Wincanton Containers Thatcham

Anyone on here working for them out of New Greenham Park, Greenham nr Newbury, normal stuff i know it’s containers contract, anyone know the pay rate etc etc. :smiley:

visit http://www.wincanskiatthatcham.poland to find out more/all

Well i speak a little polish if that helps, is it that bad ?

Paulc:
Well i speak a little polish if that helps, is it that bad ?

All wincantons places are like that, that’s why people call them ‘wincanski’ :exclamation:

This is the old RAF/USAF Greenham Common base and I’m 90% sure it’s used like Alconbury, a sort of midway storage area. One of the jobs at Wincanski is to take Containers from Felix to Alconbury and Greenham. ‘Local’ drivers then move them on.
If you apply for a job in 'Ski you’ll no doubt get it. LOL.

Does anyone here actually know what their rate of pay is? I’m curious, but I’ve got a feeling that they wouldn’t tell you if you called them. They’d only tell you when you’re in an interview :unamused: All they say on the jobcentre website is “Exceeds national minimum wage”.

Adam_Mc:
Does anyone here actually know what their rate of pay is? I’m curious, but I’ve got a feeling that they wouldn’t tell you if you called them. They’d only tell you when you’re in an interview :unamused: All they say on the jobcentre website is “Exceeds national minimum wage”.

£7.68 ph paid for 55 hr working week , even if your under 55 , anything over is overtime which is around £9.20ph (day rates)

Richardf1fan:

Adam_Mc:

£7.68 ph paid for 55 hr working week , even if your under 55 , anything over is overtime which is around £9.20ph (day rates)

I think I’ll leave that alone then…cheers for the info :slight_smile:

Nasty money, I got that for drivers mate a few weeks ago. :unamused:

Adam_Mc:

Richardf1fan:

Adam_Mc:

I think I’ll leave that alone then…cheers for the info :slight_smile:

Yeah, me too :open_mouth:

It’s been advertised constantly on job centre since they started doing it there. I guessed there was a reason.

I had an interview and driving assesment last november up in thatcham, for a job based out of southampton. I applied for a tramping position whish was advertised but was offered nights only!. The pay on tramping is salary up to 55 hrs then you earn commison on what the lorry earns during the week, and the nights and days were something like 7.40ph and £9ph with overtime.
I wasn’t very impressed with them really, i waited over an hour to have my interview which was suppose to be at 4pm and didn;t go in till well after 5pm, most of the drivers that i was introduced to were polish and couldn’t really speak english very well, and the drivers that were english that i spoke to didn’t have a good word to say about them.I was told by one of the drivers that you could get into work and be waiting for a lorry to come back from nights or days and could be waiting for 3 or 4 hours and then be expected to do a 13 or 15 hour shift, and that could happen all week, So it is safe to say that i gave them a very wide berth :open_mouth: .

.I was told by one of the drivers that you could get into work and be waiting for a lorry to come back from nights or days and could be waiting for 3 or 4 hours and then be expected to do a 13 or 15 hour shift, and that could happen all week, So it is safe to say that i gave them a very wide berth :open_mouth: .

How can that be legal? On the minimum that you quote (ie waiting for a unit for 3 hours then do 13 hours) thats a 16 hour shift.

paulfromwire:
.I was told by one of the drivers that you could get into work and be waiting for a lorry to come back from nights or days and could be waiting for 3 or 4 hours and then be expected to do a 13 or 15 hour shift, and that could happen all week, So it is safe to say that i gave them a very wide berth :open_mouth: .

How can that be legal? On the minimum that you quote (ie waiting for a unit for 3 hours then do 13 hours) thats a 16 hour shift.

it isnt legal i guess,but its not easy to detect[how do ministry know youve sat in canteen for 3 hrs],they just assume you started when your card went in[they dont know you should of put a manual entry in for 3 hrs].
the normal excuse drivers use is they cant understand how to put a manual entry in a digi tacho[but they understand i-phones,laptops etc etc. :unamused: :unamused: ]
most use it to earn more i. m.h.o, they get paid the 18 hrs, 15 that day,3 on a slack day, or they use it as a way of making sure they dont end up in a layby in a tin box,instead of running out of time at i.e 7 p.m they can carry on till 10 p.m.

ady1:

paulfromwire:

it isnt legal i guess,but its not easy to detect[how do ministry know youve sat in canteen for 3 hrs],they just assume you started when your card went in[they dont know you should of put a manual entry in for 3 hrs].
the normal excuse drivers use is they cant understand how to put a manual entry in a digi tacho[but they understand i-phones,laptops etc etc. :unamused: :unamused: ]
most use it to earn more i. m.h.o, they get paid the 18 hrs, 15 that day,3 on a slack day, or they use it as a way of making sure they dont end up in a layby in a tin box,instead of running out of time at i.e 7 p.m they can carry on till 10 p.m.
[/quote]
I no it’s not legal, thats why i turned on my heel and went and found myself another job, simples :smiley: