Aren't motorway services meant to be 'secure parking?

Mwaaaaaahhhh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
There is so much uninformed ■■■■ posted on this thread i am falling around on the floor laughing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

robroy:
After reading all this and other stuff on the same subject, can somebody remind me.
What exactly is the job of the Police these days??

The police are all TV stars now, if they are not chasing people in their interceptors they are assisting bailiffs throwing single mothers out of their house!

They daren’t go anywhere near a caravan dweller.

MSA charge 30 quid and pay 4.70 to the staff

Wheel Nut:
they are assisting bailiffs throwing single mothers out of their house!

Baliffs only throw you out of your house if you havent paid your rent. Thats neither the fault of the police or the baliffs.
Being a single mother doesnt give you a right to not pay rent and continue to live in a house for free

Context

mac12:

sammym:

bobbya:

mac12:
About every 2 weeks drivers come on here moaning about parking but when you are having a night out there is space in your yard for a truck to park so how many companies let trucks park in there yard with full facilities and if not why not.

Good idea,let’s wait for the excuses why it could never happen.

I’ll tell you why it won’t happen.

Because people with yards in ‘prime’ locations would be full up every night and people with yards in crappy locations would be empty. So you’d have a deficit in spaces from the get go. To make it fairer you’d need to charge - but transport companies wouldn’t want to pay more than the services. Then you’d need a booking in and out system - at best security man could do it. But it’s a pain.

Finally - you’d have drivers from other companies coming in, kicking off, damaging stuff, stealing stuff and generally being a nuisance. Remember that it only takes 5% of drivers to ruin everything. And finally - it would require companies who are in cutthroat competition with each other cooperating and being nice. Which isn’t in their nature.

But you wouldn’t be having 100s of trucks every night if a firm has 10 trucks and 5 are out you would have parking for 5 so any damage would be down to them 5, it could all be advertised and booked via a app daily

Companies won’t want other companies wagons parking in their yards, period. This is a non starter, it would be too much trouble.

I was parked up at Donny services some ■■■■■■■ reversed into my wagon drove off before I could get out the door. I spoke to security he said all the cameras were dummies. I only park at mainstream services now if I’m absolutley desperate and have zero other choices. Shockingly over priced filthy holes with crap food.

Many moons ago for a very short period of time, I drove for Keedwells. They were members of the FTA (I think that’s what it was called) and as part of the membership you could park in other FTA members yards. They could also draw fuel, where it was available until one haulier was sending his trucks into other yards and getting fuel weeks before going under.

Don’t know if you can still park under that arrangement.

It wouldn’t be so hard to share haulers yards, it used to happen. Keyfuels was started by a midlands haulier. CH Jones had free parking for customers with a cafe on site, most tanker drivers could clean out at other companies and park overnight.

In France we had a guarded secure parking area which was shared by about 4 French hauliers. All trailers were checked in and had to be sealed, we could download our own cards and get oil and screenwash, or straps etc

rob22888:
Companies won’t want other companies wagons parking in their yards, period. This is a non starter, it would be too much trouble.

Not so sure it’s a non starter.

snapacc.com/sites/

The green ones are depot parking

There’s a place on the edge of Coventry called PJM that’s totally secure parking. It’s a few hundred yards from toll bar island and Middleman Business Park. Gatehouse etc

best answer I can come up with is a twelve bore…
just to fire in he air to frighten the thieves you understand…

Trukkertone:
best answer I can come up with is a twelve bore…
just to fire in he air to frighten the thieves you understand…

Naturally
Is it your fault if one of those warning shots (accidentally of course) should graze one of them in the kneecaps? :laughing: