (which I owned) with very few problems, (apart from a few electrics) and a Turbostar, which was wayyy ahead of anything else in the late 80s, elec mirrors, elec blinds etc etc.
I reckon that it’s a classic case of the o/p’s point…Badge snobbery.

I agree ! I spent a couple of weeks with a stralis last year, and to be fair I found it to be a decent motor to drive and live in. If it said Scania on the front it’d be loved…

I prefer a volvo and I like to drive a nice truck, however I honestly am not obsessed enough to worry what badge is on it. I am a driver not an owner driver, I don’t own it so couldn’t care less what it is. I live in it all week so my only concern is that it is clean inside. I find it odd how some will sacrifice money for a top of the range truck. Road legal & clean is my only stipulation. I don’t see the truck as a perk of the job, it is my job to drive it and not to add any value to it.

What difference does it make ? I have driven about every make of truck you can get in the UK, it made no real difference to me which one I had so long as the pay and conditions were good. Of course as most would agree driving a Scania was better than driving a Ford Cargo LOL, but then again pay me more money and I would take the Cargo and wear a mask so nobody saw me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Over here in the USA it seems that driving a Dinosaur such as a Western Star, KW or Pete are great but I am quite happy driving my Freightliner for more money than others. On my old company they gave me a Classic XL for a day and told me if I wanted it I could keep it, I handed the keys back and told them to keep it LOL

Iam very snobby ,it has to say Erf or Foden or there’s no chance of me being interested . :laughing:

I remember when DAF took over Leyland trucks.
The first thing my mate did was remove the Leyland lettering from his Leyland Marathon, and stick a DAF lettering badge on it. :laughing:

Badge snobbery is all well and good when you don’t have to buy the truck. I couldn’t justify paying up to 10k more for an older Scania thats done near on a million km’s when I could buy a newer motor with under half the mileage of the Scania. The dealers jump on the band wagon with regards to Scania’s and Volvo’s but they clearly sell them■■?

If I where a fleet driver I could be a badge snob, cause I don’t have to buy it, don’t have to consider mpg, don’t have to consider downtime/parts etc etc etc.

I’ve got a motor that does what I want, excellent mpg, good to live in when needed and aint cost me a national debt. The badge isn’t going to earn me any more money :unamused:

Any make of truck that can manage to get me back to the yard on a Friday is good enough for me in my books.

I drive a scania and it looks well, but I’d love my plain xf back… Comfort over power any day of the week…

halewood:
Always been a fan of the vulvas meself

Those things are like ever lasting gob stoppers :laughing:

Money over motor every time.
So long as it’s safe and legal, and has a wheel in each corner who cares what badge is on the front.

peirre:
Money over motor every time.
So long as it’s safe and legal, and has a wheel in each corner who cares what badge is on the front.

The tartan curtain twitching, spotlight covered V8 drivers care!!

Don’t forget to look out for the lane number “accidentally” left in the window, from Dover or Calais to prove they’re international truckers

paulypaul:
Don’t forget to look out for the lane number “accidentally” left in the window, from Dover or Calais to prove they’re international truckers

Ooooh meeeowww!

download.jpg

:laughing: