Another training diary

Congratulations. :sunglasses:

sammym:
Congrats :slight_smile: Slightly worried I could be the only person on here who actually fails a driving course with petes place.

Definitely not. I failed C 1st time. :blush:
(Entirely my own fault).

It would be great if everyone passed straight away! But we’ve had 15 tests this week with 14 passes (inc 2 clean sheets) together with 9 Mod 4 tests with all passed.

Congratulations to all involved. And best of luck to abzyyy with the retest. (This attempt really was a masterclass in how to almost pass but not quite!).

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Congrats pal[emoji3]

Well done IE, that is great news.

abzyyy:
Your not - unfortunately I didn’t do too well with my Class 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that, best of luck next time out

abzyyy:

sammym:
Congrats :slight_smile: Slightly worried I could be the only person on here who actually fails a driving course with petes place.

I failed class 1 twice there so don’t worry. Felt worse for ruining Petes figures!

kcrussell25:

abzyyy:

sammym:

I failed class 1 twice there so don’t worry. Felt worse for ruining Petes figures!

What did you fail on?

First was reverse. Had been fine all week but in warm up before had a brain fade and turned right in front of a car. Was nervous anyway and that made worse. Took the shunt in case but then put wrong lock on and no time to correct.

Second passing to close. Was a row of parked cars but didn’t notice the van halfway down sticking out more. Been told that was harsh but if was a truck would have lost the mirror. I was also doing about 25. Might have got away with it if had been slower. Or better yet just noticed the van!

3rd time lucky though :smiley: 8 weeks driving now

I totally screwed the reverse up and couldn’t work out where to go with it - I know it sounds silly - other that than examiner was very happy with the drive, couple and uncouple - booked 2nd test

I actually need to thank you Abzyy. If you’d passed then the pressure was on me to give Pete a full week of passes. So whilst you unfortunately failed you did take a load off of me.[emoji106][emoji39]. Good luck with your retest. Hopefully in better weather than yesterday.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

abzyyy:
I totally screwed the reverse up and couldn’t work out where to go with it - I know it sounds silly - other that than examiner was very happy with the drive, couple and uncouple - booked 2nd test

Very common reason to fail and I’m sure you will be fine next time

With the CE test the reverse is often one of the bigger challenges. But remember that, if it starts going wrong, take a shunt and make it count.

If you picture the “A” cones (the ones in front of you when you start) and draw an imaginary line between them and then fully across the reversing area, that is the limit of your shunt. A shunt will generate a driving fault - whether its a 10 foot shunt or a 100 foot shunt. So the advice is to use all the room available to you - - - exactly the same as in the real world.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Congrats on the first time pass IE , be sure to let us know where you go from here (with 500 + posts already I’ve a feeling you will)

Thanks. And yes my phone is pretty much in my hand unless I’m driving so doubt my post count will do anything other than increase. Everyone will know what I’m up to if they want to or not. [emoji23]

Current plan is to avoid agency and knock on the doors of brakes, p&h etc. Would sooner get full time permanent employment and seems if I can stick multidrop I can do anything.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk