Andrew

Hola Karla.Yo vivo la mitad del ano cerca de Orihuela/Alicante.Me gustaria ayudarle con su empresa pero hace 3 anos he jubilado y no tengo no mas un permiso de conducir con los vehiculos pesados.Deseo buen salud a Andrew muy pronto.

Very good news so far which I am much relieved to hear. It does sound though that Andrew has a long way to go before he is fully recovered. The loss of sight in one eye is a worry which I can only hope is a very temporary setback. It looks like there is going to be an awful lot of load and strain running the business placed upon poor Karla without the need for Andrew’s longer term care too. It is just as well he has a strong and determined woman supporting him.

Get well soon Andrew and the very best of luck in a speedy return to driving yourself if that is what you now want. In the meantime Karla look after yourself properly and pace yourself - you cannot do everything.

Hola, gidders, vivimos en Nerja y en la compañía en la que hacemos el sub en Málaga. Muchas gracias por su oferta de ayuda. Espero volver pronto a conducir en la próxima semana o dos. Andrew está haciendo una buena recuperación.Enviar a tu mensaje a Andrew.
Gracias, Karla x

AndrewG:
Hola, gidders, vivimos en Nerja y en la compañía en la que hacemos el sub en Málaga. Muchas gracias por su oferta de ayuda. Espero volver pronto a conducir en la próxima semana o dos. Andrew está haciendo una buena recuperación.Enviar a tu mensaje a Andrew.
Gracias, Karla x

Via google translate…

Hello, gidders, we live in Nerja and in the company where we do the sub in Málaga. Thank you very much for your offer of help. I hope to return soon to drive in the next week or two. Andrew is making a good recovery. Send your message to Andrew.
Thanks, Karla x

cav551:
Very good news so far which I am much relieved to hear. It does sound though that Andrew has a long way to go before he is fully recovered. The loss of sight in one eye is a worry which I can only hope is a very temporary setback. It looks like there is going to be an awful lot of load and strain running the business placed upon poor Karla without the need for Andrew’s longer term care too. It is just as well he has a strong and determined woman supporting him.

Get well soon Andrew and the very best of luck in a speedy return to driving yourself if that is what you now want. In the meantime Karla look after yourself properly and pace yourself - you cannot do everything.

Hola cav551, doctor say Andrew do good, Andrew muy strong guy. No see in eye blood coagulo doctor say Andrew see in week to two week hope. I stay hospital to Andrew do analisis de gato viernes. One week maybe i drive C.E.Tva have work Malaga a Calais.
Thank you nice word for mi mismo y Andrew.
Karla x

xichrisxi:

AndrewG:
Gracias, Karla x

Via google translate…

Hello, gidders, we live in Nerja and in the company where we do the sub in Málaga. Thank you very much for your offer of help. I hope to return soon to drive in the next week or two. Andrew is making a good recovery. Send your message to Andrew.
Thanks, Karla x

If you’re going to do that at least post Gidders translation too to keep it in context :wink:

Gidders:
Hola Karla.Yo vivo la mitad del ano cerca de Orihuela/Alicante.Me gustaria ayudarle con su empresa pero hace 3 anos he jubilado y no tengo no mas un permiso de conducir con los vehiculos pesados.Deseo buen salud a Andrew muy pronto.

Via my awesome Spanish… Nah just kidding, google translate for me too :grimacing:

Hello Karla. I live half of the year near Orihuela / Alicante. I would like to help you with your company but 3 years ago I have retired and I no longer have a driving license with heavy vehicles. I wish Andrew good health very soon.

Happy to hear that thing’s are now going in a positive direction.

Come on Andrew!!

Get well soon, mate.

It’s sounding very positive Karla for a good recovery… He must be fit moving all that stone around and I’m sure that is helping his recovery.

albion:
It’s sounding very positive Karla for a good recovery… He must be fit moving all that stone around and I’m sure that is helping his recovery.

Hola Albion, si Andrew muy strong doctor say help be fit. Andrew do much tonelada de stone on truck. i drive truck no have lift bolso stone, guys a centro de jardineria hacer for me :smiley:

Gracias de nuevo nice word y trucknet guys. I tell Andrew mensaje. Andrew he wake maybe 5horas today, do good.
Thank you
Karla x

Guys, i would just like to say a very very big thankyou to all of you who have wished me well, on this thread and also the many pm’s which ive read today, its very kind and appreciated. Also, to my lovely Karla who apparently has sat by my side 24hrs a day, just seeing her there when i have woken on the odd occasion over the last week has made me realise how very lucky i am.
Long story short, gave myself a severe clout to the side of my head in Calais and initially thought id just split my ear open. Had it stitched up and drove back to Malaga but took twice as long due to severe head ache. Stopped driving as diagnosed with concussion, debilitating headaches ensued until all i can remeber was walking out onto the patio and waking up in hospital. Turned out an un detected blood clot on a CT scan was the cause, this in turn has now caused bleeding into the retina cavity causing loss of sight in my right eye, however, the doctors here (who have been brilliant btw) have assured me its only temporary and can be cured with laser treatment.
This has been a wake up call for me…ive changed probably dozens of wheels over the years but this time was likely a little too blase about it. It may be an old cliche but has made me realise just how very precious and fragile life can be and it can all end in the blink of an eye.
Still feel weak and tired and will be in hospital for another couple of weeks maybe.
In the meantime Karlas going to be back driving starting 15th of this month tipping Calais and into the UK for a back load. If theres anything you guys can help her with if she comes across any problems id be very grateful, will post up details when we get the address.
Again, thank you all for the very kind words many of you have expressed on this forum, its something i wont forget…

Andrew.

Well done that man. Good to see you posting yourself and being well enough to do it.

Hope everything continues to go well and your back to full fitness soon.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It’s great to hear that you are up and about again,we have missed you and your comments.take it easy with your recovery mate and you will soon be able to take over the Volvo again.

Brilliant to see you posting again Andrew, good to hear that you are on the mend. We all get blaze, most of us carry on without the nasty shock, sorry you got yours.

If Karla needs help in either Herts or Manchester area, just ask.

Good luck with your recovery Andrew. Glad your other half is so much help. Bloody bangs on the head!! I’m still suffering the after effects 12 years on. Chin up and all that.

Good to see that you`re getting back to form again. :smiley:

Looking forward to getting back driving again? The bash on the head obviously didn`t knock any sense into you then!

Great to see you posting again Andrew.

I can help Karla out in any area she likes.

Any problems just pop a post up and help will be at hand in no time.

Buenas noticias!..

All we need now is you to admit you clouted a bridge with your 4 metre trailer as opposed to the ‘I whacked my napper whilst changing a tyre’ nonsense. :smiley:

Nice one Andrew :sunglasses:

Can you do me a favour though mate? My lad’s having a pirate party soon.

Can he borrow your eye patch?..

Good news, glad you are recovering well, I probably won’t be able to help Karla but if I can, but I may be able to help you source a cheap parrot if needed…