Day time radio, at night!

Hi all,

Following on from the post on night working, everyone knows night time radio is hit or miss at best.

I thought I would share a little piece of software I recently discovered.

It’s called Radio Downloader, it’s free and it works well. Basically it downloads and saves as mp3 any radio program

that is available on Iplayer, it’s searchable and has a series link function.

So instead of hearing Dotun Adebayo banging on about Nigeria, I have Vine, Mayo, Radciffe and Maconie (was that

Switchlogic getting a mention last week?) as well as all the weekend football shows I like. Also allows those that

don’t have DAB to hear 6 music etc. I download the previous weeks shows at the weekend, move them onto my phone

and listen through an aux lead from the truck stereo, so simply ignore news, traffic and weather reports.

Isaac

Good idea but not available for linux.

i listen radio gol from london
have it on MW 1548 i think

mygoldmusic.co.uk/

Lovlyperson:
i listen radio gol from london
have it on MW 1548 i think

MW 1548 is Radio Forth from Edinburgh.
I listen to Radio Gold on digital at home.All the hits of the sixties and seventies with two hours dedicated every night to sixties only.
Not sure what waveband its on and dont think it has national coverage.

Here`s the waveband for Gold.

mygoldmusic.co.uk/Article.asp?id=486495

andy peebles on smooth, then janice and alex on radio 2 … does me for the night.

Scotland’s real good feel good station…

Kerraang Radio

That is all .

stagedriver:
Scotland’s real good feel good station…

Late night gina is worth a porking.

And…If you’re running through the midlands between 10 and 12 have a listen to Caroline Martin on Beacon 103.1.
She is the dogs ■■■■■■■■ and on Friday nights,(I think it’s only Fridays as it’s a bit hit or miss as to whetever I’m around,someone will tell us) she has the ■■■ hour from 11pm.She sometimes gives ■■■ toys away for you lucky guys to try but she insists that you come back on to tell her how well they worked!
Never heard nothing like it!

shade:
Kerraang Radio

That is all .

This^^^^^

And whatever happened to that DJ called Tim Shaw■■? Was on there a few years ago and it was the funniest shows I’ve heard on the radio,apart from Howard Stern of course.

Audio books are another good thing when there is nothing on the radio.

Thetaff:

shade:
Kerraang Radio

That is all .

This^^^^^

And whatever happened to that DJ called Tim Shaw■■? Was on there a few years ago and it was the funniest shows I’ve heard on the radio,apart from Howard Stern of course.

ahh tim shaw ,you will remember the old boot game then :smiley: he got the sack for sum reason or other cant remember now , have seen him since presenting fifth gear with that tasty bit of crumpet vicki butler henderson

Ive often wondered when we will see the sky plus version of radio, the number of times you get out the truck when pop master is coming on and you miss it or whatever it is that you are listening to, I want to be able to pause the radio like i can my sky !!! Or even record programs when I’m listening to another one,

largebloke1969:

Thetaff:

shade:
Kerraang Radio

That is all .

This^^^^^

ahh tim shaw ,you will remember the old boot game then :smiley: he got the sack for sum reason or other cant remember now , have seen him since presenting fifth gear with that tasty bit of crumpet vicki butler henderson

I do indeed remember the old boot :laughing: :laughing: and the strippers he had in the studio too,awesome radio shame he got the boot as it was very good…

Late Night Love on Heart FM is quite good… :blush:

Thetaff:

largebloke1969:

Thetaff:

shade:
Kerraang Radio

That is all .

This^^^^^

I do indeed remember the old boot :laughing: :laughing: and the strippers he had in the studio too,awesome radio shame he got the boot as it was very good…

if you go on youtube there are sum old boot calls on there still make me giggle, when talk radio first started there was a bloke on there called wild al kelly from what i remember he was extremley near the knuckle, ian collins used to be pretty good on late nite radio too

Real Radio…it’s the future. :smiley:

ShropsBri:
And…If you’re running through the midlands between 10 and 12 have a listen to Caroline Martin on Beacon 103.1.
She is the dogs ■■■■■■■■ and on Friday nights,(I think it’s only Fridays as it’s a bit hit or miss as to whetever I’m around,someone will tell us) she has the ■■■ hour from 11pm.She sometimes gives ■■■ toys away for you lucky guys to try but she insists that you come back on to tell her how well they worked!
Never heard nothing like it!

shes also on brmb 96.4 and mercia so you can hear her from stoke all the way down to watford gap with a bit off channel hoping,shes on sunday to thurs nights. :smiley:

TTX boy:
Real Radio…it’s the future. :smiley:

The most dire radio station there is. Twelve songs on the playlist and constant prattling from irritating presenters telling you how brilliant they are. No thanks.

Night time radio is flicking time for me. Heart, Smooth, R5, Talk Radio and whatever catches my ear as I’m searching through.

Stan