The full monty,or croissants

Do you prefer the continental “light” breakfast,or the full fry up,when abroad,in most service stations all over France they do fry up`s,those croissants are not enough,and get hungry later too.

I have un express double, and maybe a croissant but buy a sandwich jambon emporter for later. I love fresh baguettes.

I don’t rate the French fry-ups, in fact there is nowhere in the world that does breakfast like the English, except possibly an Ulster fry.

The French cannot do a fry up, and as for that bacon they serve on Sea France, I got a piece once and I’m sure there was a tiny bit of meat in among the fat and gristle. :smiley:

And as for having a croissant for breakfast, what the hell is that all about?

German breakfast is good though, Ruhrei mit Schinken yum yum.

Tomatoe, garlic and olive oil on toast and a cafe cortado in Spain. Just the job to get you through to tapas time about elevenish.

Mmm,we may be at odds here Mr M. I always had good breakfasts on SeaFrance when they first started anyway.Much better than Seastink,the only thing that had going for me was that absolutely delicious headache cold milk :smiley: And I preferred,(but only just) spiegelei,schinken mit bratkartoffeln

Ex Haulier:
Tomatoe, garlic and olive oil on toast and a cafe cortado in Spain. Just the job to get you through to tapas time about elevenish.

+1 tostada con aceite y tomate is the dogs gonads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: fry ups are too fatty for the heart :imp:

Weetbix cereals, 2 x Au pain and a black coffee - good enough for me :wink:

I do like english breakfast - sadly that transport cafe seem going less around here right now

Steck, deux ouefs, grand creme avec un cognac to get you going off the boat: Sol y Sombra, pitufo con aceite…y vamos or cafe corretto con un otro for 200kms early in the morning.

Two coffees, a ■■■ and maybe a croissant but more likely a few Digestive biscuits. that would do me till lunchtime.

Ex-haulier,yes those garlic and oil toasties are typical of the Andulucian region of Spain,on above posts,emporter means to take away,for the baguettes,cafe cortado is short coffee,or cut,then horses douffers for lunch or pigs trotters.

FULL MONTY

YUM

For me a cafe cortado is half coffee, half milk as opposed to a cafe con leche which is closest to a latte and a bit girly.

try the double expresso,you will forget what day it is,if there were no tacho laws,you could drive 24 hours without a rest,that would make the boss smile,and pay for his timeshare in Puerto Banus.

A grande creme to wash my croissants down with, then a pair of espressos - one for each eye :open_mouth:
And away you goooo… lol

ROG:
FULL MONTY

YUM

ROG, I hope all buyers of that little ditty book their ‘tripple by-pass’ before picking up ther=ir knife & fork!! :wink:

Ross.

(looks good though!!)

Cook my own in the cab

ROG:
FULL MONTY

YUM

OMG that is a heart attack on a plate.

Simple fruit salad with dry brown toast please, with the largest cup of coffee you can find.

full english on p&o is good.
then it’s in cab catering for me. bacon and eggs every morning.
foreign breakfasts are crap.