15 Hours Shift

dieseldog999:

weeto:
Will your drivers be happy to max out there hours?

why would an employer be worried about if the drivers were happy or not when theres runs to be done…shape up or ship out would be the norm when your average attendants are 10 a penny.

^
This
Whats actually wrong with maxing your hours out? I do it eac h and every week, if i didnt the 4K KM run wouldnt get done. If the works there, crack on with it, it may not be there tomorrow…

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

weeto:

why would an employer be worried about if the drivers were happy or not when theres runs to be done…shape up or ship out would be the norm when your average attendants are 10 a penny.

^
This
Whats actually wrong with maxing your hours out? I do it eac h and every week, if i didnt the 4K KM run wouldnt get done. If the works there, crack on with it, it may not be there tomorrow…

All well and good if your payed well for doing it, but some drivers in the UK are not.
Would be interesting to know what this company is prepared to to pay drivers for the absolute maximum duty hours of 90 in a week.

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

weeto:

^
This

Whining, weak, kid on drivers is what’s wrong.

Can you imagine any of these dayshift donkeys having to do a real days work or catch a boat? :laughing:

A.

Conor:

kevthrev:
I have TM CPC.

So you should bloody well know the answer given that the situation in regards to 9hr reduced daily rest has been the same for decades.

Another company employing drivers run by monkeys.

What is the point of having a forum if we all know the answers? I’ve been out of the industry for a couple of years, i am doing a refresher course,just brushing up, i do apologise for creating a discussion within a forum :open_mouth:

muckles:

andyatmorri:
Hi All,
I work for a well known supermarket logistics distribution company based in South East U.K.
I’ll try to make this as short as possible .
I set off in my LGV to the Isle Of Wight. Unable to get any earlier ferry back to Southampton we (another driver in another Unit) had to get the ferry we were booked onto. That was the 10:30am ferry.
As I clocked on at 23:45 the previous evening I had exactly 3 hours to get back to north Kent as the ferry docked at 11:45am.
With traffic problems and withthe company very regularly contacted even from Isle Of Wight before ferry departed, we ran out of hours stopping at Clacket Lane services between jct 6/5 on M25. Approx 40 miles for DC.

Andy

Were you double manning the truck?

No he wasn’t.

See here…viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149011

Adonis.:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

weeto:

^
This

Whining, weak, kid on drivers is what’s wrong.

Can you imagine any of these dayshift donkeys having to do a real days work or catch a boat? :laughing:

A.

Think the days of being forced to run to the max are long gone in the UK, and why would an employed driver worry about a run being there the next day because he isn’t prepared to do 85 hours a week, I wouldn’t have a problem doing it if the money is right, but it rarely is, and there seems to be a lot of drivers on not so great day rate now and run to the maximum hours and more every week.
Drivers just need to learn to say “no I can’t possibly do that” but they don’t and end up getting shafted by the company, like the morrisons driver allegedly did who has posted on this thread, and a driver I spoke to last week who says he ends up finishing 17-18 hours after he has started sometimes because he run out of time and had to be brought back in a van and some one else bringing the truck back.

weeto:
Think the days of being forced to run to the max are long gone in the UK, and why would an employed driver worry about a run being there the next day because he isn’t prepared to do 85 hours a week, I wouldn’t have a problem doing it if the money is right, but it rarely is, and there seems to be a lot of drivers on not so great day rate now and run to the maximum hours and more every week.
Drivers just need to learn to say “no I can’t possibly do that” but they don’t and end up getting shafted by the company, like the morrisons driver allegedly did who has posted on this thread, and a driver I spoke to last week who says he ends up finishing 17-18 hours after he has started sometimes because he run out of time and had to be brought back in a van and some one else bringing the truck back.

If these drivers didn’t whine at everything and cry when they need to do a full shift they might get a good job on good pay, instead they aim for the dizzying heights of HiVis Supermarket Superstar.

A.

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

weeto:

^
This

Firstly you tell us you an O/D so it pays for you to do as many hours as you can
Secondly doing high mileage across Europe, you’re unlikely to max your daily hours, as you’d max you driving hours long before that.
Thirdly considering the amount of Spanish trailers I now see with Romanian and Bulgarian trucks on the front, I’m not surprised you’re worried about the work not being there tomorrow.

In case anyone wonders where some of the posts have gone, I’ve move the post from andyatmorri about his trip to the Isle of White, and the replies to that post, to his other thread which is about that same topic.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149011&p=2355364#p2355364

muckles:

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

weeto:

^
This

Firstly you tell us you an O/D so it pays for you to do as many hours as you can
Secondly doing high mileage across Europe, you’re unlikely to max your daily hours, as you’d max you driving hours long before that.
Thirdly considering the amount of Spanish trailers I now see with Romanian and Bulgarian trucks on the front, I’m not surprised you’re worried about the work not being there tomorrow.

Pacquiao - Marquez Fight 4_2.jpg

tachograph:
In case anyone wonders where some of the posts have gone, I’ve move the post from andyatmorri about his trip to the Isle of White, and the replies to that post, to his other thread which is about that same topic.

Im surprised you didn’t lock it since it’s a load of BS :unamused:

nick2008:

tachograph:

I don’t think there is anything in the rules that say posts have to be credible. :laughing:

Worrying if you asking on the drivers behalf they should know what they can and can’t do. Whack GV262 in to Google, will help them…

muckles:

nick2008:

tachograph:

I don’t think there is anything in the rules that say posts have to be credible. :laughing:

It’s a good job there’s not because we’d run out of locks :smiley: