Who"s blocking the road?

Been driving a “puddle jumper” for a while now and the work involves delivering bulk bags/pallets of landscaping gubbings to what always seems to be the house that is in the corner of the cul de sac, tightest access blah blah.
Anyway, if i have to stop on the road, adjecent(spelling) to a parked car to crane offload and nothing can get passed whilst ime unloading - whos blocking the road . . me or the parked car ?

You, as the road was clear before you stopped.

Darby Flyer:
You, as the road was clear before you stopped.

So ime in the wrong then ?
Why dont people park thier cars on thier drives, getting ■■■■■■ off with deliveries like that -they dont do Chinnook dels yet
Fornicate em !!

i cant even park my car outside my own house cos the fat ■■■■ next door wont park his transit on his driveway :imp:

Why not park on His driveway then? :grimacing:

I Know…Tin hat…and skates on… :laughing:

scanny77:
i cant even park my car outside my own house cos the fat [zb] next door wont park his transit on his driveway :imp:

Kebab van?

Suedehead:
Been driving a “puddle jumper” for a while now and the work involves delivering bulk bags/pallets of landscaping gubbings to what always seems to be the house that is in the corner of the cul de sac, tightest access blah blah.
Anyway, if i have to stop on the road, adjecent(spelling) to a parked car to crane offload and nothing can get passed whilst ime unloading - whos blocking the road . . me or the parked car ?

Like it or not the parked car has a legal right to be there so you’re blocking the road, having said that this seems like one of those occasions when you just have to put up with any flack and try to appease people, it’s amazing what a difference a little polite bull[zb] will make :wink:

scanny77:
i cant even park my car outside my own house cos the fat [zb] next door wont park his transit on his driveway :imp:

Put a driveway in your place, then he can’t park in front of yours and you can park on your drive.

tachograph:

Suedehead:

Like it or not the parked car has a legal right to be there so you’re blocking the road, having said that this seems like one of those occasions when you just have to put up with any flack and try to appease people, it’s amazing what a difference a little polite bull[zb] will make :wink:

Fair point driver but surely i have a “legal right” to be parked there whilst doing a delivery ?
Just amazes me how many people cant wait 5mins nowadays. I try to use the polite bull ■■■■ method but it depends on thier attitude and more often than not lately, results in me telling them to ■■■■ off !!
Not very professional i know - must be my age :blush:

At the end of the day, if blocking the road for a few mins is required to do your job and make a delivery, the only course of action is for a bobby to move you on.

Explain you’ll only be a few minutes. If they get arsey, tell them to ring the police. By the time the Rozzers get there you’ll be at home with you’re feet up/ :wink:

why not ring the customer and tell them how long you will be. then ask him to make sure the road is clear.
if it’s not clear when you get there, drop the gear where he dosn’t want it.

limeyphil:
why not ring the customer and tell them how long you will be. then ask him to make sure the road is clear.
if it’s not clear when you get there, drop the gear where he dosn’t want it.

Phoning the customer with a delivery time where possible is good but why take it out on them if the road is blocked, the customer may not be able to do anything about it and upsetting customers is a quick route to unemployment.

If I am doing a delivery and the road needs to be blocked it gets blocked, if anything comes they will just have to wait, usually they are happy with a cheery wave and a thumbs up sign when I am finished.

DAFMAD:

scanny77:

Put a driveway in your place, then he can’t park in front of yours and you can park on your drive.

Not necessarily true. He can’t block your car in if it’s already parked there, but he can park there if your driveway is empty.

I deliver most days in a 17 tonner,to a Co-op in a small village.There’s always a load of cars parked outside,owned by locals who are too cuffing lazy to walk 100yds :imp: As a result,I have to park stupidly,and admittedly,sometimes dangerously,to get my stuff off.
Yesterday I got an earful of abuse off a woman for stupid parking,and it took every bit of self restraint I’ve got not to punch her in the mouth.I just “smiled” sweetly at her,her husband who was with her must have sensed my vibes,because he had the grace to look to look a bit embarrassed and shepherd her away.
Unfortunately,the client we deliver for are a modern thinking,customer focussed bunch of tw*ts,so if I ever bite,I’ve know I’ll be hung out to dry,because the customer is always right :angry:
Some of you will be probably be familiar with this bit of road,it’s in the village of Pontesbury,after the “interesting” bends by the church.I know a lot of bulkers and tankers deliver to a couple of food outfits in nearby Minsterly,thats if they can get past me that is :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ive been driving for Jewsons for a while and it sounds similar to that you just have to block the road apologise and tell them you wont be very long I usually gesture with my fingers to say 5 minutes if they start getting out the car and getting nasty with youy just ask if it was a fire engine would they get out and shout at them?.

It takes longer to move pack away the crane and the legs secure the load etc than it does to offload a bulk bag and for ■■■■ sake dont squeeze the bags I got a written warning for that !!!.

jammymutt:
Ive been driving for Jewsons for a while and it sounds similar to that you just have to block the road apologise and tell them you wont be very long I usually gesture with my fingers to say 5 minutes if they start getting out the car and getting nasty with youy just ask if it was a fire engine would they get out and shout at them?.

It takes longer to move pack away the crane and the legs secure the load etc than it does to offload a bulk bag and for [zb] sake dont squeeze the bags I got a written warning for that !!!.

A couple of weeks ago,was doing a delivery in what seemed like the quietest cul-de-sac in the world.
No sooner as i set up to offload.Chelsea tractor wants to get past(could of imo) but driver is adamant that she cant- got to get Oliver to school blah blah.Bit my lip, put the crane down, legs in,moved motor
so she could get past.Set up again ,lo and behold- same driver givin it the big un because ime blocking the road :confused:
Surley they could have walked it in 15mins.

I don`t get any complaints from the customers I deliver to …

Then again I`m delivering to the cons in prison :laughing: :laughing:

Suedehead:
So ime in the wrong then ?

Sadly, yes. Having done furniture deliveries and blocked town centre streets in the past, I know your dilemma.

Why dont people park thier cars on thier drives,

Because they’re as entitled as we are to park them on the road.

I think that binmen have to put up with this the most though, pretty much all day, every day.