Another bridge strike, are truck drivers REALLY stupid?

Easily done got caught out several times in perth no easy way out low bridge galore bloody sat nav, luckily I knew trailer height stopped had to reverse out no where to turn no damage.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

StormST:
That bridge is a pain. You turn right and at the bottom of the hill on the bridge is the height markers, there’s no height warnings before the bridge and there’s no where to turn back once you turn in to that road. If you’re in an arctic you’d be reversing up a busy hill in to a busy junction to get back out of there, impossible in rush hour traffic, my satnav always directs me that way even with my height added to my satnav.

No warning? Not even this one?

ah the A6 Stockport…

youtu.be/FQo5w7hk0dc

Extra points for having his trousers undone :smiley:

idrive:
ah the A6 Stockport…

youtu.be/FQo5w7hk0dc

Shouldn’t that read " MORON " on the front of the unit ■■

pierrot 14:

idrive:
ah the A6 Stockport…

youtu.be/FQo5w7hk0dc

To be fair mate he ballsed up, made an error of judgement,.as we all do sometimes.
He got out of it with zero damage, did not panic, and drove away…so why is he a moron? :neutral_face:
Maybe if he had took out the traffic lights, or a shop front or hit a pedestrian, fair enough.

pierrot 14:

idrive:
ah the A6 Stockport…

youtu.be/FQo5w7hk0dc

I’m a new driver who drives a fridge mostly now.

And I think he did well to fix that.

I’m not perfect. And I’ve got lucky so far that my “I’m not 100% sure but I’m going to try it” calls have not lead to me being an internet sensation.

I’m actually usually conservative. I look at something with dread and find it’s easy when I have to do it rather than the other way around.

But he didn’t cause any damage - and only a fool would claim they have never made a mistake.

I ■■■■ myself when i went under a 16’ bridge and im 15’ just never know lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:

pierrot 14:

idrive:
ah the A6 Stockport…

youtu.be/FQo5w7hk0dc

To be fair mate he ballsed up, made an error of judgement,.as we all do sometimes.
He got out of it with zero damage, did not panic, and drove away….so why is he a moron? :neutral_face:
Maybe if he had took out the traffic lights, or a shop front or hit a pedestrian, fair enough.

Why Moron ■■? For attempting it in the first place, yes we all balls up, but would you have attempted that manoeuvre ■■?
And look closely, wiping out the traffic light was close, he did connect.