Agency withholding pay due to "investigation"?

Out of interest, how much was the fine from DVSA? I got stopped over exactly the same thing on the M5 the other week by a traffic officer. Traffic officers have no powers though so I just rectified the issue and luckily that was it…

yourhavingalarf:
Work out…

What you are owed since you’ve been working for them. Ask for that amount in full.

When they refuse (which they will) tell them you are going to start through the courts immediately and then proceed down that route.

They’re lying to you about everything.

Find another agency pronto.

These kind of parasites make my blood boil!

Correct mate. Thing is about parasites though is that they always find a suitable host.

As above- Decide what you are owed and ask for it. If/when they decline, you hit them with the MCOL hammer. Get the kettle on and enjoy the performance. The bit just as they capitulate and embarrass themselves with their glass spine is my favourite :wink:

A bit of an update:

I finally managed to get some work through a new agency and used the opportunity to do my tacho print outs for the days I worked for the non-paying agency. Good thing I used to do manual entries at the time to mark the actual shift start time.
I’ve sent them a (tracked) “letter before court claim” giving them 14 days to respond.

ACAS turned out to be pretty much useless for my case because I have no contract of employment and the payslip doesn’t have the correct amount of hours and rate of pay, it’s not even from the company I’m claiming from. I tried calling ACAS 3 times after submitting an “Early conciliation request”, each time I was on hold for 5 to 10 minutes. They did call me once - last Friday, to let me know that my case was about to expire but I wasn’t home at the time so was unable to provide them with details, tried calling again later that same day with no luck, today I decided to go on on my own with the small claims court if I don’t get my money in 2 weeks (+time for the letter to be delivered)

Roymondo:

Harry Monk:
Is it just me, or is it incredibly petty for the DVSA to issue a prohibition notice to a vehicle which has no inherent roadworthiness fault but where the driver has made a simple mistake which would have been rectified in a hundredth of the time it took to write out the prohibition notice?

Totally agree, Harry. During my time in uniform I would simply have stopped the vehicle and pointed out the problem. Assuming he didn’t fail the attitude test, he would have been happily on his way 2 minutes later. It wouldn’t even merit any sort of “lecture” (unless of course he failed the aforementioned attitude test).

Really. A driver drives down the road, having ‘forgotten’ to raise the tail lift, obscuring the tail lights (stop and indicators…) , and you consider that a minor issue? Not worthy of at the very least a bollocking? How is any traffic behind to know where or what he’s doing? Cover your lights with tape and see how far that gets you when your stopped.

From how it’s presented, I take it that this is a hinged tail lift that raises and lowers in runners along the rear of the body. The type that must be raised to be locked into the vertical position, otherwise it can hinge down whilst underway. Leaving you with a 5’ by 6’ scythe at about knee height, behind your wagon…

But you all think that DVSOSA was being “petty”?

I think the O.P. was lucky not be looking at a driving without due care charge.

Harry Monk:
Is it just me, or is it incredibly petty for the DVSA to issue a prohibition notice to a vehicle which has no inherent roadworthiness fault but where the driver has made a simple mistake which would have been rectified in a hundredth of the time it took to write out the prohibition notice?

^^^^^^^^^^
ive been stopped numerous times and been given a prohibition for not having my abs lead plugged in. ( depending on what im up to then il usually leave it unplugged anyway)
ive often jumped up and plugged it in before theyve interrogated me which lets them catch me for a prohbition.
they usually go away and come back with two pieces of paper, for the prohibition,and the other one lifting the prohibition as the lead is now plugged in.
assuming i pass the attitude test,then mostly its a byebye mr vosa man unless theyre on a mission for something else.
all they are doing is justifying their bean counter job and once they find something with me,then ive found it helps to stop them digging and digging to find something worse… :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

Harry Monk:

^^^^^^^^^^
ive been stopped numerous times and been given a prohibition for not having my abs lead plugged in. ( depending on what im up to then il usually leave it unplugged anyway)
ive often jumped up and plugged it in before theyve interrogated me which lets them catch me for a prohbition.
they usually go away and come back with two pieces of paper, for the prohibition,and the other one lifting the prohibition as the lead is now plugged in.
assuming i pass the attitude test,then mostly its a byebye mr vosa man unless theyre on a mission for something else.
all they are doing is justifying their bean counter job and once they find something with me,then ive found it helps to stop them digging and digging to find something worse… :slight_smile:

Just out of interest why wouldn’t you plug the abs lead in?

kcrussell25:

dieseldog999:

Harry Monk:

^^^^^^^^^^

Just out of interest why wouldn’t you plug the abs lead in?

Cause then there happy they have found something [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk