4/4 on / off

truckman020:
if you work it out you are only working roughly about 6 months a year,i used to feel guilty taking holidays,you take 4 days hols you end up getting between 8 to 12 days off,brilliant shift is 4 on 4 off,plus if your shift ends on a sunday and you like a lie in,it is great when Monday morning comes and you go back to sleep while everyone else is plodding in to work at stupid o clock

I too thoroughly enjoyed it the 5 yrs I did it for and if Asda introduced it now my name would be first on the list, never do more than 4 days on the trot 4 days off felt like a mini break, plenty of opportunity for overtime or to follow any other hobbies you may have.

Dozy go on agency, than you can do only mondays or ask for 356 off/356 off.

Bloody Hell. The working time you want needs to be developed first.

bald bloke:

truckman020:
if you work it out you are only working roughly about 6 months a year,i used to feel guilty taking holidays,you take 4 days hols you end up getting between 8 to 12 days off,brilliant shift is 4 on 4 off,plus if your shift ends on a sunday and you like a lie in,it is great when Monday morning comes and you go back to sleep while everyone else is plodding in to work at stupid o clock

I too thoroughly enjoyed it the 5 yrs I did it for and if Asda introduced it now my name would be first on the list, never do more than 4 days on the trot 4 days off felt like a mini break, plenty of opportunity for overtime or to follow any other hobbies you may have.

exactly,but you would allways find the bosses would ask you to work a fifth or sixth day on overtime,sometimes not too bad,but if you had other plans they never gave up asking,i used to say to other drivers that if you could afford it you could quite easily go to spain on the first day,enjoy two days there and come back on the fourth day,never appealed to me but it could be done for those who like hot weather.

Financially it only works if its salaried i think as those 3 day weeks hurt when its hourly pay

bjd:
Financially it only works if its salaried i think as those 3 day weeks hurt when its hourly pay

Basic maths say you’re wrong.