Why 2014 will see an influx of Bulgar/Rumanian drivers

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … z2JvZXh3mC

Earn about 50 quid a week there or come here earn 400-500 quid a week live in the truck or rent a place between a few of you to keep costs down. You can’t realy blame them can you.

This once great country is going down the tubes fast.I have 3 things to say to the younger element on here.Australia, N.Z. or Canada.

alamcculloch:
This once great country is going down the tubes fast.I have 3 things to say to the younger element on here.Australia, N.Z. or Canada.

…and put all those native Australian, New Zealand and Canadian drivers out of work eh.

It’s not just Britain that will suffer, but the rest of Western Europe too…

Derf:

alamcculloch:

…and put all those native Australian, New Zealand and Canadian drivers out of work eh.

kind of what i was thinking.
is it not the same as when all the buiders went off to germany back in the day.

chilistrucker:

Derf:

alamcculloch:

Don’t be daft! Johnny foreigner wanting a better life for themselves? Whatever next? It’s only the gentlemen English that are allowed to work, we’ve got an empire to uphold you know…

Derf:

chilistrucker:

Derf:

alamcculloch:

Don’t be daft! Johnny foreigner wanting a better life for themselves? Whatever next? It’s only the gentlemen English that are allowed to work, we’ve got an empire to uphold you know…

:wink:

chilistrucker:

Derf:

alamcculloch:

No not really. I don’t think the brickies were claiming any benefits from the German government?

Derf:

Johnny Foreigner wanting a better life for himself is no bad thing. For him. It’s not doing me a lot of good at the mo. Or am I just supposed to ■■■■ it up because a few on here get wet knickers by getting on a ferry?

Geoffo:

Yes Belgium will get 1 maybe 2 as well, however they will soon get bored and move on. Seriously though it is well established that the aim of the majority is the UK.

No chance in taking driving jobs off the Aussies as our licence is toilet paper over there and may soon be in New Zealand when I checked

Wait until Turkey joins the Eu, have you not noticed an increase in Turkish trucks on the UK roads, small Premium Renault cabs and tilt trailers for TIR.

GBPub:

Geoffo:

Yes Belgium will get 1 maybe 2 as well, however they will soon get bored and move on. Seriously though it is well established that the aim of the majority is the UK.

Yes quite possibly…

To move to Belgium you must first have work…

You will not be able to claim dole or any other money until you’ve worked a specific amount of time… Unless you’re an asylum seeker :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Derf:

alamcculloch:

That depends on wether you see the colonies as no longer being British colonies set up using our money and being born in a place as defining citizenship rather than descent.As for NZ and OZ as far as I know they won’t issue work permits to Brits to drive trucks just like Canada wouldn’t not so long ago,or if they do only with great difficulty.

DrivingMissDaisy:

Derf:

Johnny Foreigner wanting a better life for himself is no bad thing. For him. It’s not doing me a lot of good at the mo. Or am I just supposed to ■■■■ it up because a few on here get wet knickers by getting on a ferry?

I think the Brits have been indoctrinated to forget that it ( should be ) all about looking after our own interests in the world no one else’s.It’s ironic to see that great supporter of the Tory Party the Mail being against the idea of the import of cheap labour which was probably one of the reasons why Thatcher wanted us to stay in the EU at the last referendum and supported enlargement to include the East European countries. :unamused:

DrivingMissDaisy:

chilistrucker:

Derf:

alamcculloch:

No not really. I don’t think the brickies were claiming any benefits from the German government?

fair point.
but i’m guessing they were trying to make a better life for themselves, and go where the money was?
i see your point re the immigrants claiming benefits as and when they can and i don’t agree with it one bit, but already plenty of uk nationals kicking the arse out of the system, whilst the rest of us try and make an honest wage.
makes you wonder who the mugs are really?

chilistrucker:

DrivingMissDaisy:

chilistrucker:

Derf:

alamcculloch:

fair point.
but i’m guessing they were trying to make a better life for themselves, and go where the money was?
i see your point re the immigrants claiming benefits as and when they can and i don’t agree with it one bit, but already plenty of uk nationals kicking the arse out of the system, whilst the rest of us try and make an honest wage.
makes you wonder who the mugs are really?

The idea should be do what’s in our interests not others.

Maybe if British minimum wage levels were increased to the point where people could make their own private provision for all social security,health care,and retirement provision we could shut the whole state system down which would sort the good from the bad ones.But the government don’t seem to want to do that for ‘some reason’.Probably because they prefer the status quo to continue of workers subsidising the employers’ profits by using a zb rationed state funded system that’s open to abuse and which can be taken advantage of by immigrants.

The uk has been raped hard and many times by the eu.i think this will be the final nail in the coffin for us if we do not leave the eu asap.iam a jock and live in scotland i will not vote to go alone as its the eu that the snp want to get in bed with.we should all vote for the union and vote out this eu ■■■■■■■ we have had to bare for to long.

Its the Daily Mail… not known for its over exuberent reporting or editorial :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: