Atkinson ----v-----ERF Reflections please

As a pleb driver I drove quite a few Atki’s in the 70’s, mostly Borderers, with some Mk 1’s thrown in. I loved them, I liked the later one’s with a ■■■■■■■ and Fuller 'box but my favourite, which I only drove for a week, had a 240 Gardner/Fuller box, DAJ 454L if my memory is correct. In 1978 I started on tankers and got a ‘A’ series ERF, I loved it, it was the first ERF I had driven. The last ERF I drove was an EC, I had it for two years then sadly our fleet became all German Bedfords, I would still drive the ERF today, loved the twin split. The photo’s are my 1st and last ERF’s.

mizzo:
As a pleb driver I drove quite a few Atki’s in the 70’s, mostly Borderers, with some Mk 1’s thrown in. I loved them, I liked the later one’s with a ■■■■■■■ and Fuller 'box but my favourite, which I only drove for a week, had a 240 Gardner/Fuller box, DAJ 454L if my memory is correct. In 1978 I started on tankers and got a ‘A’ series ERF, I loved it, it was the first ERF I had driven. The last ERF I drove was an EC, I had it for two years then sadly our fleet became all German Bedfords, I would still drive the ERF today, loved the twin split. The photo’s are my 1st and last ERF’s.

I think you’re doing Bedfords an injustice Mizzo, Adolphs Revenge is more appropriate IMO!
:confused: :confused: Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

mizzo:

I think you’re doing Bedfords an injustice Mizzo, Adolphs Revenge is more appropriate IMO!
:confused: :confused: Regards Kev.

Apologies to Bedford, :smiley: :smiley:

Atkinson was the last UK manufacturer to survive in this country, simply because they adapted to the conditions. They offered what Australian operators wanted and needed. Heavy duty, road train to express intercapitol single trailer specifications were customisable.
Atkinson was a premium brand, rubbing shoulders with White, Kenworth and Mack.

Star down under.:
Atkinson was the last UK manufacturer to survive in this country, simply because they adapted to the conditions. They offered what Australian operators wanted and needed. Heavy duty, road train to express intercapitol single trailer specifications were customisable.
Atkinson was a premium brand, rubbing shoulders with White, Kenworth and Mack.

Link to more:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … a&start=30

Feel free to move to a more suitable thread. I did a search for Atkinson and this seemed the most appropriate.

Star down under.:
Feel free to move to a more suitable thread. I did a search for Atkinson and this seemed the most appropriate.

Fair dos! It took me bloody ages to find the Oz Atki thread :laughing: