Any old Air Products drivers here?

1984 advert.
Oily

Alec:
I worked at Carrington from 85to 2014 worked out of Sandbach many a time, the name you mentioned would that have been Alan Harding, other names I remember were Kevin O,Rielly,Sid ■■ Always wore a beret, Cyril Butler,ime sure I delivered cylinders to Edmonton depot when pulling AP trailers in the early 80s but only went there once. The next time was to Bracknell 2.

Hi Alec
Re Northwest trucks BOC. One of my many jobs 1960s was Smiths of Eccles Taylor road Urmston and we had a contract for Distillers CO2 Pollard Street Manchester. Green Bedford TKs and cyliders stacked safely ■■ on stillages and very rarely moved**? or fell off “ouch”. Lucky I never had any problems.
I used to see many BOC and Air Product drivers from Worsley depots at the caravan cafe at Barton airadrome A57. Later I worked for Southern Oil Humko Westinghouse road. We had a couple of drivers that moved to Airproducts Carrington. Jimmy Wright who lived Urmston area and Phil Shears who transfered AirProducts Canada. Quite a few ex Preistners and Shell BP Carrington ended up working for Air Products Carrington. I remember a few of the Air Products Hydrogen drivers from Sandbach. Think names were Jim and Don who drove Volvo 88s and transferred Hydrogen trailers at Humko late 1970s. I worked for Smith and Robinsons best job in my life next to Smiths of Eccles but all good things come to an end.
I moved to Kings Lynn Norfolk 1984 and applied for a job at Esso Estuary Road. About a year later I got a phone call from S&R Rothwell to say they have passed my details on to another company to start at the fuel terminal Wymondham in Norfolk. Got phone call Think it was HOYERS but money was not as good as I thought and I would have to lodge or travel about 80 miles a day.
Regards Kev

What a lovelly photograph. You would think it was taken today.
Id love to get behing the wheel of it.

I worked at Air Products in Bracknell then Didcot, in the 60s we had AEC Mandators and mammoth majors plus murcurys then in the late 70s to 80s we had ERF then Atkinsons but the best was the volvos we used to go to Belgium for argon. In the 90s the vehicles were mainly Atkinsons which I spent a lot of nights out in.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk