Artic tipper in Sainsbury's

Thanks for the sensible replies, I assumed the flour would come in sacks on pallets.

Adonis, you’re a prick.

billybigrig:

bazza123:
I may be super thick but do they really have a wood pellet burner for the heating system?! Seems a bit over the top!

j-sainsbury.co.uk/blog/2011/ … itive-use/

Ah yes, we burn wood. It’s sustainable and environmentally friendly. Sure it is. Just do some basic maths, how much wood would a household need to burn in a year to provide heat and hot water and cooking? Multiply by number of households in the country. Then check how long a tree takes to grow.

the nodding donkey:

billybigrig:

bazza123:
I may be super thick but do they really have a wood pellet burner for the heating system?! Seems a bit over the top!

j-sainsbury.co.uk/blog/2011/ … itive-use/

Ah yes, we burn wood. It’s sustainable and environmentally friendly. Sure it is. Just do some basic maths, how much wood would a household need to burn in a year to provide heat and hot water and cooking? Multiply by number of households in the country. Then check how long a tree takes to grow.

Yep! Not very friendly at all!

Yes, but we are not talking about every household in the UK or trees grown specially for fuel. If you read the link given above you’ll see the following statement:

“They are part of our strategy to help us reduce the operational carbon footprint of running our stores and because they use a renewable source of energy they make a real contribution to cutting our carbon emissions. I really like the idea of using waste wood that might have gone to landfill to heat our stores and create hot water. Less waste going to landfill and less fossil fuel being used to run our stores is a true win win”

To emphasize that again, it’s waste wood their using. Saved from landfill.

Henk:
Yes, but we are not talking about every household in the UK or trees grown specially for fuel. If you read the link given above you’ll see the following statement:

“They are part of our strategy to help us reduce the operational carbon footprint of running our stores and because they use a renewable source of energy they make a real contribution to cutting our carbon emissions. I really like the idea of using waste wood that might have gone to landfill to heat our stores and create hot water. Less waste going to landfill and less fossil fuel being used to run our stores is a true win win”

Wrong! This is from woodpellets2u.co.uk

The wood used for biomass wood pellets either comes from wastes from industries such as sawmilling or from virgin trees that have been specifically grown for the purpose of creating pellets.

TiredAndEmotional:

Henk:

The wood used for biomass wood pellets either comes from wastes from industries such as sawmilling or from virgin trees that have been specifically grown for the purpose of creating pellets.

What is wrong with that, they’ve stated that they only use waste wood.

[attachment=0]21402913703_219af8912b_b.jpg[/attachment)
Its wood pellets they are blown thru a pipe but trailer would have to be lifted to get load to the back delivery’s also to hospitals.

21402913703_219af8912b_b.jpg

I dont think they state they use ONLY waste wood, but say they "like the idea" of using waste wood. A bit of politician speak going on there. If wood is grown specifically for fuel then it will taking CO2 from the atmosphere for few years, before it released back into the air. If fossil fuel is burnt then the CO2 released is from the atmosphere millions of years ago, so the current level of CO2 is increased. Thats why it`s claimed that wood burning is “greener” than burning fossil fuels.

Henk:

TiredAndEmotional:

Henk:

What is wrong with that, they’ve stated that they only use waste wood.

I can’t help you anymore if you insist on being a plank!

Did you see what I did there? :slight_smile:

Delivering pay packet for the fabled shelf stacker.

I went past again today and there is a stand alone building in the yard with a chimney attached. Must be a bit labour intensive though, cleaning the ash out etc. Must have some sort of auto-loader thing I would have thought.

bazza123:
I went past again today and there is a stand alone building in the yard with a chimney attached. Must be a bit labour intensive though, cleaning the ash out etc. Must have some sort of auto-loader thing I would have thought.

My mate has one at his house. Pellets stored in hopper, electronic controlled auger feeds pellets in. Next to no ash made. Can be left on unattended for days. Commercial sized one may need more attention but no need for a stoker with a big shovel.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
Edit- Two wives talking.
‘My husband’s a stoker. He works for Cunard’
‘My husband’s a boiler-maker. He works quite hard too’