Stobarts - Sherburn in Elmet

Got an interview for a planners vacancy at stobarts in Sherburn and was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on what the day to day work is in and out of there.

Just doing my research for my interiew.

Tesco and Coca Cola!! Soft drinks contracts. Good Luck with that interview!!

Screwing over drivers :smiling_imp:
Only joking, good luck :slight_smile:

when I was there it was mainly coca cola, think the other one was constar or similar, cant think of the name but it more or less ran itself, so coca cola, if its running properly should,nt be too bad, but when i was their I had a stobart boss and a coca cola boss,which in the end is why i left as you got criticised no matter what you did, if it was right for stobs it was wrong for coke, and vice versa…
dont know the traffic figures now but when the contract started the target was 200 yes 200 trailers out per 24hr period…
the other thing was it never seemed like stobs and coke actually talked in regards to stock shortage, I had numerous times trailers waiting for a couple of pallets of 1 product which could take days to come in from wakefield…

but hopefully as these problems have got ironed out??

If its a planners job…just do what all other planners do…■■■■ the job up, give drivers a headache all day, and dont answer the phones…that should make life a lot easier. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

truckyboy:
If its a planners job…just do what all other planners do…[zb] the job up, give drivers a headache all day, and dont answer the phones…that should make life a lot easier. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I would if i was a wet behind the ears newbie, I used to be a planner for Cavewood Transport and Leyland Paint and never ■■■■ on a driver.

I would if i was a wet behind the ears newbie, I used to be a planner for Cavewood Transport and Leyland Paint and never [zb] on a driver.
[/quote]
Well if you get the job Glen,don’t let them change you.
To be honest,sherburn is ok,it’s Leeds that has a reputation.
Good luck Glen.

jase:
I would if i was a wet behind the ears newbie, I used to be a planner for Cavewood Transport and Leyland Paint and never [zb] on a driver.

Well if you get the job Glen,don’t let them change you.
To be honest,sherburn is ok,it’s Leeds that has a reputation.
Good luck Glen.
[/quote]
Appleton, Stoke and Crick in that order IMHO! :wink:

I wonder if the driver attitude at Coke is the same with Stobart drivers like it was with Irlam’s? I remember when I was on for that place in Castleford with the old MAN’s (can’t remember name of them??), when we got to Coke we’d help each other tie the curtains back, especially if it was breezy (which J41 Ind Est always seems to have going :angry: ) and it made the job so much easier. When I was on for Irlam’s the other drivers were [zb] arse holes and would just stand there watching you struggle instead of mucking in and helping each other. Used to ■■■■ me off no end. :angry:

Whoops!!!
I think I’ve just cocked the quote section up of this thread,apologies everyone. Chuffin iPhone!!!
Yes Rob,still the same at coke,everyone watches you struggle as for some reason j41 seems to be one of the windest places on earth,even when it’s a gorgeous sunny day it’s blowing a bloody gale!!
Do you mean RCS with the mans??

jase:
Whoops!!!
I think I’ve just cocked the quote section up of this thread,apologies everyone. Chuffin iPhone!!!
Yes Rob,still the same at coke,everyone watches you struggle as for some reason j41 seems to be one of the windest places on earth,even when it’s a gorgeous sunny day it’s blowing a bloody gale!!
Do you mean RCS with the mans??

RCS, yes. Couldn’t think of name, but knew it was 3 letters. Awful trucks but a real good laugh with the lads there on nights. Can’t remember having so much fun whilst working. :astonished: Are RCS still going?

And you’re right about that ind est. I reckon the windiest place is Polestar - first place on the right as you turn right at the rbt for Morries. It can be perfectly calm everywhere else but it’s always blowing a force 9 gale in that yard. :open_mouth:

Well I won’t be working for Stobarts anytime soon, Interview didnt go well at all, think I might have to look for a smaller company to work for,

glen958:
Well I won’t be working for Stobarts anytime soon, Interview didnt go well at all, think I might have to look for a smaller company to work for,

Glen! I hope you never said “helpful to the drivers” as that is probably a No No!
Good Luck wherever you go mate!

Sorry to hear that Glen, good luck with the job hunting.

glen958:

truckyboy:
If its a planners job…just do what all other planners do…[zb] the job up, give drivers a headache all day, and dont answer the phones…that should make life a lot easier. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

leyland paints is meant to be a diamond job that you just cant get on at. how come you left.

jessicas dad:

glen958:

truckyboy:

leyland paints is meant to be a diamond job that you just cant get on at. how come you left.

I was temp to perm as a planner but the TM who took me on left under a cloud so anyone he took on was forced out. Good crack at Leyland Paints, drivers on the whole were spot on and they had a decent canteen on site. Not sure what is lke now/