A to Z Transport Miscellaney

Extendable Trailer.
Taken in Portland Victoria.

Robert posted this photo of a South African E.R.F. on another thread and I never got around to letting him know that the rego shows that it belong to South African Railways. They used to use two lots of registration numbers S.A.R. South African Railways and S.A.S. Suid Afrikaans Spoorweg.
The load looks as though it might of been going to the S.A.S.O.L. plant near Johannesburg. I think S.A.S.O.L. stood for South African State Oil where in the seventies they were turning coal into petrol and diesel.

499b1a3b1a8a3717ff256fe7e7601d00.jpg

mushroomman:
Robert posted this photo of a South African E.R.F. on another thread and I never got around to letting him know that the rego shows that it belong to South African Railways. They used to use two lots of registration numbers S.A.R. South African Railways and S.A.S. Suid Afrikaans Spoorweg.
The load looks as though it might of been going to the S.A.S.O.L. plant near Johannesburg. I think S.A.S.O.L. stood for South African State Oil where in the seventies they were turning coal into petrol and diesel.

Thanks for that! Robert

Brochure for Edbro promoting their newly introduced tail lifts

Now we’ll move onto the letter F

Ferry Shung King, powered by Gardner marine engines.

Federation Flour, the brand name of CWS milling division.

Foden Steam Waggon

Foster & Seddon, the original name of Seddon Diesels

Foreman of Nottingham, famous printers of calendars and this was for W.A. & A.G. Spiers of Melksham for 1946.

Fleet specification Scania 113M 420. Driver, Nigel Lupson, one of three brothers who clocked op between them over 100 years of service with Turners.

Fleet Spec Scania 113m.jpg

French Foden, originally Gardner powered, re-engined with a Foden Two-Stroke. Foden 12-speed gearbox

French Foden.jpg

Foden Two-Stroke

Foden 2-Stroke.jpg

Foster Mills Cambridge AEC Monarch, 1930s

Freightliner Seddon 30/4/691, not THAT rear axle, but one that could be as troublesome!

Foden for Shell

French Frenlite Flour Tanker

Roger Bettley of Sandbach on contract to Foden.
ROGER BETTLEY FODEN 3.jpg

FWD Trucks.

Stillers bought out carline transport ,which was after Cardiff transport bought out blue line transport which became carline then it was stillers carline because they could only get into port talbot steelworks that way cheers John

Fuller 9-sp gearbox. Robert

9sp Fuller box in workshop.jpg