Another complaint today!

m1cks:
Didn’t know Dozy had changed username

Brilliant :laughing: :laughing:

Your post made me smile as I deliver to tescos express on a regular basis. I too have been driving for a short period of time and I too have received complaints regarding my parking. I have appeared in photoshots sent in by members of the public with nothing better to do. (having said that he probably did have nothing better to do for ten minutes as I was blocking him in)

In reply to to those that say Tescos have risk assessments for deliveries. This is indeed true, unfortunately it only seems to apply for tesco drivers. I have never had a member of staff assist me in reversing onto a loading bay. I have one regular store who will only accept deliveries in the loading bay for a two hour slot. If you arrive outside of that time they WILL accept it but only if you park on the road and NOT in the delivery bay.

This is done on the basis that an incident occurred when a driver was reversing out of the bay and it is now deemed a health a safety risk. Unfortunately, the risk of me parking on the pavement and then dragging a cage across a busy road is deemed acceptable by the store manager. I tell myself he must have interpreted the situation incorrectly but judging my the lack of intelligence displayed by most of them I am not truly convinced.

The reality is, that if we didn’t park on the pavement, block cars in or had to wait for them to move we wouldn’t be employed for long. I get around 12 minutes at some tesco stores to do a delivery 10 of those are usually spent trying to find someone competent enough sign the paperwork.

I’ve been delivering to tesco express, mcolls, costcutters for around 6 months now. In that time I’ve had the following notable incidents occur:

Woman stopped her jumped on my tail lift and started blaming me for a tailback I was causing on the Motorway - she was right, I was.

Photographed and complained about for partially blocking a left turning lane for around 10 minutes - I did.

Called all the names under the sun - usually as they drive past me beeping their horn rather than saying something to my face.

For the first few weeks all this stressed me out something rotten, However I just let it go over my head now and think to myself how rubbish that person’s life must be to get angry at someone for blocking them for five minutes. If I abused someone every time they parked in a loading bay I suspect my blood pressure would be sky high by now.

damian39:
with nothing better to do. (having said that he probably did have nothing better to do for ten minutes as I was blocking him in)

Lol. :laughing:

The-Snowman:

damian39:
with nothing better to do. (having said that he probably did have nothing better to do for ten minutes as I was blocking him in)

Lol. :laughing:

Good man :grimacing: ( 1 point deducted only being 10 mins lol)

Damian39-£10 bets you work for Palmer&Harvey.