Hgv licence lapsed

Hi all first post with a question. My class 1 lapsed at my 45 birthday , question is a job posability has come my way can I get it back or do I have to retake my test again current age is 50 cheers all.

i would think you would need to start from scratch.

medical, theory tests, initial cpc and then a driving test.

all this adds up, are you confident the job has your name on it?

if your licence has merely lapsed as you did not take the required medical following attaining the age of 45 yrs then all you need to do is take required medical and renew
hth

as above only need a medical… :slight_smile:

mucker85:

:open_mouth: :laughing:

You just need to get the medical done the entitlement stays on your licence it’s just the medical validation that lapses.

dazzar:
Hi all first post with a question. My class 1 lapsed at my 45 birthday , question is a job posability has come my way can I get it back or do I have to retake my test again current age is 50 cheers all.

Pass the D4 medical and all licences covered by that get re-instated

there is no time limit either - leave it for another 10 years if you want to !!

You still have grandfather rights for the dcpc until 09/09/2014 but after that you will need a DQC (driver cpc card) and to get that you need to attend 35 hours of dcpc training

You just need a medical mate.

mucker85:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Harry Monk:

mucker85:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Is Mucker a trainer in disguise? That sounds like an answer a greedy trainer would give :slight_smile:

mucker85:

You would think wrong then. As per all the other posts on this thread you just need to do the medical.

Paul

green456:
if your licence has merely lapsed as you did not take the required medical following attaining the age of 45 yrs then all you need to do is take required medical and renew
hth

What he said.

Thank you all very much for the replies ,is this the forms i need to contiue D47P and D4 forms , i will get them orderd , i need them back for wheeled armourd vehicles which start at 7 ton going up to 15 and over , even if i have to take C cat it will be worth it, i will post back here when i have positive news lol , as nothing is garanteed untill its in your hands , again a big Cheers.

You definitely won’t need to retake your test. Just your medical.

repton:

mucker85:

You would think wrong then. As per all the other posts on this thread you just need to do the medical.

Paul

yes I did think wrong. He said it had lapsed 5 years ago and I didn’t know it was as simple as re doing your medical. Other people have said he only needs a medical AFTER I posted, apologies for not being able to read the future.

lol no probs mucker

ROG

You do not need to retake a test IF you have held the licence for 10 years. IF over 10 years, then you have to retake the test. “I think” :smiley:

SWEDISH BLUE:
ROG

You do not need to retake a test IF you have held the licence for 10 years. IF over 10 years, then you have to retake the test. “I think” :smiley:

You think wrong, as most other people on this thread have said it’s just a case of bringing the medical up-to date and the HGV entitlement follows automatically.

Should have said “within the last 10 years” not, for :blush:

Look at my earlier thread and try this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86727

The phrase, Fools rush in, springs to mind.

Simple answers like this are easily found on Direct Gov, you can download all the forms you require, some are available to complete on line. The site also gives prices, notes and contact details.

DVLA is a monolith, and uses dozens of postcodes, if you use the wrong one, then documents go missing, drivers may lose entitlement as happened with many A licence (motorcycle) holders several years ago.

It matters not whether it is 3, 5, 10 or even 17 years since expiry.

But the answer was given in the first 3 or 4 posts.