Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Who doesn’t remember the famous movie from Steven Spielberg (1977) where there is contact with the other site?
The most famous words where: WE ARE NOT ALONE.
Scary?.. Maybe but I wonder if anybody here ever had such and encounter?
Did you ever go somewhere, where you never had been before and recognised everything and drove straight to the address where you should go?
Did you ever see anything out of the normal, what changed your life?
And I don’t mean the Pink elephants crossing the motorway after a long night driving while fighting the sleep.
Or the alcohol induced dream that you are superman.

I really wonder if there are other things, what makes you think this is no coincidence.

What does me raise this question, you may think?

Well, I shall tell you what happened to me, and maybe will happen again this time.
We are going regular to the Canaries Islands for holiday, normally we go to Fuerteventura, but in September 2008 we decided to go Lanzerote.
When we arrived there, nice hotel, good weather etc, we spend a lot of time at the pool, and on the beach.
Nothing special you would say, I thought at that moment the same, couple on holiday, and we are quite unsociable so we do our own thing.
However every time when we where at the pool, beach or in the dining area, this woman was always not more than 20ft away from us.
Spanish spoken woman, around 35, blond curly hear (on her head), no model but pleasant enough to look at.
She didn’t really speak to us, as the normal “Ola” and Buenos Dias in the morning etc.
In the evening she must have had more men than there are rivets in the Forth rail bridge, but whatever.
Nothing strange up to there.
January 2009 we go back to Fuerteventura to our normal hotel (different chain of hotels than the one we had in Lanzerote) and you never guess who was there■■?
The same woman, and the story was as above, where we where she was. Etc.
So my missus was getting on to me, do you know this woman etc. How does she hang around us all the time, on and on? Made myself of with a joke “Maybe she is a lesbian and fancies you”. You can imagine that didn’t go down very well.

However September 2009 we went again on Holiday to Fuerteventura, and you never guess, there is that woman again, if we where lying at the pool she was sunbathing (■■■■■■■, nice ■■■■) two sunbeds up etc., if we where eating two tables up was this woman etc.
I don’t think she was stalking me, as she never made an advance, Also I’m no oil painting either, neither will I fill the Albert Hall with fans, just an middle aged, slightly bald, overweight, short ugly ■■■■■■■ (that is what I have been told by my ex anyway)
So you can imagine what my missus was thinking at this 3rd time.
She is still slightly suspicious about it, but I told her many times before, if I wanted to ■■■■ around, I wouldn’t do it on Holiday where my missus is 24 hours around me!

The big thing is: we fly on Saturday to the USA for 2 weeks holiday (New England); flying 9/11 I know, but than it’s quiet on the plane and the prices are better.
But I don’t even want to think what happens, if we go on the plane in Glasgow, and this woman is on the plane. The Twin Tower story will be forgotten in 5 seconds, when my missus explodes.
It has happened now 3 times in a row!
I’m not superstitious at all, but this makes me think somebody out there has a go at me, is my own “Close Encounter of third kind”■■?
Are we not alone? And is somebody having a go at me??

I don’t know million questions, nil answers, but none the less I’m looking forward to your “Close encounters”

3…

2…

1…

thats very strange :open_mouth: Why didn’t you ask the lady why she was following you ? :stuck_out_tongue:

If you have driven a lorry for a number of years you have seen all the aliens and had all the strange encounters you are going to have enjoy your holiday sit at the back of the plane they never reverse into anything.

Lycanthrope:
thats very strange :open_mouth: Why didn’t you ask the lady why she was following you ? :stuck_out_tongue:

My Spanish is probaly as good as your Dutch :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

And I would probaly woke up the next morning with an ashtray embedded in my skull, and a knife storred in my back :unamused: :unamused:

Jealous woman are more dangerous than a Vosa man checking your tyres with a little sharp screwdriver :angry: :angry:

Ik kan niet spreken van een woord Nederlands, eerlijk gezegd vertaler werkt goed maar :wink: :smiley:

Just don’t ask me to say that :smiley:

Now I’m worried, this guy interviewed me and gave me my job, I’m going to have to have ord wityh HR next week, I think you need help Franz :~))))

Lycanthrope:
Ik kan niet spreken van een woord Nederlands, eerlijk gezegd vertaler werkt goed maar :wink: :smiley:

Just don’t ask me to say that :smiley:

Nearly there: “Ik kan geen woord Nederlands spreken, maar eerlijk gezegd de vertaler werkt goed” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dutch is back to front mind :unamused: :unamused:

I can pronounce it for you :laughing: :laughing:

have you ever thought that most places in the canaries are time share so the same people go to the same places year in year out for the same weeks :bulb:

welshboyinspain:
have you ever thought that most places in the canaries are time share so the same people go to the same places year in year out for the same weeks :bulb:

I have thought about that but it was 2 different isles, 3 different hotels and twice in september and once in Januari.
So, yes I agree with you if both septembers where on the same island (but they weren’t) and /or in the same chain of hotels, but this wasn’t the case either.

caledoniandream:

welshboyinspain:

I have thought about that but it was 2 different isles, 3 different hotels and twice in september and once in Januari.
So, yes I agree with you if both septembers where on the same island (but they weren’t) and /or in the same chain of hotels, but this wasn’t the case either.

Could just be someone who is shy and is hoping for an interview :wink:

caledoniandream:

welshboyinspain:

thats the beauty of timeshare you can change hotels to different islands as long as its the same week
(i’ve been listening to too many scratchcarders down here :unamused: :unamused: )

Wheel Nut:

caledoniandream:

welshboyinspain:

Could just be someone who is shy and is hoping for an interview :wink:

Malc, could be, never know for sure.
But she was not the trucker type, I think she would ride anything except a truck.
In the begining did it cross my mind that it was a profesional cruising the isles for business, but she wasn’t short of a penny or 2.
And she had more style than that.
But friggin hell, my heart sunk in my shoes when she turned up the third time at the pool :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: