Back in the hot seat

htfc1984:
At my request I’m going in the rigids tomorrow for a few days. Build my confidence back up. Then doing bits here and there in Arctic just until I’m confident enough. Had a good chat and a bit of help of another this afternoon and he’s made me feel better. I’m his defence so has the gaffer. He’s now realised I’m struggling and is been reasonable in his approach to getting me happier and encouraging me to stay and not give in.

That sounds better mate. Honestly, one day you’ll look back and wonder what you were worried about!

htfc1984:
At my request I’m going in the rigids tomorrow for a few days. Build my confidence back up. Then doing bits here and there in Arctic just until I’m confident enough.

That’s an awful long way to go to build up your confidence, son…

chinese6:

htfc1984:
At my request I’m going in the rigids tomorrow for a few days. Build my confidence back up. Then doing bits here and there in Arctic just until I’m confident enough.

That’s an awful long way to go to build up your confidence, son…

A very deserved…

wp-like-button.png
:smiley:

Seriously though, you just need to stick at it. Many years ago, not long after gaining my artic licence, I got a job with a firm near Peterborough (anyone remember Hutchinson’s), all flat work and much of it delivering to builders’ merchants in London. 45’ trailers as well! I used to wake up every morning, well before the alarm, and listen to a voice in my head saying “Ring in sick. Ring in sick.” But fear of not being able to pay the mortgage and the bills meant I kept turning in. Had some hairy moments, including one in Chester Square, where the Thatchers used to live, but one day I just got a lightbulb moment : “Zb me! I can do this!” The rest is history, as they say.

And you’ll get the same feeling sooner rather than later. Think how proud your little girl will be of you, rather than wondering why her dad fell at the first…