ADR counts towards cpc?

instructorone:
I was referring to this one…

ADR INITIAL
Attending an ADR initial course will add 28 hours towards your Driver CPC Periodic Training as long as you attend the Core, Packaged goods, Tank Awareness and all classes except 1&7 (Radioactives and Explosives modules).

Packaged Goods & Tank awareness Course: Course Code CPC 1

Objectives
To enable students to acquire an understanding of transporting dangerous goods in packages and tanks by road: Covers Core, Packaged Goods, Tank awareness and all classes except 1 &7

Course Price: £672.00 (includes all fees and Driver CPC registration
Course location: Bookham, or “in company”
Course duration: 5 days (28 hours Driver CPC)
Course code: CPC1

I know you were, I was referring to a different course from the same site :wink:

hi all am doing my adr initial march15th, am getting funding for it, i havent got all the info yet but when it arrives i will study it and if you live in merseyside/cheshire i think they can draw funds for you, so hopefully it will be free, so once the info has arrived and it all turns out to be true and you live in the area pm me and i will send you the info you may benefit from it its worth a phone call to them if its free

dustylfc:
hi all am doing my adr initial march15th, am getting funding for it, i havent got all the info yet but when it arrives i will study it and if you live in merseyside/cheshire i think they can draw funds for you, so hopefully it will be free, so once the info has arrived and it all turns out to be true and you live in the area pm me and i will send you the info you may benefit from it its worth a phone call to them if its free

thejobgym.co.uk by any chance?

ROG:

dustylfc:

thejobgym.co.uk by any chance?

no rog never seen that site b4 am not counting my chickens but if its true and free then its worth it not sure of all details as of yet but i no it runs 4 five days and adr work has had a fall in rate its just another string to my bow and hopefully more drivers can benefit

Rew:

dieseldave:

Rew:
Just been told if you sit the whole course including tanks you can get 28 hours towards it. Not refresher.

Hi Rew, You didn’t tell us who told you… is it somebody credible that we should listen to and believe, or simply what your mate told you in the pub?

I teach ADR and it does indeed count towards the driver CPC, but AFAIK it’s 21 hours and the tanker module is specifically excluded unless somebody at JAUPT has moved the goalposts.

The ADR refresher course can definitely count as 7 hours, so your “Not refresher” is actually complete nonsense. :wink:

It was the guy who owns Roberts Training LTD in Stockton

Just finished the ADR refresher thank god, bloody freezing in that room. :unamused:

Cheers for the extra info Rew :smiley:

I’ve no idea about that particular provider, but I’ve run an ADR course in Stockton, which was for NETA, Billingham.

Cold room eh?? It’s a good job that SQA didn’t turn-up to inspect, cos there might then have been a bit of a problem for the provider.

Good job it was only a refresher, cos that’s half the length of an initial course, so you only got half as cold. :wink: