1980's Accessories and Stickers!

dieseldave:
I too have a bunch of old stickers, border forms and other docs, so is there any interest in having an “80’s Docs” post. :question:

ohhhh yes, C273s and tankscheins all round :laughing: get them posted please dave!

mushroomman:
Great looking truck, but you must have an empty plastic Heinekin beer crate on your roof rack, to keep your ropes in.
Better still, take out the ropes and fill the crate up with full bottles of Grolsch.

And dont forget to sling an old tyre up on to there as well :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Spardo:
Not that I ever did it but I can think of a couple of reasons.

1. A mirror that low down could wack pedestrians on the pavement, and,
  2. The ones I saw (not many admittedly) didn’t have a curtain on the inside - peeping tom alert. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:
  1. Fair point Spardo, but as I remember them, the mirror was quite small and didn’t stick out very far.

2. I never saw one with a curtain either, but as noted by newmercman, the footwell was usually occupied by toolboxes and ropes. One guy I knew used to put one of his boot soles right up to that window, which I found amusing thinking that a peeping Tom with a torch would get very slim pickings indeed. :laughing:

Any irish or scandinavian stickers?

dieseldave:

mushroomman:
Great looking truck, but you must have an empty plastic Heinekin beer crate on your roof rack, to keep your ropes in.
Better still, take out the ropes and fill the crate up with full bottles of Grolsch.

Yes mushroomman, but did you forget the “official” TIR bucket that must hang from the front towing pin :question: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Right Dave, if MR 141 is going to let you hang your official TIR plastic bucket on his front towing pin, then its only fair that he lets me hang my Turkish lady belly dancer carpet on his back wall ( mit the red light ).

Briefcase!
blimey, I have one of those too up in the loft somewhere, gawd knows whats in it :confused: probable full of old customs forms ect.
As for stickers, other ones always seen were ‘Follow me over-Via Dover’ and ‘Allez via Calais’

Wish i had a surprise breifcase full of the forgotten!! let me know what you find. Anyone have pics of the via dover and allez calais ones?

mushroomman:
Right Dave, if MR 141 is going to let you hang your official TIR plastic bucket on his front towing pin, then its only fair that he lets me hang my Turkish lady belly dancer carpet on his back wall ( mit the red light ).

Correct Sir. :smiley:
:bulb: Of course mushroomman, an 80’s truck would have to be complete with a catwalk tank full of the finest Beaujolais. :question: :wink:

time for my anorak mode moment!

Great looking truck, but please dont spoil it with loads of un-authentic chrome. So many restorations tend to overdo it.

I agree with you. My chrome will run to the pair of air horns and the exhaust stacks. I’ve umm’ed and arr’ed about the stacks, although not really original, i’m stuck in a sticky situation, i’ve always wanted a v8 scania with stacks, but not really the 141 but i figured i probably wont own another scanny so what do i do!!! Dont think they look to out of place, well i hope not.

Any more stickers? great pictures diesel. What a loft/shed!!

If you’re going for a non-standard exhaust system, why not compromise a bit and go for a sidewinder :question:
IMHO they sound far better than stacks, without spoiling the “concours” look too much. :smiley:

Any original stickers for sale anywhere? email me if you have

ben instead of stacks get eminox to build you a replacement system run it down the chassis with the outlet comining out in front of the back wheels and put a change over valve on theres a red 141 on youtube with this setup and it sounds awsome mate .to much chrome would spoil that truck of yours its well tidy

too late! stacks are already fitted, they cost me a £1000 i dare say a bespoke kit from Eminox would cost a fair bit more than that! Any stickers for me?

Got dozens more,some too big to scan,but not really appropriate for a 141 era Scania

excellent work KW, thank you, check my blog out soon, the 141 is almost done. Going to put interiour back in next week, then MOt the week after. Your stickers will come in to use then.
ANY MORE FOR ANYMORE ANYONE?

LOL at Chas and Dave Nick!!!